MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 1/30/2020 at 1:26 PM, w219 said:

If the sets are based on prequel era and or TCW and according to the list of sets from Libraria Rayuela , i do not see any AT-TE or LAAT/I. No price seems to correspond, only one is close but too expensive compared to what we have seen.

What if they combine the two like the walker and drop ship set?

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Damn, Soulless One sounds so much better than Belbullab-22 :laugh_hard: And you're right, if this is P2 Cody it would be the first

Have to keep the general humble. :laugh_hard:

17 minutes ago, Captain_MKA said:

That would be strange, as in-universe the at-te can't be picket up by an laat/i, and lego doesn't usually do sets consisting of two large models.

Also, if you combine both then there's no set even close to how much that would cost.

18 hours ago, Captain_MKA said:

Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be the case.  @jdubbs I believe said in a prior comment, and please do correct me if I'm misquoting you or interpreted something incorrectly, but something along the lines of "The largest set in the wave isn't going to be $140, people would be really mad it if was that expensive."  I would guess that at best we get one gunship, but even then, I'm not sure if they could accurately do a gunship and price it between $100-130ish.  Maybe an AT-TE, as those could be done for like $90 as shown in the past?

Again, please correct me if I'm wrong because I don't want to spout information that isn't correct.

Edited by Kit Figsto
Ignore this, jdubbs clarified in a response blow

I seriously doubt that they'd do an AT-TE for any more than $100-$110 tops. The last one was $90 and was pretty much perfect, so any new AT-TE should be about the same size and price.

I think the large set contenders are between a Final Order Star Destroyer and an LAAT/i Gunship. And with the recent reveal of Grievous' starfighter, my money's on the gunship (with figures from Episode III). But we'll see.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

45 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be the case.  @jdubbs I believe said in a prior comment, and please do correct me if I'm misquoting you or interpreted something incorrectly, but something along the lines of "The largest set in the wave isn't going to be $140, people would be really mad it if was that expensive."  I would guess that at best we get one gunship, but even then, I'm not sure if they could accurately do a gunship and price it between $100-130ish.  Maybe an AT-TE, as those could be done for like $90 as shown in the past?

Again, please correct me if I'm wrong because I don't want to spout information that isn't correct.

Yeah, that's not actually what I was saying (don't sweat it; there has been a lot of confusion about this). I was saying that set #75286 (Grievous Starship) was not $140, which someone had listed as the price for that set number.  (I think the poster thought 75286 was the largest set in the wave, which is incorrect... 75288 is actually the big one). I said that people would go ballistic if 75286 were priced that high, considering the previous version of that set cost $50.

US pricing is a guessing game at this point. All we can do is extrapolate prices from EU/CAD pricing (which often varies quite a bit) and the preliminary prices showing up in Target/Walmart/etc. computers (which do not agree with each other at all right now.) Grievous Starship consistently appears to be the second most expensive set in the wave (also has the second largest box, second highest set number, etc.), though 75284 is very close to it in EU pricing, box size, etc. 75288 (the big one) is over $100. I would guess around $140-150.

Bear in mind that most any set that is a reissue/remake is going to be 10% more than the previous version (parts count being equal) and another 10% more if the parts count goes up significantly, which happens a lot when you redo an older set. This is just a fact of life these days... see the most recent X-Wing, Falcon, etc. 

According to the Spanish retailer that has the prices (I compared them to other prices on that website, they are inflated), 75288 is around 140€.

8 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

So just to clarify fully- The Grievous starfighter is 75286 and is the second largest of the summer wave? 

That's right. It's 80€. The biggest one is 75288.

4 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I seriously doubt that they'd do an AT-TE for any more than $100-$110 tops. The last one was $90 and was pretty much perfect, so any new AT-TE should be about the same size and price.

The last AT-TE was $120/130 euro

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

According to the Spanish retailer that has the prices (I compared them to other prices on that website, they are inflated), 75288 is around 140€.

That's right. It's 80€. The biggest one is 75288.

Some prices seems to be lower than normal prices for small sets when prices seems to be higher for big sets.
And for now, we do not know what is the reference of the Belbulab 22.
For Lego star wars tbd-ip-24-2020, i think it's price is closer to 149,99 euros. And i would not be surprised if it is a Venator cruiser.

Edited by w219

1 hour ago, w219 said:

Some prices seems to be lower than normal prices for small sets when prices seems to be higher for big sets.
For Lego star wars tbd-ip-24-2020, i think it's price is closer to 149,99 euros. And i would not be surprised if it is a Venator cruiser.

Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope.

I do not see in the list of sets, two expensive sets that could correspond to AT-TE and LAAT/I.
Some says the list is mostly prequel era, if this is true, then i do not think the most expensive set of the list is a LAAT/I.
I would be surprised to see a wave with a LAAT/I but no AT-TE. And we might get a UCS LAAT/I, this is why i think ip 24 will be a Venator cruiser.

I do not have other ideas for ip 24.
Apart from a Venator, i do not see what can be this probably big set.

