TomSkippy

[SR-FB] Myzectlan Market

46859937022_fc48b49de1_c.jpg

An important part of Myzec life is the market. In the crowded market there are many colors, smells and sounds. It is here that they can supplement their own crops with different fruits or exchange their goods for pottery or colorful fabrics. Foreigners privileged enough to visit the market can find many exotic and valuable goods. 

39947295333_0fc695b16b_c.jpg

39947299313_5069a6f431_c.jpg

C&C welcome!

I thoroughly enjoyed putting this together. Initially I built this in Stud.io, but then decided to go with what I had on hand. I appreciated being able to use any grey... the different greys contrast well. I finished the structure early January, but then I ended up down a rabbit trail - I wanted/needed more Natives to populate the market, so I kept ordering more. Then, I needed to make at least ONE jaguar warrior (this will be the subject of a future build as well). Finally, I felt that a market that comprised ONLY food was a little boring for my tastes, so I had to figure out a few other options. Overall a fun build (a little expensive). I will definitely explore the Myzecs more in the future... possibly becoming a 'friend'!

Brilliant build Tom and well worth the wait. The stonework looks great with the mix of greys and olive and that is an impressive collection of natives making the scene look busy as a market should be. Are those stickers custom? Also I have never seen that female torso before, is it custom as well?

All up great job and an excellent addition to Myzectlan.

Does the offer to license it for the settlement still stand?

Oh and :thumbup: for GoC if you want to be our first foreign entry!

Beautiful little build, mr. Skippy! It is a very beautiful little market, and a very lively scene. I agree with Ayrlego that the olive and greys go very well together, and I too am interested in those torsos. And where is all that pottery from/what parts are you using?

I have only two comments:

• The porticoes behind the market looks rather empty. Some boxes, people, or something in there, perhaps?
  • How do people get in and/or out? :P Right now, it seems to me the area is entirely fenced in? (Between the walls and the fencing) :D

Where'd those clay colored bowls come from?  They're awesome. :pir-grin:  Nice repeating pattern around the top, especially the offsets look good!

Seconded ! This crockery is terrific !

This angular design fits well for Myzectlan purpose. So does the mix of old and new LBG parts.

Well done those tight windows !

As others have said already, the architecture is very neat. It looks really realistic. I might copy some of your designs in future myzect builds (if i ever come to that :pir-grin:)

Fun build, the columns look great, though that lady has drawh most of my attention, she's apparently in distress.:pir-grin:

The woman front and center must not like the prices.  I am jealous of all your natives lol.    But the pottery and rugs were a great inclusion! 

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

@Ayrlego Yep offer still stands, What do I need to do? I would like to be the first foreign entry.

The fabric stickers are custom, I copied the pattern from the Maraca Guy.

The lady torso is custom as well. I love the white cloth legs, so I copied the pop star torso and fairy torso, changed the colors and added lines. 

@Bregir Great suggestions. It’s a little too thin for minifigures (I tried putting a guard there. One of the weird things about building for Myzecs... they wouldn’t have barrels (they’d use wicker baskets). Extending the roof a stud or two and fitting a figure back there is a good idea.

@Kai NRG The bowls are the porcelain bowls with a coat of paint :blush:

The rest of the pottery is two utensil pots (the one in the back is upside down) and then a reddish brown head upside down with a fez in it)

6 hours ago, Fraunces said:

As others have said already, the architecture is very neat. It looks really realistic. I might copy some of your designs in future myzect builds (if i ever come to that :pir-grin:)

Go for it! The architecture is hardly mine, I copied/combined techniques from the myzec thread, lego modulars, and google searches for “lego Aztec moc”

55 minutes ago, TomSkippy said:

Yep offer still stands, What do I need to do?

Thanks, no need to do anything, it's all handled. Payment should be in your account.

6 hours ago, TomSkippy said:

The fabric stickers are custom, I copied the pattern from the Maraca Guy.

The lady torso is custom as well. I love the white cloth legs, so I copied the pop star torso and fairy torso, changed the colors and added lines. 

Any chance of a tutorial on how you accomplish this...  They look factory printed lol

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Any chance of a tutorial on how you accomplish this...  They look factory printed lol

I’ll make a tutorial in the next few days and post it in the pirate mocs. 

3 hours ago, TomSkippy said:

I’ll make a tutorial in the next few days and post it in the pirate mocs. 

Sweet! 

Lovely little build! It feels very alive and appropriately Myzec! It almost feels like something from 'Apocalypto'. As others have commented the figs are really outstanding and the custom torsos are great. I also like the mix of old color bricks with new ones. It gives a nice weathered feeling. The architecture is spot on :thumbup: .