ritztoys

[MOC] Palm City Spirits

Hello all brick builders, my City display needed a brewery and this is what I came up with......

800x450.jpg

As this is a tall building, only the roof comes off to see the inside. So here are some pictures before the walls were "squished together"

800x450.jpg

These "tank designs" (which I modded a lot to fit building) belong to Rory Archer of Australia

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

My minifigs always enjoy their adult beverages, especially when they can see where their favorites are made!

Edited by ritztoys
Credit to original designer

I have never seen anything like this before! :laugh: It looks really nice! Can't imagine what it's like drinking next to these big drums. 

The interiors are fantastic, i'm not a big fan of the exteriors but i think you reproduced the architecture of the building in real life....

Very good job

The interior steals the how. Cool details! The outside looks good as well, even with reduced details. However there are too many lamp posts in my opinion.

13 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

I have never seen anything like this before! :laugh: It looks really nice! Can't imagine what it's like drinking next to these big drums. 

Thank-you

8 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Great build and amazing interior.

And those wall mounted lamps are brilliant.

Thank-you, I saw those lamps on a local building, and thought "How to get that look in LEGO"?

8 hours ago, jalemac34 said:

The interiors are fantastic, i'm not a big fan of the exteriors but i think you reproduced the architecture of the building in real life....

Very good job

Thank-you, I was striving for a 30's to 40's style of building as most of my display is kinda in that period of design.

3 hours ago, peedeejay said:

The interior steals the how. Cool details! The outside looks good as well, even with reduced details. However there are too many lamp posts in my opinion.

Thank-you, Yes I struggled with the "City" lamp posts, and/or the building lamps together. I don't know how the City display would look eliminating those said posts?

("the builder forgot to put city light posts on the sidewalk?")

It might make the building a little more attractive?

I didn't want to do too may exterior details as this building was repurposed and the new owners had a tight budget to keep remodeling costs to a minimum!

The whole project happened because of a 'beer delivery wagon' I had that needed a home.

Hey, this is a very detailed build - I love it! My favorites are bath and food area :) 

Thanks to cubo for his Semi Truck creation.....I challenged myself to build one too, I now have a delivery Semi for my Brewery....

800x450.jpg

On 1/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, ExeSandbox said:

You never drank at the brewery? It's the hip 'new' thing in the USA that the 'tasting room' (aka small bar) is in the factory where the beer is made.

On 2/28/2019 at 5:00 PM, MTBingNinja said:

I love Speed Champions and moc hot rods.....I'll need to see that Beer Wagon! 

Okay you asked......this is what started it all!

800x450.jpg

On 3/1/2019 at 5:54 AM, AntiZombie said:

The tank design is fantastic as well as the other interior.
Well done :)

Thank-you, I added my experiences of 'field testing' to figure out the interior design and the full layout. The funny thing I built the building first and made everything else fit inside.

Edited by ritztoys

Well done on the interiors. It looks great without the external walls. I like the middle floor with a balcing overlooking all the equipment.

I'm not a fan of the facade though. The color scheme is nice, but looks very plain with standard bricks. Have you considered adding some brick-bricks in dark red, tan and dark tan? I think it would more texture to the facade and keep the overal look.of an industrual building.

23 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

Well done on the interiors. It looks great without the external walls. I like the middle floor with a balcing overlooking all the equipment.

I'm not a fan of the facade though. The color scheme is nice, but looks very plain with standard bricks. Have you considered adding some brick-bricks

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions, I understand the facade is a little dull, the reason I added the window "keystone" for some detail.

Are you referring to the 'profile brick'? I have a hard time mixing those types of bricks into my creations, oppps my OCD is showing!!

4 hours ago, ritztoys said:

Are you referring to the 'profile brick'? I have a hard time mixing those types of bricks into my creations, oppps my OCD is showing!!

You should give it a try. Profile bricks combined with some jumpers and plates/or tiles can create a bit more weathered look. If you don't like it, you can go back to this fresh fasade version. :wink: I'll try to find a picture of a wall I did like that.

It really is a nicely done model, but I have two suggestions.

The top row of arched windows sits a little high in the space. I think there needs to be less tan below them and a little more tan above them.

Maybe I'm just used t their spacing on the official sets, but I think there are too many white lampposts.

Edited by gotoAndLego

On 3/22/2019 at 2:56 PM, Redhead1982 said:

You should give it a try. Profile bricks combined with some jumpers and plates/or tiles can create a bit more weathered look. If you don't like it, you can go back to this fresh fasade version. :wink: I'll try to find a picture of a wall I did like that.

Thank-you very much, looking forward to your style of facade

On 3/22/2019 at 8:36 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

So many beautiful details hidden by lovely walls ...this MOC is a total masterpiece! Very unique! :wub:

Thank-you, I appreciate the your 'take' on this creation!

On 3/23/2019 at 3:51 AM, gotoAndLego said:

It really is a nicely done model, but I have two suggestions.

The top row of arched windows sits a little high in the space. I think there needs to be less tan below them and a little more tan above them.

Maybe I'm just used t their spacing on the official sets, but I think there are too many white lampposts.

Thank-you, I'll modify when I get the structure out again, yea I know too many lampposts. I didn't include them when I recently displayed @ Brickworld Indy.

800x450.jpg

On 3/21/2019 at 3:38 PM, ritztoys said:

Here is my new building in my display @ Brickworld Indy 2019

800x450.jpg

Will you be traveling up to BrickWorld Fort Wayne this year?  Would love to see this in person...  Share some pot designs I have for my own brewery lol

20 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Does the truck have real steering wheels?

Yes it does, controlled by a Micro motor sitting vertically inside the truck cab. IR sensor, battery box, M motor located inside trailer. Power is fed through the "5th wheel" to one side of the 'differential' so that turning is very easy.

19 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Will you be traveling up to BrickWorld Fort Wayne this year?  Would love to see this in person...  Share some pot designs I have for my own brewery lol

I would love too, I had such a great time during Brickworld Indy, but my vehicle is not weather proof and $$ is a problem for the whole weekend.

PM me about any questions you have, be sure to visit one of these 'modern breweries' to get some really good ideas! (& beer)