Sign in to follow this  
Versteinert

[MOC] Aedelsten oldschool

Some days ago I posted one of my entries for the GWP contest on Lego ideas, the "Chevy Advance inspired vintage truck".
This car moc, the "Aedelsten deluxe", is one of my other two entries, again this time built in real bricks. Since the original colors of the digital contest entry (dark turquoise/white) aren't available, I changed them to white/medium azure.
Additionally I changed the attachment of the wheels and tried a new technique for white wall tires - of course with only original Lego.
As mentioned in my other post, the contest rules didn't allow third party IP. So this is no model of an existing 50s car, but of course it is inspired by some of them.

49317024491_b39181c1fe_c.jpgAedelsten oldschool by Versteinert, auf Flickr

49317024811_38a9e6761a_c.jpgAedelsten oldschool by Versteinert, auf Flickr

Lovely! Was just admiring this on the lego car blog. The colors are perfect for the theme.

Edited by Carbohydrates

16 hours ago, Carbohydrates said:

Lovely! Was just admiring this on the lego car blog. The colors are perfect for the theme. 

Thanks

I'm always up to functional elements (regarding doors) but it does look great! This color scheme works better in my opinion than the original one. Btw, those rims look nice with silver tiles on it,  could you share part number for rims?

Edited by adwind

5 hours ago, adwind said:

I'm always up to functional elements (regarding doors) but it does look great! This color scheme works better in my opinion than the original one. Btw, those rims look nice with silver tiles on it,  could you share part number for rims?

Thanks.

The rims are old train tires and actually should be the white wall part of the white wall tires ;)

52 minutes ago, NewTown said:

This is awesome! Are there building instructions somewhere?

I'm sorry, I didn't make any instructions for this moc.

At last I managed to also upload the pictures of the red Aedelsten.
Besides the main colors this version differs to the original design just by two parts: The tile on the hood and the bracket at the rear end (dark grey instead of red).
This version is a bit more simple then the white one since it features only regular wheels. At the other hand, this makes the car more stable, playable and it's much nearer to the original design that became grand prize winner on Lego Ideas.

49542861297_5ae52f89c2_c.jpgAedelsten Deluxe by Versteinert, auf Flickr

49542138828_a254ca09a9_c.jpgAedelsten Deluxe by Versteinert, auf Flickr

Brickset already has a picture of the set, though a rather pixelated one at the moment. Overall, it looks pretty similar to the original MOC, but the rocker panels are gone – probably, to simplify the build and make the price more reasonable. Also gone are the decorations – zip line handles, binoculars and swirls. But it's turquoise (including the wheelarches) and the signature surfboards are there, in other words – it still looks great and very 50s, so a perfect match for a Modular layout.