Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

27 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The June sets can be pre-ordered on s@h, at least in Switzerland :classic: I assume it works for the rest of Europe as well, not sure about the US though...

UK too. I'd like to know if there is going to be any promo really before I preorder though.

17 minutes ago, Lerux said:

Where can the sets be preordered?

In the official LEGO online shop (shop at home, short s@h) :wink: 

Interestingly, none of the other June releases can be pre-ordered (Batman, Jurassic World, Friends etc)... They should have that option for all releases IMO, would save me the trouble of staying up past midnight every 1st of the month :grin:

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

In the official LEGO online shop (shop at home, short s@h) :wink: 

Interestingly, none of the other June releases can be pre-ordered (Batman, Jurassic World, Friends etc)... They should have that option for all releases IMO, would save me the trouble of staying up past midnight every 1st of the month :grin:

Oh thank you, yes you can also preorder it in Austria.

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

They're not even listed in the US.

Which is weird, because even if they were going to be released August 1st (still no confirmation on that), there’s a bunch of sets that just got listed that are released that day. Kind of weird, and means we still don’t have an official US release date from Lego. 

Is there already a picture when you can see the clocktower connected to the Whomping Willow and The Great Hall?

7 minutes ago, Lerux said:

Is there already a picture when you can see the clocktower connected to the Whomping Willow and The Great Hall?

Someone made an edit of the GH, WW and CT all connected (CT to WW) some time ago but we don't have any pictures of the actual (real-life) connection. We'll just have to wait for the set to come out and try it ourselves

On 4/20/2019 at 4:26 PM, Legoniche said:

OMG! I’m doing that too! Glad to see another middle earth brother in the chat ?

Cool :D Mee, too.^^

On 4/20/2019 at 4:30 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Oh you are not alone, believe me. I live for Tolkien’s amazing works. Cancelling the LOTR theme was unforgivable

I can agree to all of this. I'd wish the sets were at least done a few years later with that many moulds, Dual moulding for arms and legs and armprinting used for tlbm and Harry Potter or earlier so there wouldn't be so many stickers? At least i am able to complete the collection by myself combining custom parts, own customisation (cutting, gluing, painting and printig) and pieces from other licences. The Harry Potter licence with all these accessory and Hair pieces is to me the second best Lego could produce after original Lotr sets ?

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I guess this is more or less confirmation that I’m gonna go crazy for the next two months

Me too, but I’d still be going crazy even if I had the HP sets.  :wink:

But I will gladly take a two-month wait if it means LEGO Shop will start doing preorders on all its high-profile releases. 

I just feel like they’re insulting our intelligence by not posting SOMETHING.  My educated guess is that the press release was never intended for the US per se, it just ended up on the Internet, which is, by its very nature, universal.  I guess the staggered release dates are to try to avoid the supply issues of the very poorly planned early launch of the sets in the US last year, which was little more than an obsequious favor to Target (a store that I actually kind of like, don’t get me wrong).  

Since the sets won’t be “ready” in the US for two more months, I suppose they are correct in thinking that the primary LEGO audience, which is probably still predominantly young boys, doesn’t know about these sets, and there’s no point in advertising something two months away when in might slow the sales of what’s currently sitting on the shelf.  

Even some of my coworkers, who are serious Potter fans, but not AFOLs, who bought a couple of the sets last year, had no idea of this summer’s wave until I mentioned it.  

Much as it pains me to say it, we on this forum may just be the minority.  

Sorry for the long post(s)

Just a heads up for folks in the UK; I know it seems to be the least favourite set of the wave but my local Smyths had the Knight bus out for sale. No sign of anything else just that set.  Didn’t grab one as it’s the wife’s birthday and pretty sure she would prefer something other than Lego sadly ? 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Official picture of the 3 Hogwarts sets combined are online!

I still think I’ll put my Clocktower behind the Great Hall where it belongs. I get why they are doing it this way, they want to display the front of all the buildings in a line but I think I’d rather go for some accuracy

Oh, for some reason I thought the clock tower would be much taller/bigger than the great hall ? Once I get the WW too i will find a way to arrange its sections to make it look less plain.

Edited by Otherworld

36 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I still think I’ll put my Clocktower behind the Great Hall where it belongs. I get why they are doing it this way, they want to display the front of all the buildings in a line but I think I’d rather go for some accuracy

That's what I'm going to do too. Plus it would mean the Yule Ball section of the set would be next to the interior of the Great Hall (which is where it should take place).

Edited by Tariq j

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

That's what I'm going to do too. Plus it would mean the Yule Ball section of the set would be next to the interior of the Great Hall (which is where it should take place).

If you want to put the Yule Ball section next to the GH you'd need to build the sideportion of the Clocktower mirrored

Yule ball maxime's dress appears to have that metallic pink color Elsa got for her eyeshadow, which really adds to the elegance. 

Edited by Otherworld

I've just noticed there are already a few reviews on amazon for the new sets plus some pictures by reviewers! Worth a wee look! 

Do you think that when you preorder you will get the things a little bit earlier than the 1st of june?

Would like to buy Hagrids Hut immediately, looks like it's an exclusive and it wont get cheaper for a while.

58 minutes ago, Lerux said:

Do you think that when you preorder you will get the things a little bit earlier than the 1st of june?

Would like to buy Hagrids Hut immediately, looks like it's an exclusive and it wont get cheaper for a while.

Ofcourse not, if you preorder lego will send out the ordered sets ON release date (it specifically states this on the productpages themselves)

6 hours ago, Hogwarts said:

I ordered all 5 sets from Smyths online (UK) and they're arriving tomorrow

Really? Smyth Austria still doesnt show them in their online store.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s gonna be so hard watching these sets release without being able to get them here in the US. August, please come quickly

Was hard watching for two months last year over here, but even then we had the brickheadz to pass the time I guess

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s gonna be so hard watching these sets release without being able to get them here in the US. August, please come quickly

LEGO members at my store told me June 1st for the majority of the sets, while the other two for August.  That’s the general consensus