Even the sets that were announced the day before their release were at least leaked a week or so before. At this point it could be any day now.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:28 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Unfortunate about the identical leg prints for the golden Ninja's...

Its rare the limitations of Ninjago become visible this way. I would have rather liked them to take it slower - but yeah so many legacy sets, remade characters, new characters and then also the new season, from the same wave-budget.

Still - it makes the suits less wothy to collect. I found the idea of the individual head molds pretty interesting.

Honestly I'm not bothered by the golden ninja having identical leg prints? This is the first time I even noticed it, to be honest.

The gold ninja's costumes are already effectively differentiated by their different masks and torsos. I don't see how sharing a leg print (one that works well for all of them given their shared dominant color) makes them "less collectible".

EDIT: Actually, looking at some of the more recent pictures, a cut corner that bothers me more is the two ghost generals in the Titan Mech set sharing a torso print and possibly even face prints. If they'd been meant to be generic ghost warriors it'd be a different story, but considering how distinct Ghoultar and Soul Archer's designs were in their debut arc it's a shame that, for instance, Ghoultar no longer has a skull and visible ribcage. Luckily I have the original versions of those characters so it's no major loss for me personally (and I appreciate some of the changes made like the purple streak in the ghost trail instead of dark blue to help ensure that these don't feel redundant to longtime collectors like myself).

Edited by Lyichir

13 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I hope so, mid to late December. legos really taking there time tho

Honestly I like to think of it as us getting the leaks of it super duper early. Also it helps me to remember that the release date was originally said to be spring 2021, so January is ok with me ?.

Yeah, all in all, leg prints being reused doesn't bother me much when there aren't many ways they could have differentiated the leg prints that would have been a major and noticeable improvement to the designs. I mean, what's the most they could've done? Add a few color-coded fasteners to the knees like on the 2013 ninja designs? Have the ninja knot their belts at different points on their waist? I don't feel any of that would make the anniversary figures particularly more impressive than they already are. Particularly since they all wear different headgear and neck accessories, which differentiates them considerably more than we've come to expect with previous ninja variants.

Furthermore, if LEGO had chosen to spend part of their budget for the year on five additional leg prints so each anniversary ninja would have a different pattern, that might've taken the place of five OTHER new printed elements LEGO ended up releasing. And that might've meant, say, putting only one new Elemental Master in the Tournament of Elements set instead of three. I know I wouldn't have been happier with that outcome…

@Lyichir also makes a good point — if LEGO did have a big enough budget to introduce five additional prints, I'd have rather seen it go towards adding more variety to some of the enemy designs which are currently a little "samey", like the Ghost Warriors or Anacondrai Warriors. The three Legacy ghost warrior minfiigs we've seen all appear to have matching upper body, lower body, and possibly even face prints, whereas all the season four inspired sets we've seen so far all seem to feature the same Anacondrai Warrior (Eyezor).

That sort of thing didn't really bother me at all with the Legacy versions of nameless or mass-produced baddies like the Stone Warriors or Nindroids, but for the season four and five villains I can't help feel a little underwhelmed by it.

Edited by Aanchir

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

That sort of thing didn't really bother me at all with the Legacy versions of nameless or mass-produced baddies like the Stone Warriors or Nindroids, but for the season four and five villains I can't help feel a little underwhelmed by it.

Pretty sure the face prints for the ghosts are indeed identical. It’s especially egregious when you consider that even though there was a lot of print and part reuse across the sets, every single one of the minion ghosts in 2015 got individual names. For reasons. I’m still not even sure why they did that but they might at least follow through.

ngl i'd like to see different leg prints with differently-colored sashes and leg wrappings but as far as they go right now they look fine (and best on kai of course). legacy's figs in general seem to be lagging greatly, however: with the repeated eyezor and no cultists (likely lego threw out the anacondrai skull sometime after using it on the bounty in 2017), lack of legacy 2 zane despite how well he would fit in the boulder blaster cage (which i suppose has to do with choosing yellow or titanium zane but still), the ghosts all being ghoultar with different hats, lack of leg printing on all nindroids despite their torsos implying some robe continuity, and a hypnobrai finally popping up this year, it seems like the ninjago design team's priorities do not rely whatsoever with minifigures or creating interesting legacy variants of old costumes. im no serious advocate for "accurate legacy figures", but certainly (taking the bounty as an example) figures like young lloyd and a somewhat improved samurai x would be preferred over "zx" ninja with a single shoulderpad each and the same wu with the same movie face multiple times.

For a lot of Legacy decisions that I’m not a fan of, I can chalk it up to not being in the target demographic. For example, of course I don’t care very much about the new Kai Fighter. It wasn’t produced for people who had the original, it’s to give kids who are newer to the show a chance to get some of the cool older vehicles. But what I don’t understand are some of these decisions with characters. If I were a kid, I’d definitely want to have a chance to get Chen or Skales or Samukai. The coolest part of the theme that young collectors would be missing are the villains, not the ninja. 

