Sign in to follow this  
cyberdyne systems

[TC15] Iron Vulture AirCarrier

"We are pirates! Sky Pirates"   

-TaleSpin

So, here it is. My entry for the "aircraft-crafting" contest! I've already seen a lot of different planes and 'copters, but where are airships? 

And if speaking about them, the most impressive airship, of course, is the Iron Vulture. Don Karnage's flagship and mobile base acting

like aircarrier.

7a46caab1eeb.jpg

The most challenging part was to recreate the complicated shape which makes it look like an eagle with folded wings.

Additional problem was the fact that in different episodes of the show it had differently drawn proportions :))

a1c41073e6a9.jpg
Rear wing is the most durable structure in model. I think, you really can lift it holding just this massive stabilizer.

477662f6c0af.jpg

While building this monstrous thing, I've tried to put as many references to the TaleSpin as possible. 

So, the functions (as it a technic contest) are:

-All 12 horizontal rotor spinning (M motor)

-2 Main Rotors spinning (M motor)

62d4a95645ff.jpg

-4-Speed Gearbox for rotors (M motor)

1f5398ada1a0.jpg

a7985129576e.jpg

-Front "Beak" opening (L-motor)

528142e2ad35.jpg

-Hatch doors on the bottom (L-motor)

5e92f46342c9.jpg

-Winch inside the hangar (L-motor)

-CargoLift with opening hatch (M-motor)

-RailGuns! in the front section "baloons" (M-motor)

41e0c88d2798.jpg

f41442f00f9a.jpg

And of course it's full RC! SO here is the video!

P.S. I think I have to win at least in 'propellers amount' competition ;)) I think no one will have more than 14 of them at once!! 

Edited by cyberdyne systems

Looks good, but maybe this classifies as 

but we are not looking for futuristic unrealistic scifi designs.

Holy stacked beams, Batman! I remember this airship! Nice rendition of it, and lots of functions. It could be a bit more curvy, but that's difficult to achieve with the stacked beam method. 

14 hours ago, Jurss said:

Looks good, but maybe this classifies as 

I'd say that this isn't too unrealistic, given that it is something that could plausibly work in real life. I think the spirit of the rule is more along the lines of no anti grav.

I like this a lot. It's immediately recognisable and personally I think it's fine as an entry for the competition.

I just watched your video and that made your entry much more awesome :pir-grin:.
All those functions, if only it was possible to fly with it :wink:

And I just love those tiny planes! So tiny yet so recognizable as a plane.

Great work!!!

It reminds me about the cover of a book I read when I was child, wrote by Jules Verne, Robur the conqueror. 

The cover depicted a flying ship with a lot of propellers, but your build looks much better :classic: