7 hours ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

The Dropbox link for 200522v2 goes to a 404 Page Not Found error.

Fixed.

Download was successful from GitHub but part 30571

Fixed.

Additionally, parts 48165 Wedge 3x3 Sloped Right and 42862 Wedge 3x3 Sloped Left have a boundary problem

Jester will look into that.

3 hours ago, Stephan said:

Jester will look into that.

Fixed and re-upload only xml files

Also corrected and re-uploaded 30010 (xml) - there were connection problem - fixed

Edited by jester

1 hour ago, jester said:

Fixed and re-upload only xml files

Also corrected and re-uploaded 30010 (xml) - there were connection problem - fixed

Will add them in 200525v1.

5 hours ago, Stephan said:

Will add them in 200525v1.

@jester

@Stephan

I just wanted to say that this initiative really made my day. I feel like Christmas and birthday happening at the same time !

1 hour ago, M2m said:

@jester

@Stephan

I just wanted to say that this initiative really made my day. I feel like Christmas and birthday happening at the same time !

Merry Christmas and a happy birthday then :grin:

I've been gone from Eurobricks since the Christmas holidays and I have to say I'm very impressed with what y'all have been able to do with LDD! 

6 hours ago, M2m said:

@jester

@Stephan

I fill like a Santa)

35660 - LEGO Hair with Cap has a bug in the .g file. Typically .g files have the following mesh type: Standard mesh (Hex: 0x3A Dec: 58),  and then the additional g1, g2, g3, files may have a textured mesh type (Hex: 0x3B Dec: 59). Anyway in this case 35660.g has (wrongly) a mesh type of 0x3B and also texture coordinates. While LDD will not complain about this, this is not according to Legos 'internal' standards.

Edited by M2m

11 hours ago, M2m said:

How it can have 5 decorations faces, if i put only 2 - bottom and top

Or you corrected the original parts?

1 hour ago, M2m said:

35660 - LEGO Hair with Cap has a bug in the .g file. Typically .g files have the following mesh type: Standard mesh (Hex: 0x3A Dec: 58),  and then the additional g1, g2, g3, files may have a textured mesh type (Hex: 0x3B Dec: 59). Anyway in this case 35660.g has (wrongly) a mesh type of 0x3B and also texture coordinates. While LDD will not complain about this, this is not according to Legos 'internal' standards.

Are you able to open G files? How?

Edited by jester

@jester are you able to explain how to convert .g to a .obj file? I am trying but can't figure out how to convert from .lxfml to .3dxml. Is 3DVIA Printscreen required for that?

20 minutes ago, JGuy said:

@jester are you able to explain how to convert .g to a .obj file? I am trying but can't figure out how to convert from .lxfml to .3dxml. Is 3DVIA Printscreen required for that?

Check the previous page
I gave the tutorial and video too

3 hours ago, jester said:

Check the previous page
I gave the tutorial and video too

Right, that's helpful! Thank you! 

8 hours ago, jester said:

How it can have 5 decorations faces, if i put only 2 - bottom and top

Or you corrected the original parts?

Good point ! I may be wrong here. Your 20460 comes with 2 parts (g, g1). The original 20460 comes with 5 parts (g, g1, g2, g3, g4). If I want to use yours should I delete all original g, g1, .., g4 files ?

In that case your original xml files was correct. Sorry my bad. I just overwrote the g and g1 file with yours, keeping Legos g2, g3 and g4.

8 hours ago, jester said:

Are you able to open G files? How?

I am using a hex editor to look at the raw data (0xED is the name of the editor). The .g file format is fairly well documented here: https://github.com/Polymaker/ldd-modder/blob/develop/Documentation/G (mesh) file structure.md

You can check lego's own .g and g1, g2, g2, gX files for comparison. The non-flex .g files always have a standard mesh (Hex: 0x3A Dec: 58) indicator according to my experience. The g1, g2, g3, ... files may have a Textured mesh (Hex: 0x3B Dec: 59) indicator (if they are able to be textured) and then also UV mapping info.

Edited by M2m

On 5/23/2020 at 3:17 AM, Jason C. Hand said:

Updated the Dobby headpiece to better act as a regular headpiece.

Download found here.

Your Dobby headpiece features a stud connection on the top.

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

Your Dobby headpiece features a stud connection on the top.

Thanks for the heads-up, just saw it for myself. That is a result of copying both the collision and connectivity figures of the normal minifig head headpiece. When I get a minute, I will go in and update it.

Just now, Jason C. Hand said:

Thanks for the heads-up, just saw it for myself. That is a result of copying both the collision and connectivity figures of the normal minifig head headpiece. When I get a minute, I will go in and update it.

I usually use the most similar details)

2 minutes ago, Jason C. Hand said:

Perfect! I will include it then in the next update :)

45 minutes ago, jester said:

I usually use the most similar details)

43 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Perfect! I will include it then in the next update :)

Ok, guys. Just rearranged collision and connectivity for the Dobby headpiece. It can be found on my Bricksafe as "43745 [5-26-20 Update]." Hope this clears up everything.

Hi,

you're doing a great job here and I love that also LDD users benefit from our collaborative effort over at LDraw.org.

However I wonder why the authorship and the history have been stripped from the converted parts and why this Derivative work is shipped with no License and Attribution as determined by the:

LDraw.org Parts Library Agreement

Kind regards,

Willy Tschager
LDraw Content Manager

1 hour ago, Holly-Wood said:

Hi,

you're doing a great job here and I love that also LDD users benefit from our collaborative effort over at LDraw.org.

However I wonder why the authorship and the history have been stripped from the converted parts and why this Derivative work is shipped with no License and Attribution as determined by the:

LDraw.org Parts Library Agreement

Kind regards,

Willy Tschager
LDraw Content Manager

I agree with this... if this is to move forward, all the added parts need to have authorship/history embedded in them. Are there places in the header that this info can be inserted in? On that topic, have the LDD developers ever credited LDRAW library for any of their parts? Where is that information found?

2 minutes ago, zweifuss said:

On that topic, have the LDD developers ever credited LDRAW library for any of their parts? Where is that information found?

LDD was/is an official LEGO software. :sceptic:

5 hours ago, zweifuss said:

I agree with this... if this is to move forward, all the added parts need to have authorship/history embedded in them. Are there places in the header that this info can be inserted in? On that topic, have the LDD developers ever credited LDRAW library for any of their parts? Where is that information found?

Don’t think the g parts support that. I guess adding a txt file (per part ?) can be done. On the other hand „The LDraw Steering Committee (SteerCo) also holds an attribution to 'The LDraw Parts Library' in such Derivative Works to be sufficient in lieu of a full list of authors.“. 
So it seems that crediting the LDraw Parts Lib in general is ok too. 
How does stud.io do that ?