Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree, it’s not necessary, but it would be very neat to have both versions (even though I like the newer version much better), just like it was very nice to get both versions of Dumbledore

Though unlike Dumbledore, both versions of Flitwick were played by the same actor

The more I think about the advent calendar, the more awesome it becomes to me. 3 confirmed exclusive minifigures with a likely fourth (Flitwick will likely have some variation from his CMF since they typically can’t reuse CMF prints). For $40, what a deal. I’m really hoping McGonnogall gets the dress piece! 

Haha I could care less about Fantastic Beasts but I guess that is the reason why we even got a HP reboot in the first place.

I really hope that the $55 set isn't the graveyard duel. I could say that it better have the third task included but I would rather have another PoA set instead of their third task outfits, or second task but I guess it isn't happening. (I would love mermaids, shark Krum and Gillyweed Harry) Is the prefect's bathroom a hint maybe? :O

Edited by Otherworld

13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The more I think about the advent calendar, the more awesome it becomes to me. 3 confirmed exclusive minifigures with a likely fourth (Flitwick will likely have some variation from his CMF since they typically can’t reuse CMF prints). For $40, what a deal. I’m really hoping McGonnogall gets the dress piece! 

Add into that the fact that the 2 repeat minifigures are McGonagall and Richard Harris Dumbledore, who are only available in what is currently the most expensive system scale Harry Potter set, and the minifigure selection really is amazing. 

Is there currently a face that looks like the one Fleur will have (Ellie sattler's) but the mouth is closed and upset? (meaning it isn't her 2nd expression) Basically a 3rd expression of the same face?

I saw it on someone's Instagram story yesterday I think but forgot to post about it. 

19 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Is there currently a face that looks like the one Fleur will have (Ellie sattler's) but the mouth is closed and upset? (meaning it isn't her 2nd expression) Basically a 3rd expression of the same face?

I saw it on someone's Instagram story yesterday I think but forgot to post about it. 

I saw that too. There's been some Jurassic Park leaks for the D2C, it could possibly just be a new head variant for Ellie.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The Dumbledore hair can also be used on the Gambon version for those who don’t like the hat too, so there’s even a use for that fig to make a variant!

would be nice if Mcgonnogall was a Yule ball variant or something, but the dress piece, even if it was just plain green, no printing, would still be better than nothing!

on another note, so awesome to finally see all the first wave of sets. It is interesting that they’ve announced the Sep 1st Calendar, but not the August 1st sets.

expecto Patronum is probably the best set; it has great value with 2 army builder figures and even army builder trees! Harry is great and Sirius and the stag are amazingly good. The clocktower is fantastic, with a fantastic price, not so fussed about the Yule ball minifigures, but the building itself is a great addition to the castle display! The knight Bus is the one I want the most, a good price and an accurate update of my favourite original set from when I was a kid, so much nostalgia! Hagrids hut will be my first version of it and it’s great again. A meh price but hopefully the light brick and the gorgeous buckbeak mould make up for it. The rest of the minifigures are great and the sets detail is superb. The advent calendar looks super fun and unique. The only bad set is the Hungarian Horntail, which is sad to me as the original set is always one I wanted as a kid. The horntail is just ugly, the tent is a block and the figs are kinda underwhelming. But hey, 1/5 sets being bad isn’t too shabby, and atleast we get the golden egg and a proper firebolt! Overall a fantastic wave, and if I weren’t spending my money on the Stranger Things set, it would all be a day 1 buy!!

Edited by Whovastron

I really like the Yule Ball themed Clock Tower set, but I do wish we were getting a more POA themed Hogwarts set as well. It’s a shame we don’t get a new printed tile for the Marauders Map. And a POA Fred and George would be really nice plus Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle with Slytherin robes. Hopefully we’ll get some of those characters in the next CMF series but it would have been nice to have one POA themed Hogwarts section

48 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really like the Yule Ball themed Clock Tower set, but I do wish we were getting a more POA themed Hogwarts set as well. It’s a shame we don’t get a new printed tile for the Marauders Map. And a POA Fred and George would be really nice plus Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle with Slytherin robes. Hopefully we’ll get some of those characters in the next CMF series but it would have been nice to have one POA themed Hogwarts section

I found it odd how the clock tower is Yule ball themes since that building is so often associated with POA, but I’m glad it’s Yule ball themed since we get those mini figure variants that we might have o it got in a cmf series, otherwise it would basically be the same figures as the Hagrids hut and expects patronum sets.

