MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There have already been some leaked names for 5 members of the Knights of Ren:

- The Heavy

- The Armory (the one with the helmet from Kylo's shuttle)

- The Rogue (checkerboard)

- The Sniper (I believe he's the one we've seen only the head from)

- The Mask (the hooded one from Kylo's shuttle

I think those were just the code names (or temporary names) they were given during the design process of TFA :classic:

59 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There have already been some leaked names for 5 members of the Knights of Ren:

- The Heavy

- The Armory (the one with the helmet from Kylo's shuttle)

- The Rogue (checkerboard)

- The Sniper (I believe he's the one we've seen only the head from)

- The Mask (the hooded one from Kylo's shuttle

As @Lego-Freak said, these were just the code/design names and probably not their actual names, which we will probably never get.

Unless Pablo accepts butterknife ren and checkerboard ren as the true names of these characters.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Unless Pablo accepts butterknife ren and checkerboard ren as the true names of these characters.

I hope he does, along with Blinker Ren, MegaMan Ren, Ringwraith Ren and ...Bob. :snicker:

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I hope he does, along with Blinker Ren, MegaMan Ren, Ringwraith Ren and ...Bob. :snicker:

Haha... and bob

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

There is only one true Bob in Star Wars:

Spoiler

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor jedi bob

Of the leaks so far only the TIE Dagger and Mustafar duel really draws my interest. I think it's safe to assume we'll end up getting the TIE Whisper too which I'd have to have as well. I do hope we also get the Razor Crest. I was disappointed we did not get a set based on Jedi Fallen Order but I suppose there's always a chance next year, however slim.

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Darn, I was going to say Bob. 

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There is only one true Bob in Star Wars:

Reveal hidden contents

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor jedi bob

Our lord and savior. Hero of the clone wars. Bane of the sith. Clearly the next 7 confirmed films will be known as the Bob saga.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Of the leaks so far only the TIE Dagger and Mustafar duel really draws my interest. I think it's safe to assume we'll end up getting the TIE Whisper too which I'd have to have as well. I do hope we also get the Razor Crest. I was disappointed we did not get a set based on Jedi Fallen Order but I suppose there's always a chance next year, however slim.

To a certain extent this echoes my sentiments. Especially since the fallen order games have a much larger merch push than the battlefront games did, I was expecting something like a $30 location set with Cal, second sister, and a purge trooper. I wouldn't worry about the razorcrest though, I've got a feeling we'll be seeing it sooner or later.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Darn, I was going to say Bob. 

Our lord and savior. Hero of the clone wars. Bane of the sith. Clearly the next 7 confirmed films will be known as the Bob saga.

To a certain extent this echoes my sentiments. Especially since the fallen order games have a much larger merch push than the battlefront games did, I was expecting something like a $30 location set with Cal, second sister, and a purge trooper. I wouldn't worry about the razorcrest though, I've got a feeling we'll be seeing it sooner or later.

At the very least I'd want to see a small set with Cal, BD-1 and the Second Sister. Best case scenario we get the Stinger Mantis with the characters I just mentioned plus Cere, Greez, and a Purge Trooper. I'd also ideally want to throw in Saw Gerrera but that might just be greedy lol.

7 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I can only see 3 things happening:

- A polybag with Cal and BD-1

- A battlepack with the main characters

- The main ship with the main crew, second sister and purgetrooper (though I think this is unlikely, they could've easily given us the Corvus for BFII but didn't)

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

- The main ship with the main crew, second sister and purgetrooper (though I think this is unlikely, they could've easily given us the Corvus for BFII but didn't)

Corvus would've been cool...

14 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

At the very least I'd want to see a small set with Cal, BD-1 and the Second Sister. Best case scenario we get the Stinger Mantis with the characters I just mentioned plus Cere, Greez, and a Purge Trooper. I'd also ideally want to throw in Saw Gerrera but that might just be greedy lol.

We'd never get even Cere and Greez. At this point your "at the very least" is my "best case scenario"

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Options 1 and 2 are the most likely here, though I think a $20-30 location set makes more sense than a battlepack as we rarely get one with opposing sides in the same pack.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

We'd never get even Cere and Greez. At this point your "at the very least" is my "best case scenario"

Options 1 and 2 are the most likely here, though I think a $20-30 location set makes more sense than a battlepack as we rarely get one with opposing sides in the same pack.