Edited by w219

Last year lego remade 2 sets from 2014 wave:droid gunship and its counter part at-ap,so that 140   set can also be clone turbo tank as a counter part for general grievous starfighter like in 2010(i remember the commercial vividly),if we are judging by utapau scene its at-te cause there were 2 big vehicles present and it was gunship and at-te and i doubt they would made gunship and then also put it in ucs vote.

Just now, PreVizsla said:

Last year lego remade 2 sets from 2014 wave:droid gunship and its counter part at-ap,so that 140   set can also be clone turbo tank as a counter part for general grievous starfighter like in 2010(i remember the commercial vividly),if we are judging by utapau scene its at-te cause there were 2 big vehicles present and it was gunship and at-te and i doubt they would made gunship and then also put it in ucs vote.

Most people are assuming it will be one of the two, which I think is wishful thinking. For all we know this could be a TROS set, and even if it is prequel there are lots of other large vehicles or locations that it could be. I'm not saying it won't be either (though out of the two the gunship is more realistic in terms of pricing I think), but we can't assume it'll be one of them.

10 minutes ago, w219 said:

I do not have other ideas for ip 24.
Apart from a Venator, i do not see what can be this probably big set.

I was also thinking it might be a Venator. The pricing lines up pretty well to ships at that scale. It’s possible it’s a ROS Star destroyer, but I doubt it. I guess we’ll see. 

13 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

There was both UCS y-wing and system y-wing for sale during a time.

Is the new leak for general grievous starfighter coming in the April wave or the “summer” wave? And also, many people have the summer wave listed after the September wave so I’m going to assume that the wave is coming out after summer.

7 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Is the new leak for general grievous starfighter coming in the April wave or the “summer” wave? And also, many people have the summer wave listed after the September wave so I’m going to assume that the wave is coming out after summer.

It is part of the “summer” wave, which in the last three years has come out between August 1 and October 1. 

(“Summer” typically refers to June 21 - September 21, at least in the US.)

2 hours ago, w219 said:

I made some really precise and detailed calculations comparing the prices of the new sets on the retailer website to other sets on that same website.

75286 STAR WARS TBD-IP-22-2020 (100€) is ~80€. Similar to 71712 (99€ is 80€), 70670 (98€ is 80€) and 76126 (100€ is 80€).

75288 STAR WARS TBD-IP-24-2020 (174€) is ~140€. Similar to 42096 (183€ is 150€), this one is 10€ more, so this one will be 10€ less (this one was hard to compare tbh).

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The $120 is a US price, for Rex's AT-TE to be exact

Nice try but no. You might be thinking of the LAAT, which actually was $119.99.

7675 AT-TE (TCW with Rex): 89.99

75019 AT-TE (2013 version): 89.99

4482 AT-TE (2003 version): 70.00

(sourced from brickset)

I repeat, there is absolutely no chance they'll charge more than $100 US for a new AT-TE. I don't think they'll give us another Turbo Tank, since it was last seen in  2016. If they do another match-up set duo, it'll probably be an AT-TE, since it was the only ground vehicle on Utapau. Or a Venator, since they last matched that with the Hyena Droid Bomber.

Since I did the AT-TEs, I figured I'd source US prices for the previous gunships:

7163 Gunship (2002 version): 90.00 (sold a year apart from the AT-TE)

75021 Gunship (2013 version): 119.99

7676 Gunship (TCW with Cody): 119.99

And for fun, the Venator was 119.99 and the last three turbo tanks were $90 (7261), $119.99 (8098), and $109.99 (75151)

All prices are in usd and come from brickset.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

Nice try but no.

7675 AT-TE (TCW with Rex): 89.99

75019 AT-TE (2013 version): 89.99

4482 AT-TE (2003 version): 70.00

(sourced from brickset)

I repeat, there is absolutely no chance they'll charge more than $100 US for a new AT-TE. I don't think they'll give us another Turbo Tank, since it was last seen in  2016. If they do another match-up set duo, it'll probably be an AT-TE, since it was the only ground vehicle on Utapau. Or a Venator, since they last matched that with the Hyena Droid Bomber.

Since I did the AT-TEs, I figured I'd source US prices for the previous gunships:

7163 Gunship (2002 version): 90.00 (sold a year apart from the AT-TE)

75021 Gunship (2013 version): 119.99

7676 Gunship (TCW with Cody): 119.99

And for fun, the Venator was 119.99 and the last three turbo tanks were $90 (7261), $119.99 (8098), and $109.99 (75151)

All prices are in usd and come from brickset.

Nice try but yes.

https://brickset.com/sets/75157-1/Captain-Rex-s-AT-TE

Doing proper research is hard......

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Slightly modified or not it's still an AT-TE

Yeah I'll have to agree with you. Besides it's not like Lego would shy away from making star wars sets way too expensive. They never have in the past. For sets like an AT-TE nowadays you'll definitely be paying over 100. Although I'm going probably way of topic so I'll leave it at that.