Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

On 2/8/2022 at 2:35 PM, Vorkosigan said:

I found them at Walmart just before Christmas, may still be some in stores. After Christmas they moved what was left in the stocking stuffers display onto a random spot in the LEGO aisle with no price tag. Not sure if any are still around in my store but it's certainly possible they're still available some places.

I got 4 online from Walmart but one of the stores I would never go to received at least two boxes.

I think this theme would have done a lot better if they released the sets first. Releasing blind boxes and overpriced beat boxes first was simply stupid. I don't know what research team at LEGO thought that was a good idea.

I picked up the candy castle stage today, and the blue gummy bear has R and L printed on the legs in white. Never seen this before: is it meant to be like that? 

18 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

I picked up the candy castle stage today, and the blue gummy bear has R and L printed on the legs in white. Never seen this before: is it meant to be like that? 

I have the same figure and the R and L are there, I think it's part of the inside Leg Mould and not a print, but only visible because those legs are transparent.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:31 AM, TeriXeri said:

I have the same figure and the R and L are there, I think it's part of the inside Leg Mould and not a print, but only visible because those legs are transparent.

Yeah, if you look hard enough, you can observe these too on non-transparent legs.

I was at the Lego Store recently with someone not well versed in all of the different Lego themes and even they were asking me what these Vidiyo sets are and why they’re clogging up the shelf. I was explaining the theme to them and seeing every one of the sets on sale just reminded me of that Angry Birds line that even Lego themselves was trying to get rid of a couple years ago. I just thought it was an amusing anecdote. :laugh:

I’m still wondering if I should count the Bandmates towards my goal of having every Lego CMF series though (excluding region exclusives like Team GB.)

Edited by The Stud

A Vidiyo-styled triceratops minifig head has shown up on IG :wacko:

If I remember correctly, they said a different version of the theme would debut in 2023. Could this be it? I mean it can‘t be a prototype for a cancelled set since the piece has finalised-looking printing and everything, so it has to be from a 2023 set

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If I remember correctly, they said a different version of the theme would debut in 2023. Could this be it? I mean it can‘t be a prototype for a cancelled set since the piece has finalised-looking printing and everything, so it has to be from a 2023 set

I just saw that too. I find it very interesting. I am a big fan of the VIDIYO theme. I read somewhere online that the cancelled wave from January 22 was including a dinosaur skate park set. I doubt that they would be just relaunching The theme is it was intended to be in the first place.

I am hoping for a revamped version of the theme without the app just the minifigs with cool sets. the minifigs were awesome. Maybe as some pointed out that that team is dreamzzz but I also remember reading that the registration on the name didn’t imply anything geared towards toys, but mainly for video games or something like that. 

I am hoping that you are right that this is indeed for 2023. I work so hard to get all of the minifigs that knowing that one exists and that I can’t have it would be very disappointing. :)

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wait could i be Dreamzzzzz?

8 hours ago, Megbricks said:

I read somewhere online that the cancelled wave from January 22 was including a dinosaur skate park set. 

From Brickfanatics

Monster Metal Castle
Dinosaur RandB Skate Park
Cutesy Goth Carriage
Llama’s Tropicorn Parade
Goth witch BeatBox
Rock Viking BeatBox 

My IG under the normal hashtag has gone weird, only showing 9 pictures.

Would someone be kind enough to PM me the image, please? Keen to see what we are missing out on.

22 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

From Brickfanatics

Monster Metal Castle
Dinosaur RandB Skate Park
Cutesy Goth Carriage
Llama’s Tropicorn Parade
Goth witch BeatBox
Rock Viking BeatBox 

Oh yeah i remember that list now. I remembered the castle and the goth witch but had forgotten about the others. Thanks. So sad we wont see these. 

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The leaked triceratops headpiece makes me wonder if we actually will (in some form, at least). 

That would be amazing. A cmf?:) a derived theme with lots of smaller sets: one fig and its house? Lets hope!!:)

I know that a lot of people hated VIDIYO but i loved it. From what i understood the line went like this:

Vidiyo gets released 

vidiyo gets second wave

vidiyo really not doing well

vidiyo get put on hold to explore new ideas

lego comes back saying that after exploration the theme gets completely cancelled. 

That is what i roughly understood. Now this morning i read an article on a fan media that says:

From thebrickfan:

[…]LEGO Fusion back in 2014 was a total flop. LEGO Hidden Side had potential but didn’t last either. LEGO VIDIYO was cancelled after only a few month but is looking to release new play experiences in 2023. The LEGO Super Mario theme doesn’t seem to be doing well either. The Luigi’s Mansion sets are already discounted and they don’t seem to be moving. Let’s see what LEGO has planned for other app-required themes[…]

So now i am confused. Is the theme coming back? I understood that they had already explored and figured nothing could be done. 

with the current leak of the triceratop head, i don’t know what to think… anyone thought it was completely over?