Cal, Cere, Greez and BD-1 could be a battlepack (lego doesn't shy away from counting tiny droids as figures)

58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Cal, Cere, Greez and BD-1 could be a battlepack (lego doesn't shy away from counting tiny droids as figures)

They wouldn't make a fallen order set without second sister, especially one requiring new molds (greez's head and assumably bd-1). If there was a set, the main villian and purge trooper are more likely than Cal's friends.

23 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

From the leaked style guide images I saw, the TIE Whisper is not Kylo Ren's new fighter, that one was unnamed. The TIE Whisper seems to be a red FO TIE with the same cockpit design as Kylo's new Silencer-esque fighter.

Just now, JekPorkchops said:

From the leaked style guide images I saw, the TIE Whisper is not Kylo Ren's new fighter, that one was unnamed. The TIE Whisper seems to be a red FO TIE with the same cockpit design as Kylo's new Silencer-esque fighter.

The Tie Whisper is Kylo’s new ship, there is a Funko POP of Kylo in it.

2 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

The whisper is confirmed from merchandise to be kylo's ship. We also have at least 1 more tie, the dagger. I'm not sure what this red one with a silencer cockpit is, but it's not the whisper or dagger.

We do have conflicting information concerning the TIE Whisper. As @Hulk_Smash and @Mandalorianknight point out, the Funko Pop toy calls Kylo’s interceptor-style ride a TIE Whisper, while a style guide gives that name to a TIE with the same cockpit but regular wings, just as @JekPorkchops states.

Personally, I think they may both be true, it’s just that Funko hasn’t put the full name on the packaging. So maybe the regularly-winged TIE is the TIE Whisper and Kylo’s ride is the TIE Whisper Interceptor? They have to have SOME connection since they definitely share the type of cockpit :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

14 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Personally, I think they may both be true, it’s just that Funko hasn’t put the full name on the packaging. So maybe the regularly-winged TIE is the TIE Whisper and Kylo’s ride is the TIE Whisper Interceptor? They have to have SOME connection since they definitely share the type of cockpit :sweet:

Yeah this is what I mean. I think it was confusing of me to say that the cockpit of the 'regular' TIE Whisper looks like the Silencer, I mean it looks like the cockpit of Kylo Ren's new Ep IX 'Silencer' which could indeed also be called some sort of TIE Whisper. Also I was unaware of the merch also calling Kylo's new ship a Whisper.

Edited by JekPorkchops

If we’re lucky, 2020 set pictures might be upon us rather soon since the first 2020 Speed Champions picture has been leaked (unless it’s an official reveal I’m unaware of). SW and SC are usually both late December/early January releases, right? :laugh:

Edit: scratch that, it was an official reveal :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Lego-Freak

55 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

If we’re lucky, 2020 set pictures might be upon us rather soon since the first 2020 Speed Champions picture has been leaked (unless it’s an official reveal I’m unaware of). SW and SC are usually both late December/early January releases, right? :laugh:

Edit: scratch that, it was an official reveal :hmpf_bad:

Leaks of parts and figures can come any day, but leaks of full sets seems unlikely for atleast another 1 1/2 month

20 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Leaks of parts and figures can come any day, but leaks of full sets seems unlikely for atleast another 1 1/2 month

Usually around thanksgiving, correct?

18 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Usually around thanksgiving, correct?

Exactly :sweet: Grainy, blurred catalogue pictures have usually leaked in September, but they aren’t as reliable anymore as they used to be :shrug_confused:

45 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I know, which is why I got excited at first because it would have been way earlier than usual :grin:

Hey everyone! I’m new to this forum (usually frequent the Harry Potter discussion) so I was wondering what the rumored sets for 2020 are? And if we’re expecting to get more sets from the mandalorian. 

Id love to see the mandalorians ship as a set!

thanks!

Just now, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

Hey everyone! I’m new to this forum (usually frequent the Harry Potter discussion) so I was wondering what the rumored sets for 2020 are? And if we’re expecting to get more sets from the mandalorian. 

Id love to see the mandalorians ship as a set!

thanks!

I'll put it in a spoiler tag as other people probably don't need to see this. But it's only the names, you can find the setnumbers and prices pretty easily 

Spoiler

- First Order battlepack

- Mandalorian Battlepack

- 4+ snowspeeder

- Bantha vs skyhopper microfighter

- Kylo Ren's shuttle microfighter

- Y-Wing microfighter

- Anakin vs Obi-Wan 

- TIE Dagger

- Resistance X-Wing

- Stormtrooper helmet

- Boba Fett helmet