2 hours ago, Lasse D said:

the Technic version has completely failed to capture the curves and details of the real car.

As has the Speed Champions model. It looks like a box.

This set has a lot of nice parts and if it were marketed as a small “Supercar” it would probably receive less hate.

We have a saying in the automotive industry: “You can’t polish a turd.” The grotesque bulbous blob with random angles that the corvette has become  in recent years is very much an overripe turd. You can’t make a good looking version of that car with Lego in any scale!

i will buy at least one of these sets as the price is good for the parts and i can probably make a much nicer looking car using just these parts. My only wish is that the licensing fee portion of my purchase doesn’t go to chevy to reward them for building such an ugly car.

1 hour ago, erix said:

My only wish is that the licensing fee portion of my purchase doesn’t go to chevy to reward them for building such an ugly car

Well I mean... it will... because it’s a fee.

I signed up here just to find out if I’d made a mistake when the doors did not open anymore when finishing the back. Also had to contact Lego to hear why the QR code did not work to get the alternative plans for the hotrod - was told that I should not even have had been able to purchase it until 2019 and that the web updaters were still on Xmas vacation.

Edited by Scandinavian

Just now, Scandinavian said:

I signed up here just to find out if I’d made a mistake when the doors did not open anymore when finishing the back. Also had to contact Lego to hear why the QR code did not work to get the alternative plans for the hotrod - was told that I should not even have had been able to purchase it until 2019 and that the web updaters were still on Xmas vacation.

Hi Scandinavian from The Netherlands :laugh:

It's so stupid that sets already hit the shelves and essential stuff is not available yet. And seriously....why do you need web updaters?! When sets leave your warehouse, automatically make that stuff available. Being a software architect, I just can't get my head around this :sadnew:

1 hour ago, efferman said:

I have made a lxf of the B model

IMHO this hotrod is better that A model, and your effort is more than appreciated :thumbup:

Edited by I_Igor

I wonder how the hot-rod would look with a normal fake engine, like 42022, judging by the length of it, a V6 should be able to squeeze in there

It also seems to lack the wheel arches, so it should be pretty easy to piece together from spares if you are OK with different tyres

31 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

I wonder how the hot-rod would look with a normal fake engine, like 42022, judging by the length of it, a V6 should be able to squeeze in there

It could squeeze if you use something thin like technic triangle to connect cylinder banks...

8 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It could squeeze if you use something thin like technic triangle to connect cylinder banks...

Not even that, the space between the headlight bar and windshield frame is 8 studs, so a regular v6 should fit, the only thing i cant see right away is how you would anchor the front of the engine, but i suspect there is space for a brace down to the chassis underneath the headlight bar/just behind the steering bar

37 minutes ago, efferman said:

The only special part is the blue 20z clutch

Forgot about that, is it integral to the hotrod, or could one substitute the regular 16z clutch and two 16z gears? Either way, i ordered one of those from bricklink for a simple gearbox, so ive got one

@vectormatic

Perhaps is solution to lower the chassis a little bit like hot rods have ...

I was thinking on something like this:

tumblr_mv1u492yzr1qdo22go1_500.jpg

Edited by I_Igor
I had to find appropriate image...

Had a DHL delivery with some H1 sets today including the Vette and I’ve just finished building it. Although the front end is a dogs breakfast and the doors don’t open I do really like it. There were some interesting builds steps for it and I do like the overall shape, it’s quite robust and as a toy for someone into cars you definitely can’t grumble for this money.

It might even appear on my desk at work next week as I brought all my Lego home over Christmas.

I already tried putting the wider wheels on the rear but noticed the tyres foul the black connectors holding the door panels in place.

I’m wondering about mods for this, but I might just build the Hot Rod from my parts bin and Mod that instead. Obvious things to look at on this are the front end, the steering and possibly rear simple suspension.

Oh and its it’s a shame about the light grey connectors spoiling the look of the bonnet.

I know I should really be working on TC15 but who can resist when a nice big box of new Lego sets arrives.

Edited by Seasider

I'm working on modding this as we speak, just finished up with a better looking rear spoiler rear end build last night and worked in an opening hood to boot! Worked out the wider and larger rear tires to fill the very gappy wheel arches. This does mean the rims are terribly small but the overall tire size is much more appealing so I'll except that for now

Now to figure out the opening doors...

2019 Vette and Hot Rod

So I built the Hot Rod B-model today and did a load of colour mods. Chassis is as Light Grey as possible and Cab and details as Orange as possible (from my parts bin ... the GT3 Porsche is now missing some rear haunches).

I didn’t like the front lights so I’ve swapped these out for round ones which I think more representative for a Classic Hot Rod. Wheels I’ve put the wider but same dia on the rear, the fronts I went smaller but that looks wrong to me, needs to have the new Narrows on the front.

I think my first MOD will be to mount a V6 as people have suggested.

I think you should put thinner front wheels from Corvette on hot rod.

Looking forward to see it with v6 :thumbup:

Perhaps it would be better to start new topic 42093 improvements and mods? ?

Edited by I_Igor

@I_Igor yes I know it really needs the new thinner wheels on the Hot Rod. That’s part of my plan if I get them off the rear of the Vette.

@efferman looks like you’ve made quite a few mods there as I notice lots of changes to the sills and the windscreen surround too. What wheels are you using?

yes I think we may need to create a MOD page for this lot!