Can anyone help me? I did everything from the 1st update post - it seems ok, but when I download the latest rar file with parts (approx. 263MB) I can't unrar it. I keep getting the message: the archive is damaged or has the wrong format. I tried downloading older versions of the file and still the same.

Edit: i duuno why, but winrar can't unrar it, but i downloaded 7zip and it does it correctly, so i copied all the files and it working!

Edited by nervousman

@Stephan Part 63864 and Part 2431 missing collision. This in the image should not be possible as the clip is too tall to fit under the plate.

iqNpirK.png

It looks like when the UV Mapping of Part 85984 Roof Tile 1×2×2/3, Abs was recently updated in the latest LDD Update, the Official PNG Image of Decoration 73784 was not adjusted accordingly, being still a 1:2 Image this Decoration is now displayed incorrectly in LDD so it should be modified for the next LDD Update.

Hi, I know that this is not strictly about custom parts but... does anyone know if its possible to change the controls like for example the movements keys? Changing them from the default arrow keys to  A W S D like in Stud.io. I Know that there is not such option in the preferences tab but maybe in the code somewhere in the LDD Folder??

On 3/5/2024 at 9:27 AM, CorvusA said:

Hi, I know that this is not strictly about custom parts but... does anyone know if its possible to change the controls like for example the movements keys? Changing them from the default arrow keys to  A W S D like in Stud.io. I Know that there is not such option in the preferences tab but maybe in the code somewhere in the LDD Folder??

Hello: actualy, you can use the A, W, S and D keys. What you need to do (as you say) is:

1. go to your LDD instalation folder and find Assets\Scripts\EditMode folder.
  2. in there, open the MenuLayout.xml file: find </MenuItem>
  3. when you reach that line, find <MenuItem locText="DELETEBRICK" key="D" command=".LDD.commands.editMode.deleteTool"/> and change the letter D to any unused letter.

That's all.

2 hours ago, Kuramapika1 said:

Hello: actualy, you can use the A, W, S and D keys. What you need to do (as you say) is:

1. go to your LDD instalation folder and find Assets\Scripts\EditMode folder.
  2. in there, open the MenuLayout.xml file: find </MenuItem>
  3. when you reach that line, find <MenuItem locText="DELETEBRICK" key="D" command=".LDD.commands.editMode.deleteTool"/> and change the letter D to any unused letter.

That's all.

You mean the file Assets.lif?? Im trying to open it with LIFExtractor like with the parts files but doesn't work.

2 hours ago, CorvusA said:

You mean the file Assets.lif?? Im trying to open it with LIFExtractor like with the parts files but doesn't work.

Yes, that file. Unfortunately I am unable to solve the problem with LIFExtractor.

On 3/17/2024 at 7:44 PM, Kuramapika1 said:

Yes, that file. Unfortunately I am unable to solve the problem with LIFExtractor.

Dman, there is not any other way to access to that file??

Btw, how could I solve the misaligned pieces issue when I import a LDD file in Stud.io?? Since a couple of years, some of the latest molds give me that problem.

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2024 at 3:42 PM, CorvusA said:

Dman, there is not any other way to access to that file??

Btw, how could I solve the misaligned pieces issue when I import a LDD file in Stud.io?? Since a couple of years, some of the latest molds give me that problem.

Are you trying open the .lif in the roaming folder or the one I mentioned before?

Problem of import: I think it's something to do with the ldraw.xml file.

Edited by Kuramapika1

On 11/12/2023 at 1:38 AM, Yangster said:

Part 2656 have 2 collision issues.

1. They can't be placed back to back

2. Can't insert drawers into them

y7e9xA6.png  fy9lHuT.png

This collision issue still exists

AlzfFEJ.png

Hi @Stephan these above not fixed.

and found a new one.
65734 collision issue

ld1o4wF.png

On 3/25/2024 at 2:29 PM, Kuramapika1 said:

Are you trying open the .lif in the roaming folder or the one I mentioned before?

Problem of import: I think it's something to do with the ldraw.xml file.

