Devastation of Charlatan Bay -Roadmonkeytj

Waiting in the wasteland -Keymonus

Those Damned Cannons -Keymonus

Restoring Order to Chaos -Roadmonkeytj

Relief Mission - Gedren_y 

The road towards peace - Keymonus

The town over the cliffs - Keymonus

The Battle for Lowtown - Keymonus

The Keegan treaty seemed like it had been only yesterday but in reality it had been almost two whole months since Keegans men had joined the ranks.  Lowtown had been taken back through many skirmishes.  The all that remained had been pushed back to a reinforced line on the road to the Fort.  

Gustaf's Men now grossly outnumbered Tristan's volunteers and uniforms were commissioned from one of the local skilled tailors.  This was done to necessitate a grand boost in moral and to create unity amongst the men as this civil war had been dragging on for the better part of a year now. 

Other changes could be noticed as well.  Over the past week a Platform had been constructed .... The last time a similar platform had been seen in the settlement had been directly following the Dark Bishops reign.  This platform was more intimidating though as a Large heavy blade was suspended over a stock.  The talk that surrounded its purpose was that heads would roll once the fort was recaptured.  It was also constructed in one of the open markets in the center of Lowtown.  This was a bold statement as the governmental seat was in Hightown.  

Gustaf made his presence known in Lowtown with regular patrols with drummer and color guard always in step.

Here you can see as Gustaf leads the a platoon past Arnesto the Smithy and the guillotine platform.  The markets are also well stocked once again since the supply ships are now fairly regular.  Fresh foods and even some preserved can be easily purchased from the Market Stalls.  Medicines can be purchased from The Gypsy Woman providing you let her read your Tarot.  Even Bru-HaHa is making its way to the settlement again.

All that was left was the final push to the Fort.

Surely supplies in the Fort were dwindeling as they had been cut off from thier supply ships as Gustaf had managed to beat the rebels to the Bells by sailing around the reach of San Millars' guns instead of the long jungle path through the gorge the rebels had tried. With the control of the Hidden Battery and Hells Bells the rebel smugglers lost many ships until they were snuffed out.

Platform1.lxfPlatform smithy.lxfPlatform road.lxf

Platform2.lxf

Platform.lxf

Comments and Criticisms welcomed!

Nice marketplace! I like the way you realized the stalls, with iconic minifigs and unique features. I also like the way you connected the build with the storyline, and the petite pièce of Oleander technology standing in the middle of the square. Nice uniforms too!

It's pleasing to see these rows of proud Oleanders, with their blue plumes.

Nice roof technique, and I share Keymonus' remark about the petite piece.

2 hours ago, Bodi said:

It's pleasing to see these rows of proud Oleanders, with their blue plumes.

Nice roof technique, and I share Keymonus' remark about the petite piece.

Those are actually SR militiamen but the blue is a nod to their training lol.

Thank you ... Ive seen it used somewhere before but can not remember where.  But it gives a fairly believable woven thatch look.

6 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Nice marketplace! I like the way you realized the stalls, with iconic minifigs and unique features. I also like the way you connected the build with the storyline, and the petite pièce of Oleander technology standing in the middle of the square. Nice uniforms too!

Thanks alot!

Absolutely fantastic build, @Roadmonkeytj! The citizens and their stalls look excellent. It's always great to see a build with such small details. I love that you spent plenty of time to make each of the civilian minifigures unique. The guillotine and the steel shop look wonderful and the way you did the green stained glass bottles looks very pleasing. Wonderful work! :pir_laugh2: :thumbup:

Very nice! I love all the little market stalls and the menagerie of civilians. Those troops are looking sharp too - almost like real soldiers and not pirates!  The hats as barrel lids is a nice touch too.

5 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Absolutely fantastic build, @Roadmonkeytj! The citizens and their stalls look excellent. It's always great to see a build with such small details. I love that you spent plenty of time to make each of the civilian minifigures unique. The guillotine and the steel shop look wonderful and the way you did the green stained glass bottles looks very pleasing. Wonderful work! :pir_laugh2: :thumbup:

Thank you . . . its all in the details they say.  Yes the figs took as long as the builds did lol.  Also the militia is the same faces for a reason ... Thats one thing they want is uniformity so I play it up when I do militarys lol

1 hour ago, The Sarge said:

Very nice! I love all the little market stalls and the menagerie of civilians. Those troops are looking sharp too - almost like real soldiers and not pirates!  The hats as barrel lids is a nice touch too.

Thank you ... I've used the designs in other builds but fleshed them out more here then before.  Those are actually parasol tops you can do this out of LDD.  Install a 2x2 round with axle hole inside the barrel bottom. Then the 2L axle. Then install the parasol into the axle!

Great market place scene, there is so much to discover - loving it! :thumbup:

I really like the whole storyline leading up to this, and it feels like we are close to the "season finale". Excellent work by everybody involved, and this one stands out in particular. :pir-classic:

Great ending to the story and good to see Charlatan Bay once again pulled back to order. The new uniforms look great.

On 9/30/2019 at 5:53 AM, Darnok said:

Great market place scene, there is so much to discover - loving it! :thumbup:

I really like the whole storyline leading up to this, and it feels like we are close to the "season finale". Excellent work by everybody involved, and this one stands out in particular. :pir-classic:

Thank you ... I cant take all the credit Keymonus played a huge part in the story ... I can honestly say it might not of happened without his involvement!

5 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Great ending to the story and good to see Charlatan Bay once again pulled back to order. The new uniforms look great.

Well dont walk away just yet ... The next chapter is still to unfold.