Also the vidiyo theme in included in the nee Brawl video game… but then again so is hidden side and other older  discontinued themes. 

i do hope its coming back. As much as i loved the theme, i didnt like the digital play experience. 

2 hours ago, Megbricks said:

anyone thought it was completely over?

I did, but didn't discount them bringing it back should they find a way they thought might make it work. I thought there were some very neat minifigure designs, but the sets were overpriced and the blind boxes were a no-go.

I was wondering if the new dino head might show up in BAM. We’ve already seen the fairy wings and the re-used torso from the karaoke mermaid. I know normally they don’t put new molds, just a couple of exclusive recolours or prints, but if these sets were ready to go and they spent money on the stuff for the dinos, sticking them in BAM will stop it all being a waste, especially if sets had already been in production so they have a stock of unused parts 

I wonder when they will remove “Vidiyo” word from “set by theme” list in Lego S@H? All sets are currently out of stock so I’m not sure why “Vidiyo” is still listed there. 

5 hours ago, PotterBlocks said:

I was wondering if the new dino head might show up in BAM. We’ve already seen the fairy wings and the re-used torso from the karaoke mermaid. I know normally they don’t put new molds, just a couple of exclusive recolours or prints, but if these sets were ready to go and they spent money on the stuff for the dinos, sticking them in BAM will stop it all being a waste, especially if sets had already been in production so they have a stock of unused parts 

I’m not sure about BAM stuff? I mean, I don’t see that “non-existent” minifigure parts sowing up in BAM right after VIDIYO was cancelled. Like, did they actually started making dino head right before cancellation? I don’t know a thing. 

On 9/25/2022 at 7:02 AM, Megbricks said:

Now this morning i read an article on a fan media that says:

From thebrickfan:

. LEGO VIDIYO was cancelled after only a few month but is looking to release new play experiences in 2023.

I read that on TheBrickFan as well. Is it true? 

I personally didn't use or care for the app and hated that parts of the build were dedicated to be used for the app. But I LOVED all the unique minifigures. I have them all except the 2nd wave of the blind boxes.

2 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

I read that on TheBrickFan as well. Is it true? 

I personally didn't use or care for the app and hated that parts of the build were dedicated to be used for the app. But I LOVED all the unique minifigures. I have them all except the 2nd wave of the blind boxes.

I still didn’t get an answer as to if its true or not… but i really am excited if they come back!! The 2nd wave is still available to purchase here in canada on Amazon but amazon selss it for 6-7$ each CAD

This was their statement when they cancelled it - VIDIYO officially discontinued | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database

In July 2021 we decided to pause the LEGO VIDIYO roll-out to review performance and test new ideas. Through the extensive quantitative and qualitative research we have undertaken in the previous months, we have gained an enormous amount of learnings in terms of the music & content creation space and what it would take to succeed with the play experience, our go-to-market strategy in 2023 and not least how to build a sustainable business based on the VIDIYO experience.
Based on these insights we have decided to discontinue the physical VIDIYO products from January 31st 2022 but will continue to support the app experience for another two years to serve those consumers who have bought the products.
We still see great potential in pursuing music as a passion point and we will take learnings from LEGO VIDIYO as we continue to explore future fluid play experiences.

You could read some of that as being that they will launch something else with Universal to be music-related in 2023. Or you could read it as it's completely dead. But either way, I think VIDIYO is gone. However, there's a chance, as people have suggested, that it's for a CMF or BAM. If they've looked at it closely, they'll know that the figures were very popular, and if they could bring the price down a bit by scrapping the app and music license, it would likely do well.

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

This was their statement when they cancelled it - VIDIYO officially discontinued | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database

You could read some of that as being that they will launch something else with Universal to be music-related in 2023. Or you could read it as it's completely dead. But either way, I think VIDIYO is gone. However, there's a chance, as people have suggested, that it's for a CMF or BAM. If they've looked at it closely, they'll know that the figures were very popular, and if they could bring the price down a bit by scrapping the app and music license, it would likely do well.

Thanks for that response. That is what I remembered reading. At the time i understood it as VIDIYO is gone/dead/finished. I still would interpret it like this. Hopefully something new comes (a cmf or something else) as i really liked the figs. 🤞

20 hours ago, Megbricks said:

I still didn’t get an answer as to if its true or not… but i really am excited if they come back!! The 2nd wave is still available to purchase here in canada on Amazon but amazon selss it for 6-7$ each CAD

I hope more stuff leaks about the cancelled theme. Fornthe 2nd wave i don't like price point and that they're blind boxes it could cost so much and still not have a complete 2nd wave.