Captain Nemo

Licensed Lego Ideas - Support & Discussion

I know this doesn't need much in the way of campaigning or highlighting given that it has less than 500 supporters left to go towards achieving support (9550 supporters as of this post), but since I've been gone, I'm surprised that no one on Eurobricks has mentioned @MinibrickProductions & TopLego8's Gravity Falls project... :classic:

LEGO Ideas - Gravity Falls: The Mystery Shack

resize:1600:900

On 9/15/2020 at 12:17 PM, adwind said:

I wish all of them were maid, but my personal opinion is that this round is less likely for Futurama than the previous one :(

It is a shame that we didn’t get to see Futurama this time around, but I’m hoping given that now two Futurama projects have reached 10k votes in a very short time Lego will make a set or two, (maybe even a wave?) based on the series. 

2 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

It is a shame that we didn’t get to see Futurama this time around, but I’m hoping given that now two Futurama projects have reached 10k votes in a very short time Lego will make a set or two, (maybe even a wave?) based on the series. 

You never know. If there's no issue with the licensing then it is possible... But I wouldn't bet though :) 

Just thought I'd share this news here too... :classic:

9 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The Brick Fan - LEGO Ideas Avatar: The Last Airbender YIP YIP! Achieves 10,000 Supporters

The Avatar: The Last Airbender – YIP YIP! by StudioTRico is the latest project to achieve 10,000 supporters on LEGO Ideas. The build mostly features Appa along with a display stand and is minifig scale. It also proposes maky of the main characters on the show including Aang, Katara, Zuko, Sokka, Toph, Suki, Iroh, and Momo.

The project now joins the Boeing 737 Passenger Plane, Colosseum (Architecture Style), Gravity Falls: The Mystery Shack, Brick Town Police Station, , and Red Dwarf Starbug as the ones that have reached the Third 2020 Review Stage.

Greetings everyone! I along with my friends made some Lego Ideas projects based on Mega Man, And I want to share these with you all here

Mega Man Legends - Servbot: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/bc40088e-611b-41dd-9231-d6a3bf3c574c

Mega Man Legends 2 - Flutter: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/6fae1868-2b38-4b40-8c91-335b05226540

Mega Man 1989: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/bbcb3531-2e5e-48ef-8531-2b609d58dbc3

Dr. Wily’s Castle: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a421a275-efbe-4ac2-8abc-0855b7b9c399

Please support them and share with friends ^^

Also, I supported every Lego Ideas project in this group thread, I wish everyone the bestest of luck! :D

On 1/10/2021 at 6:41 PM, wesker said:

The X-Files set by BrentWaller is the latest project to hit 10,000 supporters. Fingers crossed it passes the review stage.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2236f271-714c-4dea-a538-f3feb1293658

Ironically, Mega Construx used to have the license for The X-Files, but apparently must’ve discontinued the theme just like what they did with Futurama.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by MatthewRC

Since this is also a discussion page, has anyone else seen the 'leak' that there will be another F*R*I*E*N*D*S set this year? I don't know how legitimate Brick Guy (on Facebook) is, but it got shared to a Lego FB group I'm in.

16 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Since this is also a discussion page, has anyone else seen the 'leak' that there will be another F*R*I*E*N*D*S set this year? I don't know how legitimate Brick Guy (on Facebook) is, but it got shared to a Lego FB group I'm in.

Saw this rumour repeated on IG. Seems a strange one as Central Perk was marked down on sale everywhere for the last few months and still lots of them shelfwarming in these parts along with a shedload of other licensed Friends “gifts”. Not surprising given the show isn’t one you’d normally associate with the interest of your typical AFOLs. If there’s another set in the works, I guess it can only be Monica’s apartment. 

On 1/14/2021 at 1:03 PM, MatthewRC said:

Ironically, Mega Construx used to have the license for The X-Files, but apparently must’ve discontinued the theme just like what they did with Futurama.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Still grates that no Futurama set has made it through IDEAS, when we’ve had 2 large Simpsons sets and 2 CMF series. 

3 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Still grates that no Futurama set has made it through IDEAS, when we’ve had 2 large Simpsons sets and 2 CMF series. 

Well, chances are that LEGO can still internally consider doing a Futurama set outside of LEGO Ideas.

2 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Well, chances are that LEGO can still internally consider doing a Futurama set outside of LEGO Ideas.

Maybe but there’s been 2 or 3 at least that made the 10k review stage including the Planet Express last year. If the rejections were due to a conflict in the works, I feel it would have been happened by now.

On 6/19/2020 at 2:15 AM, DanDelie said:

I’d like to see an Undertale set...

