Recommended Posts

This review made me so happy. Jang tries to remain a positive, but objective outlook in his reviews, but this review was unusually positive. You could just tell he had a blast with this set. His final thoughts are always my favorite segment, as he gives not only his opinion but some very valuable input. Also, seeing it connected to Spring Lantern Festival was so nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spotted this on reddit this morning. Generally not too interested in what goes on over there, but I was bored this morning and found this gem. credit to u/Great-opinion-5857. I really like this expansion, the only thing I would add would be more height. The technique for building the walls on the first floor is particularly impressive. Any new news on the summer sets?

 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone please post a picture with the following order

Altar - Gardens - City(with the bridge in the front)

really would love to see how it looks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, just_one said:

Can someone please post a picture with the following order

Altar - Gardens - City(with the bridge in the front)

really would love to see how it looks

altar? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

altar? 

The 16x32 baseplate in gardens lol

Edited by just_one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Spotted this on reddit this morning. Generally not too interested in what goes on over there, but I was bored this morning and found this gem. credit to u/Great-opinion-5857. I really like this expansion, the only thing I would add would be more height. The technique for building the walls on the first floor is particularly impressive. Any new news on the summer sets?

 

Great thing is, it is up on Bricklink. I’m pretty sure you can buy the parts and built it IRL if that’s the case. Honestly, this is one my favorite extension MOCs to date. I love the bamboo field, the “ninjargon,” and the lake. Very in line with the island theme of the original. Also, the fence signs utilize some neat tile parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Reddit user replaced the green trees with cherry blossoms from 10281 Bonsai Tree. I miss the spring green but this is cool to see. I think it would look good with lavender leaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the Gardens is out, we can begin speculating on the next addition to the Ninjago City line in 2022...or 2024...hopefully this isn't the last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CopperTablet said:

Now that the Gardens is out, we can begin speculating on the next addition to the Ninjago City line in 2022...or 2024...hopefully this isn't the last.

While that could certainly be a worthy topic of discussion, I feel like future Ninjago City expansions would be better suited to their own topic, much like the modular building rumors/ideas topic in the Town forum. After all, though we don't know when another expansion will be released, it PROBABLY won't be another 2021 set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CopperTablet said:

Now that the Gardens is out, we can begin speculating on the next addition to the Ninjago City line in 2022...or 2024...hopefully this isn't the last.

2026 is the 15th anniversary, so..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot wait for this new season, there's another trailer released as well. I love the ascetics, but the jungle dragon looks a little.... crazy? I guess that's the good thing about this season. Its blending crazy weird things, like the keepers looks and the dragon with the dark, edgy jungle, tactical gear and rough looking vehicles. speaking of which, I love the bikes!

3rd trailer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having seen Jangbricks review of the City Gardens all I can say is wow. I was shocked to see how much detail they included. In some ways I feel silly for not having zoomed in on initial photos but even still it seems like the set is jam packed with details from all angles and there’s a good amount of surprises incorporated. 
 

I saw someone on social media campaign to Lego for re-releasing the Ninjago City set from 2017 to coincide with this set and honestly hoping it ends up working somehow. Unlikely but I am a huge fan that set and never managed to get it (surprised its shelf life was 3 years, could have easily imagined it would still be acquirable by now but oh well) and would love to see it available on the market again. Of course all this knowing how unlikely that is to happen.

I think this is my favorite of the 3 additions to Ninjago City. I really like what they’ve done, it’s small and huge at the same time and it’s probably the most detailed set I’ve seen in a while. I love the newer trends of Lego referencing older themes and concepts in their newer builds. If anything I hope they do more with the Ninjago City line and make it kind of like a modular sub-theme of Ninjago overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's the wrong theme, but the new Monkie Kid 80024 The Legendary Flower Fruit Mountain is glorious, and I feel like it would perfectly accompany the Gardens.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/continue-the-legend-with-more-lego-monkie-kid-2021-sets-revealed/

Also watching Just2Good's review of 71747 Keepers' Village has won me around to getting it. Initially I thought it was great, but then more photos, especially the box art, make it look very small. Seeing it in the video though makes it feel a decent size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I know it's the wrong theme, but the new Monkie Kid 80024 The Legendary Flower Fruit Mountain is glorious, and I feel like it would perfectly accompany the Gardens.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/continue-the-legend-with-more-lego-monkie-kid-2021-sets-revealed/

Also watching Just2Good's review of 71747 Keepers' Village has won me around to getting it. Initially I thought it was great, but then more photos, especially the box art, make it look very small. Seeing it in the video though makes it feel a decent size.

Honestly that set is aesthetically similar to what I was hoping Gardens would be more like.

I wish LEGO would do more fantasy type sets like this that were adult displays and not play sets. One can dream.

Edited by Modal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there are any Dutchies here hoping to pick up the Island sets for a good price when they come out, Het Deense Steentje just opened up preorders and they've got some great discounts!

Lloyd's bike is €14,25. The dragon is €29,50. The island is €37,00 and the catamarans are €53,75! 

https://www.hetdeensesteentje.nl/nl/category/voorverkoop/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the Island set more now thanks to the review,I might even buy it come next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After putting the 2 gardens sets side by side, I’m extremely impressed with the dynamic city scape it creates. However, the builds are not symmetrical, mainly looking at the museum and the green building. This creates an interesting look if you like the diversity, but I love things to be matching. So I’m gonna disassemble the entire thing from the ground up, and rebuild it mirrored. I’m about to start work on tearing out the water tiles and sidewalks in the old city. I will provide updates if wanted, but I’ve got a long road ahead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

After putting the 2 gardens sets side by side, I’m extremely impressed with the dynamic city scape it creates. However, the builds are not symmetrical, mainly looking at the museum and the green building. This creates an interesting look if you like the diversity, but I love things to be matching. So I’m gonna disassemble the entire thing from the ground up, and rebuild it mirrored. I’m about to start work on tearing out the water tiles and sidewalks in the old city. I will provide updates if wanted, but I’ve got a long road ahead!

Can you please post some pictures? My dream is seeing a set arrangement of multiple Ninjago modulars next to each other. I think Gardens would be the best of which multiple builds could look great next to each other. And Interiorspace can always be replaced easily.

Unfortunate that, due to budget and space I will never own one of these sets. So I am dependent of all your pictures ;)
 

 

21 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

I appreciate the Island set more now thanks to the review,I might even buy it come next month.


As for the Island set: I think it just suffers from requirements and limitations. The old sets for around 50-100 bucks had these huge modified plates and many other big chunky pieces. I think sometimes using these ("big ugly rock pieces) and putting out new versions of these plates, they could acomplish much more aestetically as well as with play features.

Here is one of these pieces in a castle theme - but there's many other examples; like for island themes. I still have some of these old pieces and they are fantastic for any landscape build.

https://brickset.com/sets/10176-1/King-s-Castle

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about the lack of photos, apparently you can only upload 51kb of photos. Any one got any ideas? The pics themselves are like 51mb so I’m trying to find a workaround. Some of the photos were taken after I had started rebuilding it mirrored as well, so the old city will look a bit strange.

 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.