Sign in to follow this  
Servertijd

[MOC] Old Ruins of Oxenfurt

Hi all!

I'm back after a few weeks off ..Well kinda..My wife and I have a freshy new born young little girl, so life has been busy these past few weeks!

This build is also for the Summer Joust 2019

It's based on abandoned parts of the farms and city of Oxenfurt when it got terrorised by a decease.

48107554322_b757baaf9b_b.jpgOld ruins of Oxenfurt main by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

48107554917_2d0b11e79a_b.jpgOld ruins of oxenfurt Right by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

48107555497_8f99df2ebb_b.jpgDetail 2 by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

hope you folks like it!

Nice colourscheme and ”run down” look. Great job :excited:  And congrats by the way! 

Congrats to the new family member! Is it your first?

The moc is just lovely! It really has a run down look to it! Nice to see some interior as well, like the chimney. 

Congrats on the new baby!

The build is lovely.  I like the ruined buildings, they look like they would've been some nice dwellings.  I like the base and the landscaping.  The fence line is nice with the vegetation around it.  I like the stonework at the bottom of the buildings and the tile stone walkway.  The vegetation sprouting up on the buildings is a nice touch and gives you a feel of how long ago this happened.  Nice job. 

Holy cow!  I'm amazed you have time to build with a little one around the house, but good for you!  This is a great build.  Your builds do such a great job of using all the available space, left to right, and top to bottom.  The split levels between the first and second stories, with the trees reaching above are great.  One of my favorite details is the tree that has grown out of the inside of the ruined house.  That gives me a sense of how long the houses have been ruined--long enough for a volunteer tree to grow through the ruins.  The olive green parts on the statue and ground matching the olive green vines growing on the sides of the houses also lend themselves to implying some mold or moss growing on old stone.  There's a lot of great detail here that I love.  I also like how you're weaving this into your initial story of a disease having come through and wiped out a large amount of the local populace at one point.  Beautiful build!  I will keep my eyes open for more!

I like this so much, ruins are always great, but here you really nailed the ruined tudor parts! Love the tree, and all the texture and details in the buildings! 

Superb ruins. The balance between crumbled and mostly intact walls is very well done, and the foliage taking over is also top-notch :thumbup:
I like how wide format you went with the build layout, and it's great seeing dark brown and olive grass used together.

Huge congratulations on your daughter!

Very nice build with lots of details, clever colouring, and great textures. My most favourite part is the slim tree.