I'm currently working on one. It's a few months away from being finished, but here's a sneak peek:

ReNixNkbQCCHQ8gQsspJr-ZZg4798l2XmDZfDdGnaH9h_gnJSdBKRNkLhMRmel6OVH5cKWa5ddu5eSzVDXf5ZJ3uRMW5BPM0-4pOW4NIuJIBgAUHURfZXBU_osmjAt_OUNdCNuBu

Hi all

Here is my recent submission to Lego Ideas: the iconic Boeing 747 Cockpit. 

bit.ly/747Cockpit 

50916301528_693fa5f3db_c.jpg50916989186_175cec6247_c.jpg

Yes it has a few stickers: between 18 and 25 depending how it is built. Functionality includes moving joysticks, controls and sliding seats. I've also created 2 additional options for the nose section which can be seen in vid here 

Hope you like and welcome your support.

On 2/7/2021 at 8:00 PM, CreeperBrix said:

I'm currently working on one. It's a few months away from being finished, but here's a sneak peek:

ReNixNkbQCCHQ8gQsspJr-ZZg4798l2XmDZfDdGnaH9h_gnJSdBKRNkLhMRmel6OVH5cKWa5ddu5eSzVDXf5ZJ3uRMW5BPM0-4pOW4NIuJIBgAUHURfZXBU_osmjAt_OUNdCNuBu

Good luck!  Not the biggest Undertale fan, but I always thought that Snowden was such a cozy and fun location with a lot of cool buildings and characters.  Undertale still has a huge fanbase and I could totally see this project reaching 10Kif you play your cards right.  Make sure to post here if you want any advice and definitely drop a link to the project on here when you're done!

16 hours ago, Oilzzz said:

Hi all

Here is my recent submission to Lego Ideas: the iconic Boeing 747 Cockpit. 

bit.ly/747Cockpit 

50916301528_693fa5f3db_c.jpg50916989186_175cec6247_c.jpg

This is such a clever concept for a set.  There are so many generic planes on LEGO IDEAS, this is such a breath of fresh air.  I'd imagine this must've been a nightmare to design with all those stickers, but I'd say they definitely payed off with the level of detail they provided.  Best of luck to you!

I think any project based on a real world vehicle (car, truck, airplane, train, boat, space vehicle, tram) or a real world building is going to have a hard time getting approved.

Too many of those projects don't have the broad global appeal (even among people who aren't fans of cars or planes or architecture or whatever) or are things LEGO themselves might be doing (e.g. all the cars from companies LEGO has a relationship with like Volkswagen Auto Group, Fiat Chrysler or whatever they are called these days, BMW, Ford or General Motors)

7 hours ago, jonwil said:

I think any project based on a real world vehicle (car, truck, airplane, train, boat, space vehicle, tram) or a real world building is going to have a hard time getting approved.

Too many of those projects don't have the broad global appeal (even among people who aren't fans of cars or planes or architecture or whatever) or are things LEGO themselves might be doing (e.g. all the cars from companies LEGO has a relationship with like Volkswagen Auto Group, Fiat Chrysler or whatever they are called these days, BMW, Ford or General Motors)

Yeah I’ve gotta agree with you there.  Those projects always have an easy enough time getting the votes and all, but they never seem to get through the review stage.  It even seems like Lego is hitting the breaks with NASA and space stuff for now.

There have been probably two-dozen larger scale real-world cars over the years, but only one has been approved.

Same goes for planes too (no offense @Oilzzz). There have been a consistent amount of planes for years, but Lego has shown zero interest.

I sort of get the impression that Lego wants to make these things on their own terms, sort of like how there’s never been a modular from Ideas or like how they keep denying Nintendo sets.

I think with a lot of these projects as well they don't have a wide enough audience.

The Southwest Airlines 737 for example might appeal to Southwest Airlines fans or avgeeks but not to the broader audience (how many people in Europe or Asia or elsewhere know what Southwest Airlines is or much about them?) Same with things like Concorde or DC-3.

The private space stuff (SpaceX/Blue Origin/etc), how many people who aren't space geeks would want one (NASA has a much broader appeal)

Many of the cars out that have come up (like the BMW M1, Cybertruck, Trabant, E-Type Jag, LandCruiser and others) don't have the wide appeal of cars LEGO have chosen like the Porsche 911, VW Beetle, Mustang, Bugatti Chiron and Mini. Even the Sian has wider appeal (lots of non-car-guys like Lamborghinis or at least slick looking sports cars)

15 hours ago, Portal Out said:

Good luck!  Not the biggest Undertale fan, but I always thought that Snowden was such a cozy and fun location with a lot of cool buildings and characters.  Undertale still has a huge fanbase and I could totally see this project reaching 10Kif you play your cards right.  Make sure to post here if you want any advice and definitely drop a link to the project on here when you're done!

