Harkonen

Dream Lego Licensed Themes

7 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Lego Wednesday (Buffalo)

• 40750 - Wednesday Brickheadz - 239 Pieces - 9.99 Euros
  • 76780 - 702 pieces - 49.99 Euros
  • 76781 - 750 pieces - 79.99 Euros

Gotta say, I really wasn’t expecting Wednesday to be Buffalo - the 10+ age rating is higher than Lego commonly goes, but still well under the actual show’s teen rating. But 76780 is definitely a buildable Thing and 76781 is probably the dorm room that has shown up in Ideas a couple times already, so I guess they’re skirting around the gorier parts of the show. The rumors of it being minidoll based is baffling though. 

My dream themes have to easily be Chrono Trigger and Xenoblade. I wish we got them in the mid 2000s. The Mechon really could have utilized Bionicle parts. Id love to get a set of Ouroboros Noah Vs Moebius DJ.

This is highly unlikely for Lego to do but I would love to see Ghost of Tsushima (18+ video game) as one-off set. 

I just realized that D&D belongs to Hasboro. Transformers is owned by that compnay too. 

So…how likely is it for Lego to do Power Rangers sets?

4 hours ago, Lion King said:

I just realized that D&D belongs to Hasboro. Transformers is owned by that compnay too. 

So…how likely is it for Lego to do Power Rangers sets?

Not likely. Rainbow ninjas in vehicles is a niche mostly covered by Ninjago, which isn't going anywhere.

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Not likely. Rainbow ninjas in vehicles is a niche mostly covered by Ninjago, which isn't going anywhere.

Curse ninjago….

I would guess if they would make a new film about them, it might be possible to get sets but without that the chance is quite a lot lower IMO. Best chance would maybe be through Ideas.

Honeslty I don’t think it will be an issue if Lego does Power Ranger and Ninjago stuff at the same time. I mean, yeah, Ninjago is lawfully similar to Power Ranger but it’s an in-house theme. It won’t be likely for Lego to do Power Rangers theme for sure. However, I don’t think it will hurt if Lego does a stand one set. 

Let’s say… a 18+ Icons  (or Ideas) “Morphers” (aka  original Power Rangers) for adults? It would be cool to see a Megazord set with five Power Ranger minifigures. 

Just thought! 

Seeing Avatar Korra as a minifig for Lego Fortnite makes me wish yet again for AtlA and AtLoK sets. 

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Seeing Avatar Korra as a minifig for Lego Fortnite makes me wish yet again for AtlA and AtLoK sets. 

The show really got short shrift back in the 2000s, didn't it? Two sets, neither very carefully designed, cheaped-out minifigures. They really should have tried to re-acquire the license in order to tie in with the Netflix adaptation (while still using the cartoon as the basis for the sets).

There are suggestions/rumors LEGO doesn't want to work with Nickelodeon for sets anymore after what happened last time and the way Nickelodeon treated LEGO.

15 hours ago, jonwil said:

There are suggestions/rumors LEGO doesn't want to work with Nickelodeon for sets anymore after what happened last time and the way Nickelodeon treated LEGO.

Wow. How did Nickelodeon treat LEGO badly?

On 3/8/2024 at 5:26 PM, jonwil said:

On 3/9/2024 at 9:14 AM, MatthewRC said:

Wow. How did Nickelodeon treat LEGO badly?

Yeah, now I'm hooked and want to know more about the situation. I'm actually of the opinion that Spongebob is a theme worth revisiting. I actually wouldn't mind a Fairly Odd Parents set or two. it's a shame they're supposedly unlikely to be produced.

In other news, Lego NEEDS to produce Pokemon. With Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Mario being existing or upcoming IP's Lego is working with, it feels natural that Pokemon would be the next theme to be produced. What's tricky is that the theme would need an exorbitant amount of new moulds. From the smaller pokemon, to head moulds for larger Pokemon who could possibly have parts of them to be brick built, to hair moulds for the characters, there's going to have to be a lot of new Pieces introduced for this theme. It's certainly an obstacle that could be overcome, seeing how much budget Pokemon and Lego has to contribute. Pokemon may be one of if not the best brand selling merchandise, which means they should in theory be able to contribute budget to new moulds. I speculate they wouldn't do so, but a man can dream.

Unfortunately Mega Bloks still has the rights to Pokemon (according to Google anyway) so its not going to happen.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Yeah, now I'm hooked and want to know more about the situation. I'm actually of the opinion that Spongebob is a theme worth revisiting.

I’d be there day one!! Obviously :laugh_hard: Can you imagine what they could do with the theme nowadays, with dual moulding and tail pieces and all that? :excited:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’d be there day one!! Obviously :laugh_hard: Can you imagine what they could do with the theme nowadays, with dual moulding and tail pieces and all that? :excited:

The possibilities would be endless. The quality of the builds would be much more impressive as well. Still, there's a charm and nostalgia to the older Spongebob sets that I doubt anything could replace. 

9 hours ago, jonwil said:

Unfortunately Mega Bloks still has the rights to Pokemon (according to Google anyway) so its not going to happen.

Speaking of which, I wonder how long Mega’s license will last?

9 hours ago, jonwil said:

Actually I think Mega is doing a terrific job with Pokemon, and I don't really expect Lego would do any better. I'm content to let Mega keep the Pokemon license, since they're doing such a good job with it.

13 hours ago, cosmic said:

In other news, Lego NEEDS to produce Pokemon. With Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Mario being existing or upcoming IP's Lego is working with, it feels natural that Pokemon would be the next theme to be produced. What's tricky is that the theme would need an exorbitant amount of new moulds. From the smaller pokemon, to head moulds for larger Pokemon who could possibly have parts of them to be brick built, to hair moulds for the characters, there's going to have to be a lot of new Pieces introduced for this theme. It's certainly an obstacle that could be overcome, seeing how much budget Pokemon and Lego has to contribute. Pokemon may be one of if not the best brand selling merchandise, which means they should in theory be able to contribute budget to new moulds. I speculate they wouldn't do so, but a man can dream.

As others have said, I wouldn't count on LEGO Pokemon any time soon but I bet LEGO will definitely make a full Zelda theme next year, they're not going to waste their new moulds for just one set, are they? About another Nintendo IP I would love to see Pikmin sets but I guess is too niche to work.

Also, I hope LEGO makes sets from non Nintendo franchises like they did with Horizon Forbidden West. I don't know, I just want a Final Fantasy 7 lego set :)

5 hours ago, icm said:

Actually I think Mega is doing a terrific job with Pokemon, and I don't really expect Lego would do any better. I'm content to let Mega keep the Pokemon license, since they're doing such a good job with it.

I’ve heard people say this before. However, Mega hasn’t done any minifig-scale Pokémon sets yet.

2 hours ago, Bloquerto said:

I would love to see Pikmin sets but I guess is too niche to work.

Given the Botanicals series, all you'd need to do is add the minifigs and everything is basically 1:1 scale.  But yeah, Pikmin (which I also love) probably wouldn't sell well enough.

Then again, it's a good idea for Ideas.  I bet it would get supporters.  People love cute Lego sets.

On 3/16/2024 at 8:04 PM, MatthewRC said:

I’ve heard people say this before. However, Mega hasn’t done any minifig-scale Pokémon sets yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if only 1 company could hold the building block license for Pokemon at once, irregardless of its scale. That said, does anyone here enjoy or collect the mega bloks sets? I think they look neat but I have always been interested in how Lego would handle the license.