Well I predicted the titanium statue, however looking at the pics, I’m not too sure on this now. It seems very open and hollow. Kind of disappointing but I do like how the backside is more finished like the front. Yeah, not a fan of how open this set is, but I’m still gonna buy it

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That it wraps around the back and ends there on the left side. 

Hm, I'm surprised. There doesn't seem to be any easy, obvious way to climb to the upper levels from the lower ones. Though I might be missing a ladder or something on an interior or one of the less visible sides...

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

They said in the article that the sets are ‘expressively advertised that the ninjago city gardens can be expanded’

This could be considered a leak so feel free to ask me to take it down, but this is the link to the promobricks article: 

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-71741-ninjago-city-gardens-2021/106965/

Sooo that could mean there will be more Ninjago city expansions ? 

12 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Hm, I'm surprised. There doesn't seem to be any easy, obvious way to climb to the upper levels from the lower ones. Though I might be missing a ladder or something on an interior or one of the less visible sides...

Yea I’m not seeing how someone is supposed to get up to these upper levels lol

17 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

There's a retractable ladder to get into the ninja hideout or whatever it's called and it looks to me like there's a stairway to the top level right next to the blue building. 

Damnit damnit damnit Gardens is some kind of end module then? I was planning to put it between the two sections of the Docks that I split in half down the middle. I’m going to have to do a lot of modifications to both of them to make it work now! Damnit!

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There's a retractable ladder to get into the ninja hideout or whatever it's called and it looks to me like there's a stairway to the top level right next to the blue building. 

Looks about right, seems to be in close design with the one from the downtown diner set. Yeah, I’m a little underwhelmed by this set. I was hoping there would be something to get you from the old world to the street level, as in ninjago city if you were a minifig, you could access every building. Dosent seem to be the case here though. Maybe one of the buildings like the one on the right, is like an elevator? Like fully enclosed, takes you up to the top. Although the ninjago fan’s apartment is right above it, so that’s a no go. Also interested how the water way will work. It looks like the water section actually goes far into the build from the back, which has resulted in it looking like the building at the bottom area a lot smaller. Also, if you connect this to ninjago city, there’s just gonna be a little bit of land with a tiny stone structure on it, and water just flowing into a flat wall. I’m saying this as if you look at the 2 small islands on the sides with the technic pin holes, remember how far in the build they were in the 2017 set? (For clarification, I’m talking about the 32x32 build, not the pagoda/temple baseplate).No walkway around the tree on the second level, another thing to mod in. I get that gardens are meant to be large and open, but this just dosent feel like ninjago city. I don’t know how to feel about this set. I’d give it a 7.7 out of 10. The city from 2017 is still 9/10, and the docks sits at a solid 5

Edited by a guy from somewhere

If you connect it to the backside of Ninjago City all the levels will be reachable through the NC elevator ?

So having them lined up as City - Docks - Gardens, I think the right side of the back of the docks has a few stairs that lead up. I wonder if it will look better for that to connect to the garden temple or straight to the 32x32 baseplate. Also wondering how I can incorporate the Spring Lantern Fair. I’m going to set it up on a bookcase so want to keep it entire horizontal.

LEGO isn't revealing it because they probably realize it will never be in stock, just like everything on the website. :) 

18 minutes ago, KoljaB said:

If you connect it to the backside of Ninjago City all the levels will be reachable through the NC elevator ?

Well sure, that's obvious. But you can't expect everyone to have that set. 

26 minutes ago, Modal said:

So having them lined up as City - Docks - Gardens, I think the right side of the back of the docks has a few stairs that lead up. I wonder if it will look better for that to connect to the garden temple or straight to the 32x32 baseplate. Also wondering how I can incorporate the Spring Lantern Fair. I’m going to set it up on a bookcase so want to keep it entire horizontal.

You’re going to have to make it Gardens - Docks - City, left to right. Apparently Gardens is an ‘end module’. 

Hooray for details on the sides! If only Ninjago City sets became a staple of D2Cs, like Modulars and Expert Cars are. I can't imagine them not performing well enough to warrant more sets.

7 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

You’re going to have to make it Gardens - Docks - City, left to right. Apparently Gardens is an ‘end module’. 

