Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

[MCTC: Salida Este] Farmland at Wild Creek

39766430313_011b33abf2_c.jpg

Wild Creek is a small river a little outside Salida Este. Its rather turbulent waters and at some parts rather flat and wide
banks make for a fertile land around it. Most of that land is not used by large agricultural enterprises, like for example
Fontonajo's Cotton Island, but by small individual farmers who plant maize here, carrots over there, oats on the left side
and cabbage on the right side. Most of this farmland originates from the early settlement phase, where pioneers were
attracted to the island, built a small hut, and while the men were trying to change the world, the women planted the
fields. However while Salida Este has become a vivid town and center of commerce, the farmland was all that lasted
from the pioneers' work.

I played around a bit with editing and like the result. Here is a picture of the MOC in its full 32x32 fooprint without
rain and clouds. I will license it as a small plantation in Salida Este.

31765210427_cb721b6f79_c.jpg

Thanks a lot to @Capt Wolf and @Kai NRG for your feedback regarding my WIPs - which helped a lot to fix all the
small issues the early versions had. It is a pleasure to collaborate with you!

Edited by Elostirion

That bridge looks so perfect! You did an amazing job with every detail!

Very nice slice of farmland, Elos, and lovely little bridge!  Great job making the creek look turbulent too, especially in that edited pic! :thumbup:

Nicely detailed scene showing multiple crops on a small base. The creek is nicely done but the bridge is the highlight for me. And good job with the rain effect in the first pic.

This is such a great vibrant farmland MOC!  I really like how you've incorporated quite a few different types of crops.  As I mentioned before, the subtle curve on the bridge is perfect!  Nice edit too, that's a better angle for the clouds!

As I've mentioned privately, that bridge is fantastic! Great crops, and I like the tree, too. The editing effect adding the storm clouds and rain is really cool. :thumbup: