Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

14 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

The HP Bricktober pack (the one with Hooch, Slughorn, Umbridge and Boggart Snape) is currently on Amazon UK for £20.

Does anyone think it's worth it? As I think we'll get Umbridge and Slughorn in later sets anyway, and I don't care much for the Hooch minifigs, so £20 feels a bit much.

We'll probably get a different outfit for Umbridge in the sets, but outside of couch-disguise Slughorn possibly being in the CMF I don't see them including him in the next wave of sets

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We'll probably get a different outfit for Umbridge in the sets, but outside of couch-disguise Slughorn possibly being in the CMF I don't see them including him in the next wave of sets

I think you’re right about Slughorn in that his scenes aren’t really the sort Lego focuses on for sets, but I don’t think the CMF is the only place he could turn up. His Christmas party in HBP is prime fodder for a future advent calendar after all. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

I think you’re right about Slughorn in that his scenes aren’t really the sort Lego focuses on for sets, but I don’t think the CMF is the only place he could turn up. His Christmas party in HBP is prime fodder for a future advent calendar after all. 

They could throw him into the next Castle section, depending on which movie they base it off. Otherwise yeah, he’ll go where the other filler teachers go. I do like the idea of it for the next Advent Calendar.

So excited to finally be opening up the advent calendar ? 

I’m looking forward to finding homes for all the things around the bigger sets 

On 11/13/2019 at 5:08 PM, TurboTj-DK said:

I know it is a stretch(dunno if written correctly) but 4 sets are going to EOL in January, we can hope its because the 4 sets we got the numbers on are released early 2020? 

Hi, sorry if this was stated already (Haven't been on in a while) Which 4 sets are being discontinued?

3 hours ago, m0repotter said:

Hi, sorry if this was stated already (Haven't been on in a while) Which 4 sets are being discontinued?

Aragog, Advent Calendar and the 2 Fantastic Beasts sets. Not to be a smartass, but you could've found the answer to your question with one google. It only takes you 10 seconds :wink:

I finally got the last spelling mistakes hopefully fixed in the thread I created for my ‘complete Hogwarts castle as sets’ concept. I have nothing new to add to it so will be leaving it alone for now

Here is how the fully assembled (micro prototype) castle ended up:

LEGO Hogwarts Castle (system scale prototype)

LEGO Hogwarts Assembly view (Sketch)

Edited by Bugbot20082

With today's reveal of the new modular building, 10270 Bookshop, the description included a little profile of the set's designer, Wes Talbott. This line stood out to me: 

After finishing off the LEGO Creator Expert Bookshop Wes would love to work on the Harry Potter product line.

I sure hope that's a hint of what's to come... Wes has also designed quite a few Elves sets as well as the Pop-Up Book, so he could do some fantastic work with the Harry Potter line.

I'm not sure how long this page on Lego's website has been up, but I've only just come across it: https://www.lego.com/en-gb/themes/harry-potter/about?icmp=HP-SHMBL-EG-HP-harryp-702

This line stood out to me: 'And next? Who knows what LEGO magic will be conjured up in the future? Keep checking the LEGO website to ensure you don’t miss out!'

A hint of sets soon to be unveiled or are they just teasing us for next summer?

10 hours ago, tafkatb said:

With today's reveal of the new modular building, 10270 Bookshop, the description included a little profile of the set's designer, Wes Talbott. This line stood out to me: 

I sure hope that's a hint of what's to come... Wes has also designed quite a few Elves sets as well as the Pop-Up Book, so he could do some fantastic work with the Harry Potter line.

I would hope work would be carried on a 4th connection for Hogwarts in 2020. 

Even a 5th and 6th

Makes for a great display. 

10 hours ago, tafkatb said:

I noticed that too :sweet:
Who else do we know are working on it?
Marcos Bessa is still the design lead I think..

Justin Ramsden is still on board, but he is all over the place :wink:
Mark Stafford made at least the great hall, but think maybe he is on Jurassic park now?

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Mark Stafford made at least the great hall, but think maybe he is on Jurassic park now?

Pretty sure that was just for the D2C

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Pretty sure that was just for the D2C

Could be, but he made the concept art for the clock tower and did not end up designing it. On the other hand Lego designers do this all the time so maybe he still is onboard :shrug_oh_well:

6 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Even a 5th and 6th

I have no doubt there will be further Hogwarts modules, though for Talbott specifically I hope to see him take on some Diagon Alley shops - the broader and brighter color palette would suit his aesthetic well.

13 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Even a 5th and 6th

Me too! There is still a lot of castle and rooms missing, I approximate another 4 big sections such as an ‘Astronomy Tower’ Set (70-100£) and 2+ medium sets (50-70£) to complete a screen-accurate castle.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Lego comes up with for this line next year. Lego Star Wars has become a bit jaded for me of late build wise what with all the new trilogy rehashes, whereas this line feels really fresh and colourful. I have loved both building and displaying the builds. Rewatching the movies after building the sets has given me a new appreciation of how well Lego has generally the covered the movies so far (the Chamber of Secrets being the only real glaring hole).

One thing I have done is buy more carriages for the Express and horses for the Beauxbatons Carriage. I'm no builder, but I like that I could easily add to these builds to make them a bit more screen accurate. The carriage especially looks great with the extra horses. BTW, the horses are now available to buy on B+P (both the body and wings) if anyone wants to add to their carriage without buying multiples of the set.

Now I can't wait to see how Lego covers the later movies as I was in a dark age when sets for the later movies last came out, so as both a kid and now I have only ever had HP Lego relating to the first movies.

8 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

Is anyone else wondering when

Ginny will show up in the new Lego sets? Seems crazy we haven’t seen her yet

Give it time :)

I would expect she will appear in a ‘Chamber of Secrets’ castle section set with short legs.

Older variations (medium legs) with casual clothes might appear in an updated set of the Burrow, and even a ‘Battle at the Ministry’ set based around the mysterious archway or the prophesy Room

Edited by Bugbot20082

17 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

Definitely wondering :) I can't help but think that it will either be in a Ministry or Burrow set or she will be in the next CMF.

I'm not with my copy of the Hogwarts Castle, is the 

Spoiler

micro Hogwarts Express

from the Advent Calendar to scale with that set?

4 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

Not really, the only set she could really be in from movies 1-4 is a Chamber of Secrets set, which Lego opted to skip over last year. I fully expect her to show up in next year’s wave, since Order of the Phoenix is when her character really starts joining in the action. 

3 hours ago, JackFr said:

I'm not with my copy of the Hogwarts Castle, is the 

Hide contents

micro Hogwarts Express

from the Advent Calendar to scale with that set?

I think it would be too small, compared tko the microfigs.