In the image of the advent calendar containing only LEGO pieces it looks to display 9 seperate table builds! *huh* :oh:

Surely the actual set would not use most of its pieces on identical table builds.

I‘ve noticed that too, but the final product surely won‘t include 9 tables. On the boxart, there‘s only one, with the others being drawn :wink:

What I actually find the most jarring with the horntail isn't its head, it's the fact that it's just a brick-built remake of the dragon from 4767, complete with the same wing mold. It should've been more faithful to the screen appearance with as much posability of the wings as possible and a bit brighter color (olve green with dark tan should be right).

Other than that, I don't have any major gripes with other sets, only nitpicks and wishes for more characters and better prices :tongue: Excellent wave!

12 minutes ago, Captain America said:

The horntail looks like a large bird, nothing like a dragon. Almost a fantasy style eagle.

Exactly. Looks nothing like a dragon at all, let alone a Hungarian Horntail. 

3 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

What I actually find the most jarring with the horntail isn't its head, it's the fact that it's just a brick-built remake of the dragon from 4767, complete with the same wing mold. It should've been more faithful to the screen appearance with as much posability of the wings as possible and a bit brighter color (olve green with dark tan should be right).

Other than that, I don't have any major gripes with other sets, only nitpicks and wishes for more characters and better prices :tongue: Excellent wave!

well.. I expected much worse with the low brick + price count. I don't know how people could ever get their hopes up for a Smaug mold (which itself was worth about $30 probably) or a bigger Ninago style dragon.

So this is certainly better than the Great hall basilisk :laugh: - but unfortunately with the old wing pieces there's not even much space to modify it. I'd gladly have payed more to have the Smaug wings in brown. So far I like the UCS Hogwarts castle Horntail better and it's wings are still more accurate to a Wyvern

So canonically speaking, where will the Clocktower's modules connect to the great hall and Whomping Willow castle parts? Are there any extra modules missing between them?

14 hours ago, Whovastron said:

on another note, so awesome to finally see all the first wave of sets. It is interesting that they’ve announced the Sep 1st Calendar, but not the August 1st sets.

According to the press release the calendar comes out on june 1st

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That’s very odd. It’s great because the sooner the better! But odd nonetheless

7 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Olive green and dark tan would be the complete wrong colours, have you ever seen the Horntail? The Horntail has a slight green tinge to it but dark green would be too bright and olive green is way too pale black and dark brown would be the most accurate colour but even then I think most people imagine the Horntail to be brown and brown would look the best 

8 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Olive green and dark tan would be the complete wrong colours, have you ever seen the Horntail? The Horntail has a slight green tinge to it but dark green would be too bright and olive green is way too pale black and dark brown would be the most accurate colour but even then I think most people imagine the Horntail to be brown and brown would look the best 

Well it’s only black in the book. In the movie it’s obviously brown with a tan underbelly. I have no issues with the colors of the Horntail in the set. It’s the shape that’s the problem. I don’t even mind the wings much. Smaug wings would have been way better but this was the second best option. Brick built wings are awful. The wings only look out of place because the rest of the body is so messed up.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Well it’s only black in the book. In the movie it’s obviously brown with a tan underbelly. I have no issues with the colors of the Horntail in the set. It’s the shape that’s the problem. I don’t even mind the wings much. Smaug wings would have been way better but this was the second best option. Brick built wings are awful. The wings only look out of place because the rest of the body is so messed up.

The very top of it is black, if you look at pictures of it from the studio tour it is very dark in colour, whereas in the film it has strange lighting

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I’m pretty sure it says Sep 1st

Does anybody know if we will get a HP Bricktober pack this year again? Thought of a Yule Ball Ladies Pack with Parvati, Padma, Cho and McGonagall. (all in Yule Ball Dresses).

43 minutes ago, Minga 089 said:

Does anybody know if we will get a HP Bricktober pack this year again? Thought of a Yule Ball Ladies Pack with Parvati, Padma, Cho and McGonagall. (all in Yule Ball Dresses).

If we got one, that lineup would be highly unlikely since they are not quite desirable enough. The Patils and Cho in Yule Ball attire are likely candidates for the next CMF series, whenever they end up doing it. While most of us here would love a pack with those four, Bricktober figures need to be more desirable to a wider range of audiences. Those four just don’t quite compare with characters like Umbridge, Hooch, Boggart Snape, and Slughorn.