Ayrlego

[GoC] Stone House, Myzectlan

As Sir Dirk continues his tour of Myzectlan, he visits an area of the city where many Myzec families live. Unlike the mud-brick houses of the farmers, labourers and artisans on the outskirts of the city and around the lakeside; houses within the city are generally constructed of the same stone as the great temples and monuments. More affluent Myzec reside in these houses, some quite modest like the one depicted below and others more grandiose. While some of the temples; especially those outside the city centre have fallen into disrepair, most residences are well maintained and some sport bright colours painted onto the stone work.

50146061678_646bf38db7_c.jpg

A residence for Myzectlan and my second GoC 'Daily Life of the Myzec' entry. Loosely based on one of the three Meso-American house sprites for Age of Empires II. Licensed as a medium residence.

Wonderful build! Age of Empires II crossed my mind immediately when I saw the MOC. As always, it's a super clean build with beautiful photography. The turquoise studs-out pieces gives a nice bit of texture and color to the house.

Very cool! Great use of azure (or whatever color that is), ad I love the smooth angled roof and the random mosaic floor. Also good use of SNOT in various places. And those trees are good as well. I may steal those! Another all-around excellent MOC from you!  :thumbup:

Great addition to the Myzecian culture, this looks perfect as a residence for a middle class artisan or trader.  Really nice design for the entry way and the windows.

Lovely house !

It has a Mayan style I like very much !

Now it is said that old pre colombian stone houses were mostly decorated or painted, in fact in flashy colours like red or orange.

So you could have even been more into colours than just this splendid Azure band !

:thumbup: from me. Mostly this is just a great build to look at and notice the details. The ground is well done for the civilization, the building looks great especially with the dash of light blue, and the various containers and bags give it a great feel of a used dwelling as well as adding color. 

Loving the smoothness of the build, and the use of the teal bricks.

Not really a complaint, but I would say it could definitely look like a sci-fi house with a few easy modifications. Ancient Astronauts on Cascadia? :pir-laugh:

Another beautiful moc from you @Ayrlego, I love this, all your mocs are top quality. As @Mesabi, said it does look sci fi, but I still love it and it is very obviously aztec inspired