Itaria No Shintaku

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Dream Series Game.

ToaIruini uses an i/I rather than an L, I see that can be confusing because they look identical. Hopefully no problems now. 

On 8/15/2019 at 2:27 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

As for now I have 9 entries.
Apart from me, the voters are @Robert8 @Digger of Bricks @1Panda @K_Tiger @Lego-fire @DarrellBricker @lifeinplastic @Toalruini (which for some unknown reasons I can't tag).

16 days left.

While I do hope we have more contributors to this game, I suppose nine voters so far does amount to 288 individual CMF entries, which might offer just enough possible overlap to compile an amalgamated sixteen-figure Series? :def_shrug:

On 8/17/2019 at 6:08 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

While I do hope we have more contributors to this game, I suppose nine voters so far does amount to 288 individual CMF entries, which might offer just enough possible overlap to compile an amalgamated sixteen-figure Series? :def_shrug:

Actually, the 16 minifigures should be the most occurring in our lists.
I have as now 12 (possibly 13) minifigures that occur in more than one list, so this is already a good starting point. 
The remaining 4(3) , if nothing happens, will be something that may cross over two people's desires which are very similar (like, this is not the case, just as an example, a space explorer and a space patrol, or a rugby player and a football player... I'll work something out).

@Robert8 would you like to draw the dream series?

While some here may have a vaster idea in their head of what they'd like to see from future Series, I'd guess most only have in mind just a few particular archetypes they'd hope to see, not enough to fill two Series worth of wishes. So, I thought I might link a few CMF idea topics here to more easily inspire others to fill out entries of their own, as sometime you don't know what you want until you see it! :classic:

I just realized that not many of my ideas may appear on others’ lists, as the minifigures I want the most are unique and may never be made. 

Robert8 drawing the series would be absolutely amazing! Even if none of my figures appear in the dream series. 

11 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Actually, the 16 minifigures should be the most occurring in our lists.
I have as now 12 (possibly 13) minifigures that occur in more than one list, so this is already a good starting point. 
The remaining 4(3) , if nothing happens, will be something that may cross over two people's desires which are very similar (like, this is not the case, just as an example, a space explorer and a space patrol, or a rugby player and a football player... I'll work something out).

@Robert8 would you like to draw the dream series?

Hmm I cant promise anything. It depends on what this series turns out to be

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Hmm I cant promise anything. It depends on what this series turns out to be

Probably you already drew some of those ;)

So here we are.

Today I start with our dream series.

Please remember that we weren't a lot of partecipants so this is somewhat adjusted.

dream

Our series include:

• A phantom of the Opera
  • A Snowman
  • A Shepardess
  • An Evil Genie
  • A Grim Reaper
  • A Centaur
  • A Matador/Bullfighter
  • An Undead Warrior
  • A French Noblewoman/Queen
  • A Silent Movie Actor
  • An Aviatrix
  • A Violinist

The last 4 were tricky so I tried to figure out:

• An Orc/Ogre (One said Orc, one said Ogre, but they are quite similar)
  • An old West Gambler/Bandit (One said Gambler, one said Bandit, so I tried to mix)
  • A Zookeeper with a Baby Animal (You had different suggestions like a Baby Elephant, Baby Lion or Baby Lemure)
  • A Tuba (or Trombone also) Player (I had two different suggestions)

I tried to balance female and male characters when possible, and it would result in 8 males, 6 females and 2 neutral (Grim Reaper and Undead Warrior are just skeletons)

We have 5 fantasy characters (Centaur, Evil Genie, Undead Warrior, Ogre, Grim Reaper), 2 instrument players, 2 characters with an animal.
Surprisingly we have NO sports, NO costumed characters.

In the following days I will reveal your lists and also how many points you've made.

That would be a killer series. I'm a little surprised that a costumed figure isn't included, but more so that space didn't! I think I see at least one of Digger of Bricks' picks. :head_back:

8 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I think I see at least one of Digger of Bricks' picks. :head_back:

Heck yeah, AVIATRIX BABY!!! :thumbup: :grin:

15 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Surprisingly we have NO sports, NO costumed characters.