I'm trying the Assets.lif file from the installation folder. In the roaming folder there is no Assets file, only the "db" "palette".

Is strange because the LIFextractor should open that, but no.

3 hours ago, CorvusA said:

I'm trying the Assets.lif file from the installation folder. In the roaming folder there is no Assets file, only the "db" "palette".

Is strange because the LIFextractor should open that, but no.

So, my (drastic) solution is: save all your parts (as backup) and reinstall LDD. Then try to extract the .lif file.

On 4/20/2022 at 3:13 PM, jester said:

Hey guys! I'm back with some new parts and decorations for you

VDb5QyG.png

Hey guys.  Are these parts actually available anywhere?  Some of them I have, but others like all the headgear for the Knights of Ren and Grogu's head don't seem to be in the Github repository.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Mobieus69 said:

Hey guys.  Are these parts actually available anywhere?  Some of them I have, but others like all the headgear for the Knights of Ren and Grogu's head don't seem to be in the Github repository.

Come to think of it, I can't find most of @jester's updated helmets.

Edited by Mobieus69

Heey, Im trying to download LDD with the extra parts on my work pc, but does your LDD need to have connection to internet to have the new parts avaliable? or can you also use new parts in offline mode? Maybe I'm doing wrong something myself, but I can't seem to get the new parts in my LDD and at home, it always worked fine.

On 4/9/2024 at 7:24 PM, OwnGaming said:

Heey, Im trying to download LDD with the extra parts on my work pc, but does your LDD need to have connection to internet to have the new parts avaliable? or can you also use new parts in offline mode? Maybe I'm doing wrong something myself, but I can't seem to get the new parts in my LDD and at home, it always worked fine.

Nope LDD used to have an online mode years ago when you could order your projects online but that has long been discontinued, just install LDD and the latest updates in the correct locations on your PC and you should be able to use LDD whether you are connected to the Internet or not.

Is there an updated way to add new parts to my LDD? I used to be able to follow the video below but there doesn't seem to be a "db.lif" file anywhere, anymore. image.png.d1405950d467745042adc01377fb7334.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plCmX3daJa0&list=WL&index=3&t=42s

3 hours ago, Stephan said:

Custom LDD update 240504 has been released for Patrons!

Find more information here on Eurobricks, or on the CustomLDDUpdates.com dedicated blog post.

The update contains: 49 new parts, 49 new colors, 9 updated original parts, 10 updated custom parts, and 106 pre-colored/pre-decorated parts including 2 complete sets of stickers.

Noticed you reposted the previous updates text instead of the new one.

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Noticed you reposted the previous updates text instead of the new one.

Where?

On 4/12/2024 at 4:19 PM, Stephan said:

Find more information here on Eurobricks, or on the CustomLDDUpdates.com dedicated blog post.

The update contains: 49 new parts, 49 new colors, 9 updated original parts, 10 updated custom parts, and 106 pre-colored/pre-decorated parts including 2 complete sets of stickers.

Thank you so much for supporting LDD! But there are no new details with this update. The program itself is working, but searching for numbers by details inside the program and in the "primitives" folder did not give anything. I did not make any changes to the installation sequence, I just threw folders from the archive to the right place.

17 hours ago, SovetskiyMedved said:

Thank you so much for supporting LDD! But there are no new details with this update. The program itself is working, but searching for numbers by details inside the program and in the "primitives" folder did not give anything. I did not make any changes to the installation sequence, I just threw folders from the archive to the right place.

Did you download the update from Patreon or the linked files where it was stated that the file is not yet available?

Patrons have early access and there the update is available. The public release is 4th of May 2024.

On 4/12/2024 at 9:19 PM, Stephan said:

Thanks for another LDD Update will definitely check it out on Star Wars Day. Just wondering if Decoration 73784 will be updated this time as I did not find mentions of this one, it is still a 1:2 Image under the old format and needs to be adjusted according to the updated UV Mapping of Part 85984 Roof Tile 1×2×2/3, Abs. P.S., do revisit Page 106 of this topic and there are several more Bricks errors worth looking at (27925, 63864 and 2431, 65734), thanks.