24 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Gardens release date is February apparently.

Yeah, just saw that. I think it’s real, since the leaker has a bunch of sample sets they got from lego (including the 2021 legacy wave) so I assume they have some sort of connections or sources. Guess we gotta wait for January for pics ?
Edited by someguy827

22 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Gardens release date is February apparently.

That’s only 1 post, and had better be damn wrong! I just want to see it and have it jan 1st...... what do we think about the quad bike that was leaked? First season 14 set!!!! There’s also a poly bag of zanes mech but you can’t really see it.

71747 looks like an interesting set, but not sure if it appeals to me...

4 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

71747 looks like an interesting set, but not sure if it appeals to me...

The keepers' village does look like the result of a late night cheese dream. The tower totem and snakehead rock look fun, the rest less so.

Edited by Lucarex

• just seen them, they look..... interesting. the keepers village looks really weird, im not to sure on the bike and that dragon, Jesus Christ it looks weird. absolutely loving the figures though, they look sick! and what are they all competing for, shields?

My thoughts: 

Catamaran Sea Battle: a refreshingly new concept with good figures and a pretty good looking villain vehicle but the ninja's catamaran seriously pisses me off. It looks good but I hate how the first big watervehicle in years goes to Kai instead of Nya :hmpf_bad: She deserves more attention!

Lloyd's Jungle Chopper Bike: figures are neat but the bike is too big for my taste and I'm honestly getting kinda sick of all these generic Lloyd-vehicles. 

Jungle Dragon: probably the best set in the wave. It makes sense to belong to Lloyd, the build looks good and the figures look pretty good as well. 

The Keepers Village: island itself looks pretty good, not too sure about that totem though :sceptic: Figures look great!.

Overall thoughts: this season definetely shines in the figures department but is kinda lacking when it comes to the ninja builds. This wave could fairly easily go from decent to great by making the catamaran Nya's and making the bike... well anyone who isn't Lloyd or Kai. 

14 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:
  • and what are they all competing for, shields?

According to the description thingy on the left they are amulets

yeah seen the amulet thing now. I find it weird how it says the legacy sets are a February release, that's strange. also, were season pics for sets coming out in march, but not for the gardens that are coming out in jan - feb?

I like the Overlord Dragon but it definitely could've been better. I really like the new wave of sets, especially all the teak. The Jungle Dragon is easily my favorite, what a great build and color scheme!

Man as a Ninjago fan as of *checks notes* a couple weeks ago, it’s been torturous seeing leaks for everything except the one set I’m interested in :pir-bawling: I’m having Diagon Alley PTSD

Just now, Modal said:

Man as a Ninjago fan as of *checks notes* a couple weeks ago, it’s been torturous seeing leaks for everything except the one set I’m interested in :pir-bawling: I’m having Diagon Alley PTSD

I completely agree. I think we need to start a movement. any ideas?

also can we talk about the suits for season 14? they look soooo cooooollllllll they are amazing. kinda disappointed that Nya and Cole are exclusive in 2 sets

Love the look of the new suits, but Zane and Nya kinda stand out as neither have new hair moulds or printing to symbolise the headbands the other four wear. I swear every set of ninja robes atm has 1 or 2 ninja with a weird variation that pains my OTT

21 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Love the look of the new suits, but Zane and Nya kinda stand out as neither have new hair moulds or printing to symbolise the headbands the other four wear. I swear every set of ninja robes atm has 1 or 2 ninja with a weird variation that pains my OTT

Tbf Zane doesn't really need a headband and they did recolor his hairpiece :shrug_oh_well: They definetely did Nya dirty though (again) 

Ooh, the new villains are lit! Check out the helmet on ‘Chief Mammatus’! Can’t wait to get that set, that piece looks great. All the villains do actually, the ‘Thunder Keepers’? And I see some with ants names ‘Rumble Keepers’ - or is it ‘Humble Keepers’? Probably the former, but maybe both? Humble Keeper would be a great name. 
Agreed that Nya needed a new part. Tch. Zane looks fine though, and the rest of the boys are pretty great. The sets are fun, too! Lloyd’s bike has a little hovercraft attached for Nya? The dragon is gorgeous, and I’m definitely adding that island to my Barracuda Bay. Still looking for pics of the catamaran.

Found it! The catamaran looks great! I might buy this whole wave if I have the space for it. The only one I’m iffy about is the jungle bike, and I might have to get that one since it’s the only one with Nya. 
Also, if this is a Lloyd season, why does he only appear in the two smaller sets?

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Tbf Zane doesn't really need a headband and they did recolor his hairpiece :shrug_oh_well: They definetely did Nya dirty though (again) 

I think it is the first time we've gotten the face scarf piece in azure, though.