Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

The $80 set is a Battle Bus with ten minifigures apparently? That can’t possibly be correct, right? Sounds way too good to be true.

12 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

The $80 set is a Battle Bus with ten minifigures apparently? That can’t possibly be correct, right? Sounds way too good to be true.

It would be unlikely for any other theme, but skins/characters are central to Fortnite, so there is a chance. 

Will Johnny Thunder be in a Fortnite set? There was a rumour he was getting a skin in-game but it hasn't happened to the best of my knowledge (I don't play Fortnite) and with the new rumours that he will be making an appearance in some City-Jungle sets this year makes me think it could be a possibility.

On a side-note: I'm desperate for any new Johnny Thunder content from Lego.

13 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Could be, if they plan for a set to be a high volume seller, or partially / fully exclusive, prices can often be lower.

For example 80113: Family Reunion Celebration has 13 minifigs in a €100 set, and on top of that, 1800 pieces,, I know that set is $130 in US but that's probably has the much higher chinese population over there, LEGO knows they would sell enough at higher price, so sometimes it goes both ways (similarly, Monkie Kid has higher dollar price as well)

If this has core characters like Brite Bomber, Jonesy , Cuddle Bear , Fishstick etc, it would be highly desired, and there shouldn't be that much extra licensing cost needed as they already exist in digital LEGO minifig forms.

1 hour ago, Autumn said:

Will Johnny Thunder be in a Fortnite set? There was a rumour he was getting a skin in-game but it hasn't happened to the best of my knowledge (I don't play Fortnite) and with the new rumours that he will be making an appearance in some City-Jungle sets this year makes me think it could be a possibility.

There's a npc character named Sawyer but that's just the explorer CMF figure.

1x.webp

And a female npc character named Petra.

1x.webp

Known LEGO characters have not been available as playble skins, just as villager npcs, or enemies, since they would require a normal variant as well, and most playable skins do get LEGO minifig versions (unless license-locked like Optimus Prime, Witcher , Solid Snake, Peter Griffin ,Doom Guy etc) but they don't sell minifig skins seperate from regular skins, since Fortnite has game modes that use those skins.

That said, some licensed shop skins do get both normal and minifig skins, like recently Ninja Turtle , or Marvel Black Widow skins ( see item shop here https://fnbr.co/shop it shows minifig skins if they have them)

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, Autumn said:

Probably not since he is in the city sets.  The fortnite sets will probably have new characters.  

16 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Probably not since he is in the city sets.  The fortnite sets will probably have new characters.  

Yeah I think any minifigs in LEGO fornite sets would be the main group of characters, and then probably only Fortnite specific .

My guesses would be at least the common characters that have been part of fornite for a long time , and show up in-game as well  (altho some printing or special moulds would be quite complex, but animal crossing shows it can be done, but perhaps simplified for some more complex heads like burger, fishstick or tomato guy.

Cuddle-Bear-LEGO-Fortnite.jpgBrit-Bomber-Starter-Villager.jpgAura-LEGO-Fortnite.jpgLEGO-Fortnite-Peely.jpgBeef-Boss.jpgFishtick-LEGO-Fortnite.jpgSunflower.jpgTomatohead-LEGO-Fortnite.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

44 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

There's a npc character named Sawyer but that's just the explorer CMF figure.

1x.webp

Wha??? They're not fooling anyone! I know who that is!

18 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Yeah I think any minifigs in LEGO fornite sets would be the main group of characters, and then probably only Fortnite specific .

I agree- it'll be the "main cast" so to speak. Jonsey, another couple default skins, the fish guy, Peely, etc.

48 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Optimus Prime

Technically speaking, he's not license locked. Lego has a deal with hasbro- aside from Optimus in 2022, there's dungeons and dragons sets coming, and at least one more transformer.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Technically speaking, he's not license locked. Lego has a deal with hasbro- aside from Optimus in 2022, there's dungeons and dragons sets coming, and at least one more transformer.

