Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

It would appear that Lego Ideas has cut off submissions for projects based on The Legend of Zelda due to “License Conflicts”.

This either means that there’s zero chance of getting Lego Zelda in the foreseeable future, or Lego has finally read the room and secured the license. Not to give anyone false hope, but the same thing happened about a year before the announcement of Mario, Horizon, and Transformers.

20 hours ago, Portal Out said:

It would appear that Lego Ideas has cut off submissions for projects based on The Legend of Zelda due to “License Conflicts”.

Interesting… Does this apply to other Nintendo properties too? Maybe all Nintendo franchises are blocked :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Interesting… Does this apply to other Nintendo properties too? Maybe all Nintendo franchises are blocked :shrug_oh_well:

Nope, Kirby and Metroid are still allowed.

I think this does mean something.

On 11/9/2022 at 1:23 PM, Portal Out said:

:oh:

Has anyone noticed that in 75972 Dorado Showdown, there is a sticker depicting a Lucio spray but we never got Lucio himself as a minifigure? It doesn't make much sense, does it?

On 11/11/2022 at 6:27 PM, PGBQW said:

Cant wait for Link's digital figure!

No, no, no. Digifigs are a thing of the past. Link will have a Cyberfig. It'll look like a digifig, but it's entirely digital and you can only see it by putting on an expensive pair of lego vr goggles.

54 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Has anyone noticed that in 75972 Dorado Showdown, there is a sticker depicting a Lucio spray but we never got Lucio himself as a minifigure? It doesn't make much sense, does it?

Apparently, one of the canceled sets, 76979, was called Battle for Rio. Given Lucio's origin of Brazil, I assume he would have been included in that set, which might still come out of Blizzard can pull themselves together and Lego decides to start making sets again. Provided those two things happen, it would be nice to get a Lucio, seeing as he is one of the few characters that really cannot be made using purist parts.

On that note, I messaged Lego a while back and asked about the status of their deliberations over Blizzard. They pretty much said the expected thing, but it caught my eye that the representative I spoke to stated that they would announce their decision publicly, meaning we probably will hear something about this again.

3 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Apparently, one of the canceled sets, 76979, was called Battle for Rio. Given Lucio's origin of Brazil, I assume he would have been included in that set, which might still come out of Blizzard can pull themselves together and Lego decides to start making sets again.

We can only hope, I want to get a Lucio figure aswell

On 11/9/2022 at 2:23 PM, Portal Out said:

This either means that there’s zero chance of getting Lego Zelda in the foreseeable future, or Lego has finally read the room and secured the license. Not to give anyone false hope, but the same thing happened about a year before the announcement of Mario, Horizon, and Transformers.

This would be a really weird way to tease a licensed theme, but the book (DVD case?) in this Friends set is suspicious. Friends has referenced the Elves theme before, but this doesn't seem to be. A blonde elf girl across from a male with blonde bangs and a blue shirt? Hm...

41740-1.jpg?202212020655

Maybe this means any Zelda sets will be mini-doll based. :poke:

But in seriousness, it seems that the Johnny Thunder poster in the Atari was supposed to be a hint at the return of Indiana Jones, so maybe Lego is willing to tease upcoming licenses in other sets. :shrug_oh_well:

On 12/2/2022 at 9:16 PM, SoupOrFishOil said:

But in seriousness, it seems that the Johnny Thunder poster in the Atari was supposed to be a hint at the return of Indiana Jones, so maybe Lego is willing to tease upcoming licenses in other sets. :shrug_oh_well:

Ok at this point lego has to be mocking us.The Mario line has been going on for what,3 years now?And yet there is still no sign of minifigs.And now they sneakily teasing Zelda which could result to nothing or something disappointing if it's tangible.

And as for the Johnny Thunder poster,I think it was just an easter egg and nothing else.I highly doubt that they were teasing indy back there.

1 hour ago, Pulp Detective said:

And as for the Johnny Thunder poster, I think it was just an easter egg and nothing else.I highly doubt that they were teasing indy back there.

Totally agree, I think Lego just loves hiding Adventures easter eggs in stuff. In the last few years alone we saw Johnny Thunder in a cmf, tons of references in the haunted house, that poster in the Atari set, some cameos in the various Lego movies, and two of the three ninjago city sets had Adventures easter eggs.

And if every easter egg teased an upcoming set, we'd have Metal Gear Solid by now.

On 12/2/2022 at 11:16 AM, SoupOrFishOil said:

Lol don't even joke about these things :roflmao:

2k polybag leaked, very interesting

I forget, do we have any set numbers/release dates for 'games' sets?

39 minutes ago, Surge said:

2k polybag leaked, very interesting

Wow, after all this time Lego Games ended up being real. I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if it just ends up being based on sports (especially soccer since we just got that foosball table), but it's a start!

39 minutes ago, Surge said:

I forget, do we have any set numbers/release dates for 'games' sets?

As for the set numbers, these are the ones from this time last year. It'll be interesting if they end up being used since they're sandwiched between a canceled wave and a one-off set from half a year ago.

Spoiler

76978 Overwatch 2 Orisa & Efi

76979 Overwatch 2 Battle for Rio

76980 Overwatch 2 Null Sector Omnic Titan

76981 Overwatch 2 Talon Dropship

76982 Overwatch 2 set

76983 Overwatch 2 set

76984 Unknown

76985 Unknown

76986 Unknown

76987 Unknown

76988 Unknown

76989 Horizon Zero Dawn Tallneck

I am skeptical of the leaked polybag; I checked, and 2K does not make any soccer-related games (they do for other sports, though), so I am not sure why LEGO would make a soccer shark costume as part of a license with them. 😕

I remember seeing leaks about Lego Games as a theme around this same time last year, and I was very hesitant. Lego fully embracing video game stuff has been the ever-elusive, since-age-5 dream, so I was preparing for it to be for the video games they themselves make. It seems that very slowly, the dream may be coming true.

METAL GEAR IS HAPPENING

On 12/5/2022 at 5:51 PM, Portal Out said:

Wow, after all this time Lego Games ended up being real.

Oooh! A twist!

I am wildly curious what this theme might entail, and I'm really hoping this isn't just a one-off promotional polybag.

8 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

I'm really hoping this isn't just a one-off promotional polybag.

That would be literally so funny yet so disappointing but I could totally see it happening

So I just saw on reddit that in February there were some rumours about a LEGO/2K Football(Soccer) game? Which would explain the polybag since 2K doesn't currently have any Football games.

Anyone here remember reading about that?

Edited by Alegrispa

18 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

So I just saw on reddit that in February there were some rumours about a LEGO/2K Football(Soccer) game? Which would explain the polybag since 2K doesn't currently have any Football games.

Anyone here remember reading about that?

This is the source; I am not sure how reputable it is, though. 

2 hours ago, TheRedBarron said:
  Hide contents

IMG_0637.jpg

Got these two in today. Going to wait and see what lego does regarding overwatch before I decide what to do with them 

Unless Microsoft can restructure Activision-Blizzard, LEGO may have to abandon the Overwatch license for a good reason.