Robert8

LEGO IDEAS - The Medieval Blacksmith

7 minutes ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

will the free february gifts be available the moment the 1st arrives

They usually are. I don't see why this time would be any different.

I've just ordered my copy of the Medieval Blacksmith, which gives it the status of being the first major set I've ordered on release (and second overall, after the Harry Potter Herbology book). Not sure my purse will thank me, but future me definitely will

33 minutes ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

He's in the UK.

I know. What I meant by my post, is that because it is still 1/31/2021 where I live, hopefully it's not sold out when I wake up tomorrow 

So in the US you can find the set on bricks and pieces but no falcon torso, shield, or legs.  No tan horse either??  Will they not be selling those on bricks and pieces?  Or just not till sometime in the future?  

17 minutes ago, VTsquatts said:

So in the US you can find the set on bricks and pieces but no falcon torso, shield, or legs.  No tan horse either??  Will they not be selling those on bricks and pieces?  Or just not till sometime in the future?  

In my experience, if the part isn't even listed, they don't plan on selling it.  If it's listed as 'out of stock' wit no price ($0.00), then it will be listed at some time in the future.  Because it's not even Feb 1 here, the parts may not all be listed yet.  In fact, you can usually find the replacement parts and not on the buy bricks section if they're licensed, but in this case, there's not even a listing for these pieces, so they may simply not be loaded yet.  I'll be really disappointed if we can't at least buy the horse, so let's hope!

Edited by Grover

9 minutes ago, Grover said:

In my experience, if the part isn't even listed, they don't plan on selling it.  If it's listed as 'out of stock' wit no price ($0.00), then it will be listed at some time in the future.  Because it's not even Feb 1 here, the parts may not all be listed yet.  In fact, you can usually find the replacement parts and not on the buy bricks section if they're licensed, but in this case, there's not even a listing for these pieces, so they may simply not be loaded yet.  I'll be really disappointed if we can't at least buy the horse, so let's hope!

Thanks for input.  I've never tried bricks and pieces so all new to me.  I'll look again after midnight to see if maybe listed then.  Fingers crossed!!  Was really hoping for a few more figs and horse or 2.  

1 minute ago, VTsquatts said:

Thanks for input.  I've never tried bricks and pieces so all new to me.  I'll look again after midnight to see if maybe listed then.  Fingers crossed!!  Was really hoping for a few more figs and horse or 2.  

Don't worry, you'll get addicted!  As for pieces showing up, it may take a few days, so keep checking back!

I just got one - USA - got a "FREE Police Water Scooter (30567)".  No website lag, 5 minutes before midnight eastern time.

Tan horse, falcon torso, blacksmith torso, knights legs, shield, and helmet just dropped on B&P, no price yet, so they will be available at some point.

And @jtooker, I wound up with a Year of the Ox and Flower free gift with mine!

1 hour ago, jtooker said:

I just got one - USA - got a "FREE Police Water Scooter (30567)".  No website lag, 5 minutes before midnight eastern time.

Unless you really wanted that 33 piece scooter, it might have paid to wait another five minutes as purchases after midnight included two GWP: year of the OX 40417 with 167 pieces and chocolate box and flower set (30411) with 75 pieces.

I just ordered my Blacksmith too! 

Glad to see that the most interesting parts are listed on B&P (although not available yet). It also seems like the blacksmith's torso does not show yellow skin and will be useable for fleshies too!

Waited until midnight, had some issues getting the free gifts in the basket (flowers and ox), but they showed up in the email :) Lego shipped it this morning so hopefully it's here in a few days, looks like a fun build and can't wait to add more trees and change the colors around. If anyone else got different color pentagonal tiles for the roof it would be fun to see other versions, I only have black and dark blue ones ready.

They also added the horse and other items earlier today, but not available yet. Really hope I can get atleast one more horse as I have twins. They also added a "max 2 per customer" on this set, so hopefully no one misses out because of time-zone.

1 hour ago, Shroffy123 said:

Already out of stock 😢

Wow. I didn't get around to ordering it until this afternoon and was miffed that it was backordered until mid February. Fortunately I did it then. After Ninjago City Gardens was pretty much available for the first two weeks, and is back in stock now, I had hoped they'd figured out supply. I also hope that I get the February GWPs with this order and they don't run out.

14 hours ago, Shroffy123 said:

Already out of stock 😢

13 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Wow. I didn't get around to ordering it until this afternoon and was miffed that it was backordered until mid February.

I hesitated too and missed it. But I'm not worried. All the past Ideas sets have been widely available for months if not over a year. I'm sure we'll all be able to snag one.

But if you wanted it soon, yeah I guess that sucks.

18 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Wow. I didn't get around to ordering it until this afternoon and was miffed that it was backordered until mid February.

Mid-February's not all that long away, and in any case there's no guarantee the estimated time on the website is actually when it's backordered to. Sometimes it's sooner. I ordered the Razor Crest back in November, and was told then it was on backorder until the beginning of February. Lo and behold, a few weeks later it turns up - more had obviously come into production sooner than expected, and they shipped it.

Just a heads up. Although lego.com says out of stock, I called my local lego store which had them in stock. Was able to pick one up today.