Lepin did a good job and already copied all files from @efferman and pictures of the Osprey and show a release date of October 2020. How stupid, they even stole the rendering pic I posted here with the half finished model. Not even bothering to change the colors to complete gray.

9 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

How stupid,

that escalated quickly. do you have a link?

Just now, AVCampos said:

Would this mean they have an EB account to snoop around here?

Don’t need an account to snoop around

The triangular curved panels and the rotor blades are available on Bricklink. I've added their mold number.

I currently have a blade-less Osprey, anyone got any ideas? I have tried part 62743 (2 x 16 rotor blade), I was able to adapt the mount perfectly but they were too long! Other than this I have all the other problems solved.

Edited by Celurius

34 minutes ago, Celurius said:

I currently have a blade-less Osprey, anyone got any ideas? I have tried part 62743 (2 x 16 rotor blade), I was able to adapt the mount perfectly but they were too long! Other than this I have all the other problems solved.

The new rotor blades are 19 long so the 16 long cannot be too long. You can use 3x 62743 in combination with 32125 or 44374 and 2L axles.
rMPl8df.jpg?1   fuPtrRc.jpg?4

Edited by R0Sch
added pic

Hmmm... that is very interesting then as I thought these blades were shorter too but I have collision issues with the floor with these blades. I am guessing that it is not designed to fly in this way so in the real world this isn't an issue? 

IMG_5003-4.jpg.6dc9f20b26a7aa44cb969d6b6913ba99.jpg

Just now, Celurius said:

Hmmm... that is very interesting then as I thought these blades were shorter too but I have collision issues with the floor with these blades. I am guessing that it is not designed to fly in this way so in the real world this isn't an issue? 

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Yes, the blades cannot spin with horizontal engines at take-off and the LEGO ones are actually shorter than on the real aircraft. Max angle is about 45° for ground clearance.

Blade replacement mod:

20200727_123622

Original on the left, mod on the right

20200727_123815

20200727_123855

Mod on both sides

20200727_173128

20200727_173335

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Thanks for the help guys, I have actually managed to modify the existing mount to fit the smaller blades so that I can get the slight angle on them. I have tried to upload a picture but I think I have hit a limit as I don't often comment on here, I am more of a lurker.

Basically I just replaced the 32148 elements (Technic Axle and Pin Connector 3L w/ Center Pin) with 32449 (Liftarm 1 x 4 Thin). Then I could reconfigure the attachment points for these blades instead of the official ones.

Now all I have left to solve is the power functions battery box. It looks like it will fit with minor modification.....

Hi, newbie here. Has anyone got the full parts list as a .bsx file? I've no idea how to convert the .xml data into a format where I can create a shopping/wish list in . Every time I try to upload the .io files into a a Bricklink wish list I get an error. Any suggestions?

48 minutes ago, JPCarr said:

Hi, newbie here. Has anyone got the full parts list as a .bsx file? I've no idea how to convert the .xml data into a format where I can create a shopping/wish list in . Every time I try to upload the .io files into a a Bricklink wish list I get an error. Any suggestions?

Hi JP,

I guess you already found the .xml files in the first post of this thread?

Ok, fine. Go into your BL Account. Move your Mouse over the "want" symbol in the upper list. A menu opens, just choose "upload" and click.

In the new window, you can now choose between "upload a file from your computer" or"upload Bricklink XML List" - click on the second option

Paste the .xml File in the "copy and paste here" window

Click "proceed to verify items" in the bottom right corner

a new wanted list containing the parts will be created. Do not forget to save this list after you have done all your settings.

Good luck

17 minutes ago, BrickMusher said:

Hi JP,

I guess you already found the .xml files in the first post of this thread?

Ok, fine. Go into your BL Account. Move your Mouse over the "want" symbol in the upper list. A menu opens, just choose "upload" and click.

In the new window, you can now choose between "upload a file from your computer" or"upload Bricklink XML List" - click on the second option

Paste the .xml File in the "copy and paste here" window

Click "proceed to verify items" in the bottom right corner

a new wanted list containing the parts will be created. Do not forget to save this list after you have done all your settings.

Good luck

Hi BrickMusher, That did indeed work so many thanks for that. Saved me a bucket load of typing (although tbf being unemployed it would have kept me out of trouble for awhile). Just need a job now so I can buy these parts. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Hi All,

Have been reading through this thread trying to figure out how I can build my own Osprey. I've downloaded @efferman io files and have loaded them into the Bricklink Studio. I'm trying to understand how the Green "on" button on the PowerUp Hub is actioned with the C+ modifications? I think there's a blue axle pin pressing on it, but how do you that turn it on and off? Sorry for sounding like I don't know anything... This is the first time I've used Bricklink Studio and IO files, as well as the first time I'm potentially buying all the pieces to make one set from Bricklink. I want to make sure I understand everything before buying all the bits for the wishlist.

I think the White/Lime colour scheme looks pretty cool BTW.

15 hours ago, wg100 said:

but how do you that turn it on and off?

push the liftarm behind the left seat

33 minutes ago, efferman said:

push the liftarm behind the left seat

Ah, I see. Only problem now is there is no stock of the Lime blades on Bricklink ?

13 minutes ago, wg100 said:

Ah, I see. Only problem now is there is no stock of the Lime blades on Bricklink ?

There is

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There is

Really? Could you point me to where please? I could only see two available from Australia (I'm in UK).

13 hours ago, wg100 said:

Really? Could you point me to where please? I could only see two available from Australia (I'm in UK).

Order from Lego.com parts.  There I said it. Secrets out now.

wQ1CaBy.png

Edited by Klownicle