Sariel

LEGO Powered Up & Boost elements coming to shop.lego.com

It seems like individual LEGO Powered Up and Boost elements are going to become available for sale via shop.lego.com as separate products shortly. I was sent a sample page consisting of:
- 88006: LEGO Boost hub
- 88007: LEGO Boost color/proximity sensor
- 88008: LEGO Boost interactive motor
- 88009: LEGO Powered Up hub
- 88010: LEGO Powered Up remote
- 88011: LEGO Powered Up train motor

A short overview and a few impressions:

LEGO told you that this was the "full lineup"? Aren't they aware that you're one of the most well known Technic guys on YouTube and that everyone is waiting for a better hub, remote, motors and possibly sensors to get announced? It's almost as if they were trolling you. They even forgot to include the LEDs:

32516262768_89ec862ab9_z.jpg

Spoiler

32516351448_e2ac52f7b6_b.jpg

Has anyone ordered these LEDs and actually got them? I'm not sure if the fact they show at shop.lego.com means they actually have them ready for sale ;)

Yes I have the lights, they can be purchased :) They did not include the new M motor from the Batmobile either in the package, not sure why that's not for sale yet separately. Shop.lego.com not showing these products is interesting, I swear I saw the full lineup about a week ago, probably it was published too early and then removed.

When I was shown this video, I also asked myself where is the M-Motor from the Batman set...very strange Lego didn't send those to you.   I'm also pretty sure that the newer LEDs have been on sale since the new PU trains were released so that people could light them.

I see now that the Lego US shop let's you order all of these standalone parts (except the train motor 88011 which does show up in a search but throws an error on the product page).  $50 for the Pup hub and $14 for the train motor.  Not bad.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/search?q=hub

2 hours ago, veezer said:

$50 for the Pup hub and $14 for the train motor.  Not bad

Hmm - for the hub:

Have a look: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=28738c01#T=S&C=1&O={"color":1,"ss":"DE","rpp":"100","iconly":0}

Starts at €14 … scroll down a little: 200 available for €17.90 each … That is not too bad.

Best
Thorsten

Hmm, the Bricklink inventory of hubs for these prices seem to have disappeared. I shouldn't have waited to pick one up; now I'll need to fork out $50 from lego.

16 hours ago, veezer said:

Hmm, the Bricklink inventory of hubs for these prices seem to have disappeared. I shouldn't have waited to pick one up; now I'll need to fork out $50 from lego

Hi @veezer!

Don't The above link might have gone but not the item. Go to BrickLink, the Market Place, then Parts and search for "battery box". The 2I/O Hub is listed as such. Scroll down a bit, should be on the first or second page, depending on your settings. Starts ate about €14 ($16); when you need more (+10) than you will find shops offering them for about $20 each. The store locations are all "abroad" from your perspective, but if I were you, I'd give it a shot. US Customs may become curious - so maybe you can instruct the shops owners to print "gift" and/or "used devices" all over the package/package slip and have them removed any original LEGO packaging like plastic boxes etc. (Did that, worked well with German customs).

In any case, I believe the total cost when ordering a couple of hubs (including extra import taxes when things go wrong, delivery) will be less than X times $50 each.

Best
Thorsten     

@Toastie thank you!  That worked; was able to place an order for usd $21 with shipping from a storefront with good feedback in Europe. As far as I know the US does not charge duty on orders totaling $800 or less per day. 

Appreciate the tip, saved me over $30!  Now I need to figure out how to get this in the Harry Potter train ;-)

When this is no leak then it looks incredibly nice.

All the fears about Spike Prime colors being inappropriate for LEGO Technic models evaporate into nowhere … and to me it looks like much more model integration options than ever before. And the 4I/O Hub is a blast. I really like that one. I have to admit that after some reluctance in December 2018, which entirely diminished after playing with and programming the 2I/OHub - I am really excited about the PuP line.   

Best regards,
Thorsten