This is such a clever concept for a set.  There are so many generic planes on LEGO IDEAS, this is such a breath of fresh air.  I'd imagine this must've been a nightmare to design with all those stickers, but I'd say they definitely payed off with the level of detail they provided.  Best of luck to you!

Thanks! Your support means so much to me!

I figured I might drop some of my existing projects here since this thread didn't exist when I first published them.

COWBOY BEBOP: THE SWORDFISH II COWBOY BEBOP: THE SWORDFISH II

Here's a link to my Cowboy Bebop project I made about a year back.  Never been much of an anime fan personally, but I went out on a limb and binged this show right at the beginning of quarantine (great show by the way; it totally reminds me of Guardians of the Galaxy). Right from the start I knew I had to make one of the ships in Lego, and it ended up being my first Ideas project!  In hindsight, I'm extremely surprised Lego would let a property like Cowboy Bebop on the site at all, but I think this was right before they started actually regulating things.  Regardless, I'm real happy with how this one turned out, and it brings back memories of stud.io renders and photoshop effects crashing my laptop during Zoom classes.

CRASH BANDICOOT: N. SANITY BEACHCRASH BANDICOOT: N. SANITY BEACH

Here's a link to my other current project, CRASH BANDICOOT: N. SANITY BEACH.  This just started as a random MOC to try out some new techniques, but it ended up turning into a whole project because I liked the look of it.  I remember working off of leaks from the newest game at the time, so most of the minifigures ended up looking pretty cursed as a result.  I'd definitely do many things very differently now (too much stacking, repetitious builds, etc.), but I guess that's all part of the learning curve.

Thanks for taking the time to check these out, and hopefully you'll consider supporting!  I'll possibly end up posting my next project here too once it gets approved.

Thanks everyone for the comments a few weeks back - understood the Ideas team have passed over a lot of good ideas and while they have accepted licensed content, agree it is another barrier to overcome. Some people say they won't do Boeing (cause of the osprey) but they forget Boeing is approved IP and they released a 787 set hehe. Though let me say it's not as easy to get votes - I'm well over 20K+ likes/comments on FB alone, but short of 2K actual votes. Never-the-less, I've had so many people say they want this so I won't give up. Still 23 months up my sleeve to get there lol (I'm not trying to race this thing)

While speaking of my project (Boeing 747 project), I have made updates! New colors and instrument panels based on the 747-400 variant.

If anyone would like to convert a like to a vote, you can here on the Ideas project page Many thanks!

50958857381_b4765e438c_c.jpg50958154148_e0c1418c28_c.jpg

1 minute ago, Oilzzz said:

Thanks everyone for the comments a few weeks back - understood the Ideas team have passed over a lot of good ideas and while they have accepted licensed content, agree it is another barrier to overcome. Some people say they won't do Boeing (cause of the osprey) but they forget Boeing is approved IP and they released a 787 set hehe. Though let me say it's not as easy to get votes - I'm well over 20K+ likes/comments on FB alone, but short of 2K actual votes. Never-the-less, I've had so many people say they want this so I won't give up. Still 23 months up my sleeve to get there lol (I'm not trying to race this thing)

At first glance I didn't realise those instrument panels were stickers/prints, and I almost had palpitations imagining the amount of parts you'd need to make a cockpit at a scale large enough to do that level of detailing with bricks!

I'd not come across your project previously. Aircraft aren't usually my bag, but I've had to give you my vote of support! The detailing is nice (if not quite as excessive in scale as I thought it was at first glance :pir-laugh:) and the concept of having a highly detailed cockpit - rather than a full plane with a token amount of detail in the cockpit (ie a printed slope) - is not one I've seen before. All the best on your 2,000 - though I suspect you'll have no trouble getting there in well under 23 months!

4 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

At first glance I didn't realise those instrument panels were stickers/prints, and I almost had palpitations imagining the amount of parts you'd need to make a cockpit at a scale large enough to do that level of detailing with bricks!

I'd not come across your project previously. Aircraft aren't usually my bag, but I've had to give you my vote of support! The detailing is nice (if not quite as excessive in scale as I thought it was at first glance :pir-laugh:) and the concept of having a highly detailed cockpit - rather than a full plane with a token amount of detail in the cockpit (ie a printed slope) - is not one I've seen before. All the best on your 2,000 - though I suspect you'll have no trouble getting there in well under 23 months!

Many thanks Alexandrina! :) Yes stickers... preference is printed parts - another barrier to overcome, but appreciate the support! ps hope your heart is feeling better - don't want to cause palpitations