Heh, well I for one am not surprised, not surprised at all... :smug:

No mean to sound rude in any way, but is there a date set for releasing more info about this thread, like the winners and others’ lists? I really enjoyed this game and wondering why it’s dormant for so long. 

Thanks for compiling Itaria. 

I'm also surprised there are no space figures there, although I don't really know what still could be made for space that is different from what we already have. Surely it would just be different variations on aliens or a space hero/heroine? I don't mind this as the more variations within a theme is better but perhaps people are less likely to suggest something we have had before?

In addition, given the endless possibilities of costumes that could be created (e.g. all the different animals/foods/objects that exist), it would be unlikely that there would be too many overlapping costumed character wishes. I also don't think costumed figures are deemed by many to be essential. For example, people wearing costumes aren't an integral part of society so no real need to produce a figure dressed as 'XXXX'. For me, they are just quirky figures and I don't mind one or two each series. The CMF line should be about providing parts that wouldn't really be included in a regular themed set, like sports equipment or musical instruments for City, etc.

Most of my personal wishes were for more animal figures as the inclusion of the flamingo and penguin were parts I have wanted for a lifetime! Once again though, there are a lot of different possibilities of animals so perhaps not much overlap for a dream series. Personally, I'd love a series full of zookeepers each with a different new animal mould but variety is better as there is always something for everyone, as the 'Dream Series' above reflects.

51 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

I'm also surprised there are no space figures there, although I don't really know what still could be made for space that is different from what we already have. Surely it would just be different variations on aliens or a space hero/heroine? I don't mind this as the more variations within a theme is better but perhaps people are less likely to suggest something we have had before?

While most "Space" archetypes we've seen from previous Series are pretty derivative from one another, one particular exception to that rule I've felt is crucially needed for the theme is just a simple Starship Captain (ya know, Star Trek's Kirk or Picard), kind of a Sci-Fi staple when you think about it.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:19 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

While most "Space" archetypes we've seen from previous Series are pretty derivative from one another, one particular exception to that rule I've felt is crucially needed for the theme is just a simple Starship Captain (ya know, Star Trek's Kirk or Picard), kind of a Sci-Fi staple when you think about it.

Only that we've gotten a lot of Blacktron and clasic space figures (which I am NOT complaining about) and zero Ice Plant or M-Tron figures.

While the lack of space is depressing, over all it's a good series. Only one I have a little trouble with is the Matador. Despite being a meat eater myself, and a fan of cultural diversity, bull fighting is still essentially glory killing and not something I think Lego should involve themselves with.

18 hours ago, Gomek said:

Only that we've gotten a lot of Blacktron and clasic space figures (which I am NOT complaining about) and zero Ice Plant or M-Tron figures.

While the lack of space is depressing, over all it's a good series. Only one I have a little trouble with is the Matador. Despite being a meat eater myself, and a fan of cultural diversity, bull fighting is still essentially glory killing and not something I think Lego should involve themselves with.

About meat eating, we already had a butcher with a steak.

20 hours ago, Gomek said:

I always thought Series 12's Space Miner should've been M-Tron themed, even if that wasn't quite what that theme revolved around, as their "M" logo would've been simplistically interpreted as standing for Miner or Mining. :shrug_oh_well:

47 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I always thought Series 12's Space Miner should've been M-Tron themed, even if that wasn't quite what that theme revolved around, as their "M" logo would've been simplistically interpreted as standing for Miner or Mining. :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah, that might have been a missed opportunity.

It's a shame, it would so easy to republish that figure in the m-tron color scheme. I'd gladly buy a small set just for that figure.

On 10/2/2019 at 6:33 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Yes I will very shortly thanks for waiting.

Say, would sometime in December be ideal for publishing everybody's wishlists? Come then, both @Yooha and @Robert8 will be counting down the twenty-five days till Christmas with their CMF Advent Calendars. :shrug_oh_well:

I’d enjoy hearing everyone’s feedback on the 16 minifigures I would like to see the most. And also seeing everyone else’s.