I don't think we'll be getting new tracks (I'd like to be proven wrong, though), as we already have two kinds of rubber inserts for the current ones.

7 hours ago, AVCampos said:

I don't think we'll be getting new tracks (I'd like to be proven wrong, though), as we already have two kinds of rubber inserts for the current ones.

One can dream though :laugh: 

But I think you are right.

42065 was a huge seller apparently, so I don't doubt that this will also sell like hotcakes. Not sure I'll get it unless on special, but I may well build it with parts once those sprockets become available :)

9 hours ago, AVCampos said:

I don't think we'll be getting new tracks

agreed.. :sadnew: ...it took 40 years to get a tractor tyre at decent scale!! 

Thanks for the nice and crisp review, Jim!

While 42065 was a terrific set (i built one myself and bought another copy to have some race fights with my children), I don't see much sense in getting this one now. :look:

Of course it's tempting: You get two L-motors instead of M ones, but the design of the track chain limts its ability to climb.
So for me it's a set I can easily pass on (while trying to put two L-motors on my 42065).

If you don't have the predecessor - get this one! These cars are loads of fun to play with!

16 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

the design of the track chain limts its ability to climb.

You can always use the parts to make a MOC with a lower centre of gravity and the weight more at the front. :wink:

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, TeamThrifty said:

Big sprocket is exciting.. has to be a hint at something to come (and it won't be another car!). Now all we need is updated tracks to go with it. Something rubbery would be lovely!! So many construction and ag options open up with updated track components. Can't wait for 2H.

Better start saving now, it comes with a big price tag.  Would be nice if it had a wider tread also but I doubt it will. 

Edited by Bricktrain

On 12/21/2018 at 11:52 AM, Bricktrain said:

Better start saving now, it comes with a big price tag.  Would be nice if it had a wider tread also but I doubt it will. 

I think this it is great set,  both for playability and as a parts donor, since there are parts that can be used in lots of MOCs types, so I think it is worth buying it in any aspect...so far it is not available her where I live, so I hope that when it arrives, I'll not have heart stroke caused by price :laugh:

Edited by I_Igor
Autocorrect...

Like usual, great review Jim. Especially your prediction regarding XL variant of sprockets and large excavator in 2H2019