Yeah but there's no minifig transformers at the moment, and perhaps would look a bit weird anyway at that scale, even if just digital + it's also a skin that was battle pass exclusive, so not attainable anymore so probably played a small factor as well.

Meanwhile, some other skins like even the recent Ninja Turtles, or Black Widow shop skins, get minifiig variants as they had minifig sets at one point in the past (altho skins can differ from physical figs), but then again, those are shop skins, optimus was not.

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Yeah but there's no minifig transformers at the moment, and perhaps would look a bit weird anyway at that scale, even if just digital + it's also a skin that was battle pass exclusive, so not attainable anymore so probably played a small factor as well.

I know- I just said that it's not the license that's preventing the figure.

We haven't heard much on the Zelda set lately but I wonder if it will share some new parts with D&D, I mean the hylian ears are pretty much a match for D&D elves or halfelves ( or LotR elves for that matter). I could see the CMF half-elf bard for example using BotW Zelda's hair recoloured to have ( well any colour cause it's not based on a set character but lets say) black hair and brown ears.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

We haven't heard much on the Zelda set lately but I wonder if it will share some new parts with D&D, I mean the hylian ears are pretty much a match for D&D elves or halfelves ( or LotR elves for that matter). I could see the CMF half-elf bard for example using BotW Zelda's hair recoloured to have ( well any colour cause it's not based on a set character but lets say) black hair and brown ears.

Or conversely, what if the D&D minifigs possibly point to more Zelda sets in the future? *fingers crossed* I mean how much difference is there, really, between an Aarakocra and a Rito?

@Agent Kallus and @Karalora, unfortunately, I believe cross-licensed theme new molds are pretty rare, and it's been speculated there's some sort of license difficulty with it. They have happened- Invincible Iron Man's helmet has gone on to be used all over the place- likely due to the iron-man specific details on that helmet being printed- but the more specific the mold, the less likely they're able to cross it over, even if the source material characters look similar.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

@Agent Kallus and @Karalora, unfortunately, I believe cross-licensed theme new molds are pretty rare, and it's been speculated there's some sort of license difficulty with it. They have happened- Invincible Iron Man's helmet has gone on to be used all over the place- likely due to the iron-man specific details on that helmet being printed- but the more specific the mold, the less likely they're able to cross it over, even if the source material characters look similar.

When you said Iron Mason’s helmet over place, it does show in DreamZzz theme as Cooper’s (recolored) helmet. I think Ant Man’s helemt did show up in new color for CMF Series 19. 

Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh Ideas set would be perfect for Easter bunny but Disney would say “no no” to recolor Rabbit’s head mold in white. 

14 minutes ago, Lion King said:

When you said Iron Mason’s helmet over place, it does show in DreamZzz theme as Cooper’s (recolored) helmet. I think Ant Man’s helemt did show up in new color for CMF Series 19. 

Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh Ideas set would be perfect for Easter bunny but Disney would say “no no” to recolor Rabbit’s head mold in white. 

I guess it depends on to what extent the shape of the licensed part is necessarily tied to the trademark(s) associated with the license. Rabbit's head shape is a distinctive part of his character design which is trademarked, but a roughly ovoid helmet is only "Iron Man's helmet" if colored red and gold in that distinctive way, and if that is achieved via printing then the overall shape can be reused.

7 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I guess it depends on to what extent the shape of the licensed part is necessarily tied to the trademark(s) associated with the license. Rabbit's head shape is a distinctive part of his character design which is trademarked, but a roughly ovoid helmet is only "Iron Man's helmet" if colored red and gold in that distinctive way, and if that is achieved via printing then the overall shape can be reused.

This.