I'm confused, isn't it an 'end module' still if its on the right end? :laugh:

I never ended up getting ninjago city docks and I don't regret it to be honest I think ninjago city and ninjago city gardens will look best without the bland space of the docks in the middle. Also if there is more ninjago city sets I hope they are mainly corner pieces so and no more straight ones so that if we reach nine of them for the tenth one Lego doesn't release a set for hundreds of dollars where all it is is a bunch of water pieces on a giant base plate (that might sound like a stretch but mark my words in 2028 if a new ninjago city set is released each year 2028 will be the year of the ninjago city environmental hazard swimming pool set for $300). Also, I think it would be cool to kind of have the four corners of ninjago city instead of the donut of ninjago city which is where it looks like the theme is going if more city sets come out. As a casual fan of ninjago (but also having liked it since day 1 and owning most of the original sets from the seasons up until skybound my least favorite season.) It is nice to finally see another giant city set which is pretty much the only thing I will get from ninjago this year. Because if Guyon2002's leaks are to be believed (which I do) being a harry potter fan in 2021 is going to cost me.

It looks to me like it was designed to have older sets connected on the right side of the gardens (as the left has the wrap-around walkways), so it could be Gardens-Docks-City.

However, I've always found that the City fits better to the left side of the Docks. I think it might try Gardens, City, Dock (like a J shape), that would mean the bridge in the city would lead into the gardens, and all levels can be reached via the lift  as well. Not sure where that would leave the smaller Temple Island though.

I’m a little surprised to see Lego acknowledging the retired sets in one of the leaked images, saying “Expand Your Ninjago City Gardens!” A little hard since both of its flagship sister sets are long gone, but hey, this probably means we can expect more expansions someday.

The Titanium Zane Statue was an awesome inclusion. I never would’ve thought that Lego would do that, but here we are. The Spa e Police poster on the side of the ninja tower thing is a nice touch as well. The build seems a bit more hollow than I would’ve liked though. Otherwise, I still really like the look of this thing and look forward to getting it in June most likely.

Edited by The Stud

I don't think it's really an "end module" like people are saying, at least not permanently so. I would bet that the extension to the walkway on the left side can be repositioned to either side (hence the additional Technic holes under the blue building). If so, you can position it anywhere you please, even between other modules, by simply removing the extension altogether.

Edited by Lyichir

I think the back looks pretty good. I actually like the exposed interior which allows easy access and doesn't affect the looks much.

2 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

I think the back looks pretty good. I actually like the exposed interior which allows easy access and doesn't affect the looks much.

Yea it definitely gives it more of a vibe of two towers rather than just one big building. It would have been boring to have one structurally the same as Ninjago City

1 hour ago, Gorki247 said:

It looks to me like it was designed to have older sets connected on the right side of the gardens (as the left has the wrap-around walkways), so it could be Gardens-Docks-City.

However, I've always found that the City fits better to the left side of the Docks. I think it might try Gardens, City, Dock (like a J shape), that would mean the bridge in the city would lead into the gardens, and all levels can be reached via the lift  as well. Not sure where that would leave the smaller Temple Island though.

Ok I’m so confused on how we’re describing this. When we discuss the Docks we mean the back of docks, as Lego has advertised the set with City on the left, Docks to its right but having its back faced forward. Gardens would then be connected to the right of the Docks. Both City and Gardens would have it’s front be the angle that each shows on their box

Edited by Modal

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Sooo much discussion on whether it sits on the left or the right :iamded_lol:

I never understand this... its Lego. You can change pretty much anything anyway. Its even quite fun doing builds mirrored.

Like if its too hollow: Well the set is still an amazing deal; if you wanna change it and have spare money; get 4 of them and create an interesting building that way with some kind of park or lake in the middle.

I mean what can I say it started as a stupid toy seller Ninja-cardgame-spinner-dragon-cyber-sci-fi thingy. Now we got a quite diverse and deep show with a huge lore (as I said many times to no ones interest: theres actual feminist theory worked into Nyas multi season story arc).
...and we get insanely nice and creative designs - also the best deals of any theme. But yeah its one colour too much or one stud too tall.

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I don't think it's really an "end module" like people are saying, at least not permanently so. I would bet that the extension to the walkway on the left side can be repositioned to either side (hence the additional Technic holes under the blue building). If so, you can position it anywhere you please, even between other modules, by simply removing the extension altogether.

I think this is probably true looking at the pics. Would make sense to me, especially if they are really making more of these, in which case making a designated " end module" would make zero sense imo.

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Oh, you think it’s removable? That would make sense! I thought it would be integrated semi-permanently. Huh. Here’s hoping!