henrysunset

2019 LEGO Architecture

Toronto makes a lot of sense for the skyline sets IMO. The CN tower is an obvious choice and its got some skyscrapers that would be good candidates as well like the Bay Wellington Tower/TD Canada Trust Tower pairing or Scotia Plaza.

Kuala Lumpur might work although it might work better to do the Petronas Towers as a standalone set rather than part of a skyline.

I could see quite a few ones that still haven‘t been made:

Hong-Kong, Singapore, Tokio, Toronto, LA, Moscow, Beijing, ...

As far as we know there is just one skyline coming in January, right? 

15 hours ago, julesvincent said:

I could see quite a few ones that still haven‘t been made:

Hong-Kong, Singapore, Tokio, Toronto, LA, Moscow, Beijing, ...

As far as we know there is just one skyline coming in January, right? 

Most likely two.

I think at this point we need a 2020 Architecture thread, or just a vast overall Architecture thread.  I saw in a separate post the need for sub forums and I agree, would like to see all the Architecture posts in one sub forum.  I have not seen any speculation on the 2020 sets yet though.  2 skylines for sure and hopefully 4 buildings/landmarks are in store for next year.  I appreciated the larger ESB this year, but I found it to be almost too big to fit in with the rest.  If we are going bigger, I need different display options I guess.

As someone who lives in Toronto I would LOVE for them to do that.   CN Tower, Skydome (sorry, Rogers Centre), City Hall.  Could even do Old City Hall, OCAD, a streetcar...lots of possibilities without even getting into the skyscrapers yet.  

On 9/10/2019 at 5:48 AM, KevinMD said:

@henrysunset any chance you have the build instructions for the original Vegas you could post? Would love to add this. 

He added the instruction as stud.io file in his article ;)

13 hours ago, julesvincent said:

He added the instruction as stud.io file in his article ;)

Awesome, thank you for letting me know!

German Lego News Blog promobricks.de posted news about the 2 Architecture Skylines 2020. We will be getting

21051 - Tokio - 547 pcs - 60 EUR

with Tokio Towers, Mode Gaukeln Cocoon Towers, Tokio Skytrees, cherry trees and colourful advertising signs.

21052 - Dubai - 740 pcs - 60 EUR

with Jumeirah Emirates Tower, Dubai Frame, Burj Khalifa and Burj al Arab.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:20 PM, julesvincent said:

German Lego News Blog promobricks.de posted news about the 2 Architecture Skylines 2020. We will be getting

21051 - Tokio - 547 pcs - 60 EUR

with Tokio Towers, Mode Gaukeln Cocoon Towers, Tokio Skytrees, cherry trees and colourful advertising signs.

21052 - Dubai - 740 pcs - 60 EUR

with Jumeirah Emirates Tower, Dubai Frame, Burj Khalifa and Burj al Arab.

Hope they mean this Tokyo Tower and not these Tokyo Towers.

Whilst I love Tokyo, and it's an obvious "world city" to tick off, I'm not holding my breath for a particularly good looking Architecture skyline set.

I can see it now unfortunately. A poor man's Eiffel Tower (albeit the nearest to "iconic" of the set given the colours), a replica St Mary Axe/Gherkin, a generic TV mast, plus some pink-purple round single studs (scale) for the blossom and a few printed "neon ad" tiles (like the Berlin Wall).

Maybe I'm just still massively disappointed about the Japanese garden IDEAS set that was recently disqualified :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Lucarex