Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Classic-Pirates.com Social Media Strategy - Which Social Platforms Do You Use?

Social Media Platforms  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which Social Media Platforms do you use?

• Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Pinterest
    • Tumblr
    • Flickr

In the past Classic-Pirates.com setup accounts/profiles for a Facebook Page, Twitter and YouTube Channel, as well as, an Email list and RSS Feed.

Plus we also stored images on Flickr and Photobucket.

But that was several years ago and since then platforms like Instagram and Pintrest have come into prominence.

So we'd like to know which social media platform(s) you use the most...

And if there is one missing from the poll, please suggest...

I use Instagram and FaceBook out of the two on there, mostly going to Instagram.

And while I wouldn't necessarily use DeviantArt for this situation, it could work for drawings/paintings of LEGO figures.

I don't use any social media other than forums for lego.

I do have pintrest account as sometimes there are links on pintrest but I mostly use it to head to the original site which is usually Flickr.  

I actually message people on Flickr about builds so technically that may count lol.

My LUG uses instagram and facebook aswell as our club website and we do get quite a few followers that way.

41 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Flickr about builds so technically that may count lol.

Flickr does count.  I notice the Classic-Pirates.com Flickr still has reasonable activity so I probably should add it to the list.

42 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

My LUG uses instagram and facebook aswell as our club website and we do get quite a few followers that way. 

What is your LUG's Instagram username?  Classic Pirates shall follow them!

Honestly, for social media, your best bet might be running several that are linked.

Also, I’m not sure how you’ve run it in the past, but I’d definitely suggest having a few people posting (tasking volunteers with ‘x’ posts per month). Social media really requires steady content (not too much to be annoying), but if it’s not regular people tend to stop checking.

5 hours ago, TomSkippy said:

Honestly, for social media, your best bet might be running several that are linked.

Yes, thank you, we're aware of the social media basics.

The topic is "which social media platforms do you use" not "provide advice on how to manage social media"

So if you could please inform us which social media platforms you use, that would be most helpful. :pir-classic:

On 7/24/2019 at 11:42 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Followed.

For me, its the usual suspects - FB and YT. But Im actually trying to cut down on both...

For me, It's more YT and Flickr.

I am not really fan of social media platforms like FB and tend to avoid using them.

I've always thought that the Flickr page was one the most useful social medias for Classic Pirate Mocs. It's nice to check in when you're low on time and want to spare the details, or just need quick inspiration.