Seems like they have big plans for LEGO Fortnite still, game can be a bit boring now as traveling is slow (on a random map, biomes can be far apart) and vehicles aren't easy to control with currently no proper steering wheel, but looks like a lot of additions are planned (probably for the next big 23.00 update as that goes together with the new Battle Royale Season in 2nd week of March)

I just think most of the game content updates will have to cooincide with the other game modes so they can't just patch constantly unless something is very broken for a hotfix patch, probably a smaller patch in about a week to update battle royale when the ninja turtle event ends, and then a big patch in 2 weeks 2 days when Rocket Racing and Battle Royale get new seasons.

Steering wheel and Ziplines alone will likely make traveling a lot better, and more reason to build things inbetween areas instead of fairly bugged custom sky monorails and such that can be somewhat buggy at the moment.

It certainly isn't Minecraft in terms of content (which also started out small, considering it's like 15 years old back in the "Cave Game" days) , the resource gathering feels a lot more like a Lite version of Valheim, with the different tiers of stone, metal and wood,  without the sailing or bosses imo, but I think this will be updated for quite some time.

Maybe eventually there will be teleports (rifts are part of fortnite for a long time), but I think just making vehicles steer, and zipline network would help short term a lot already, + traders, potion making, a lot more cooking and a lot more wildlife to populate the world, with different resources, and loot chests/llamas to find.

Hopefully the 3 village / 15 villager limit gets increased as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

Posted (edited)

Looks like LEGO & Epic found a new way to get money off LEGO Fortnite , now they will sell Virtual buildings and even Lion Knight's Castle to use in the game.

Kind of disappointing, but not too surprising as with the new Racing , Music modes, they sell Cars, Wheels, Music Tracks and Lady Gaga etc for those already. 

Lion Knight's Castle Bundle for example (2500 vbucks , so about a whopping €20-€25) , and it doesn't really look like the set, as LEGO fortnite content is at a vastly different scale from sets, even much larger then modular buildings most of the time.

fortnite-lion-knights-castle-bundle-1920

https://www.fortnite.com/news/lego-kits-and-styles-await-in-lego-fortnite-v29-00

That said, for now, there's a disclaimer, they won't sell gameplay content, so stuff like ziplines, steering wheel etc will be part of a free update later in month, and there already were free castle parts as well (green roofs, no banners/shields, so something unrelated to sets)

Content in LEGO Kits does not grant a gameplay advantage. Also, alongside LEGO Kits, we’ll continue to add free Builds, Building Parts, and Decor items to LEGO Fortnite over time!

I wonder if the style of those beach houses will look anything like the 3-in-1 beach house later this year (939 pieces) , but I don't expect it to be the same scale. 

fortnite-beachside-boulevard-bundle-1920x1080-e17c207e5b0b.jpg

Hopefully eventually they will add a way to save custom builds , or ability to build using smaller pieces, but probably won't see that until later.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

now they will sell Virtual buildings and even Lion Knight's Castle to use in the game

Well, I suppose that they wanted to montinize it somehow (especially beyond just skins), but this is really lame. Then again, I fell off of Lego Fortnite fairly quickly and this won't really affect me, so I can't complain too much.

I still find it bizarre that we still don't have any official word on real life sets, though...

Posted (edited)

I suppose with the battlepass having about 500 bonus vbucks each season, you can still get those LEGO sets for "free" after initial battle pass purchase once, but would take 5 seasons to get the castle bundle (which is like 1 year and 3-4 months :) , (and a lot of playing)

Then again, they already monetized the music mode (seperate music stage pass being sold  , instruments and music tracks being sold , with unlockable artist skins etc (lady gaga for this first one) , and then the race mode selling car stuff, it was only a matter of time that LEGO would show up in the store, beside the lego-fied versions of shop skins.

Edited by TeriXeri

NGL, Kinda nervous about how the Fortnite sets will turn out since the possibilities of not reaching enough sales might deter TLG from a second wave

42 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

We have rumors of a wave of physical sets, but nothing is set in stone yet

Ok great, but I could not remember if thre are set numbers for them.