Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[SR - FB sep 18] Campanas de los Infiernos

At the desolate point of the coast just south east of the defiled city of Charlatan Bay, on a rocky cape plunging deep into the reefs surrounding the volcanic island, a fort was built.

First it was called infierno's end but after the first trials of the cannons from the fort, and the assounding reverberation of the blow against the cliffs, the name was changed into :

Campanas de los Infiernos... the Hell's Bells.

Later, the doctor Thaum, passing through for astronomical observation, had an observation tower at the west end of the fort odered to sharpen the accuracy of the battery artillery.

The south-east part of the fort is a 3 sided  cannon rampart (I don't find the correct english word for "banquette d'artillerie" ) a cover for the main path to Charlatan Bay.

27d8.png

syij.png

the tower :

u1yf.png

The west side of the fort, one rampart and 3 small bastions (2 next to the tower and 1 at the groove ) could catch enfilade fire for the entire coastline from the fort to the port.

pzs1.png

a large fort for Charlatan Bay

C&C welcome

mwarf :facepalm: !

Just noticed the two bricks missing at the top of two reinforcements (couldn't find the word in english for "aileron" in Sere de Riviere system brickwork )

my bad

A decidedly sweet microbuild, mate! :pir-sweet:  Lovely rock-work and very nice angles on the fort, and those cannon are a very clever design as well!  My only question is, why are two bricks missing from the top of the two reinforcements? :pir-grin: :pir_tong2:  Jk, I probably wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't mentioned it :pir-laugh:

12 hours ago, Garmadon said:

My only question is, why are two bricks missing from the top of the two reinforcements? :pir-grin: :pir_tong2:

Conflict between LDD and stud.io I think... the bluerender convertor advised me that there were two bricks misplaced so removed, but I didn't notice them until yesterday

Excellent microbuild! The attention to detail for the surroundings is impressive, but the fort itself is just awesome. Really well done! :thumbup:

On 9/21/2018 at 10:18 AM, Drunknok said:

Excellent microbuild! The attention to detail for the surroundings is impressive, but the fort itself is just awesome. Really well done! :thumbup:

On 9/21/2018 at 11:09 AM, Bodi said:

Nice fort! It took me a while to realize it's in fact a microbuild, well done.

Thanks comrades... I was off for a while sorry for the late answer