goatman461

Factions - Introduction, Discussion, and Core Rules

3 hours ago, n1majneb said:

Thanks @MKJoshA do you know when the next round of reviews will be (6th onward) as I have one out there from the 7th and have an idea for another none Pyerce rising build too and so wondering when to get it in by?

You can post as many builds as often as you want. There's no limit. We try to judge within a week or two of posting. But most of us are dealing with a lot of extra real-life stuff because of COVID so it's going a little slower right now. We'll try to get to the other builds soon!

After the defeat at Endor and the death of the Emperor, Alek Onas decided to start a new life. A life of hunting and being hunted. He became a bounty hunter. But he couldn't forgive himself that he and the other Red Guards had failed. Their only purpose was to protect the Emperor, but now he was dead and the Empire in ruins. At least that's what he thought. But when he heard that there was still hope for the Empire, hope in a growing cell of loyal servants, he knew what his destiny was: Alek Onas should lead his Empire to victory.
And so he joined the Triumvirate....

50128114558_568912602f_n.jpg

Edited by Macropus

On 7/19/2020 at 3:53 AM, Macropus said:

After the defeat at Endor and the death of the Emperor, Alek Onas decided to start a new life. A life of hunting and being hunted. He became a bounty hunter. But he couldn't forgive himself that he and the other Red Guards had failed. Their only purpose was to protect the Emperor, but now he was dead and the Empire in ruins. At least that's what he thought. But when he heard that there was still hope for the Empire, hope in a growing cell of loyal servants, he knew what his destiny was: Alek Onas should lead his Empire to victory.
And so he joined the Triumvirate....

Welcome! Glad to have you as part of Factions.

Astrid Speccroix01

In the wake of the collapse of the Empire, the S'kytri people of the planet Skye have found themselves being occupied by a (comparatively minor) force from the Triumvirate intent on maintaining Imperial order, to the detriment of its citizens. Self-elected ambassador Astrid Speccroix has taken it upon herself to petition the Confederacy of Independent Systems for aid in freeing her people so that her planet can officially join the Confederacy, and has donned a dark blue shirt as a show of her allegiance. 

(I wanna take a crack at this game! Seems fun!)

Edited by Fenghuang0296

10 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

@Fenghuang0296 Welcome to Factions! Interesting character and background story... I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes... ;)

Same. :P (I got the idea when I saw ‘Skye’ on the map which stood out to me because I have a recurring character named Skye, looked it up and discovered the S’kytri race, went, ‘Hey I have the parts to make a minifig like that!’ then I found the spreadsheet and noticed Skye is currently occupied by the Triumvirate with only 5 points, and . . well, I hope you’re not too attached to that planet. I’m coming for it. :P )

2 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I hope you’re not too attached to that planet. I’m coming for it. :P

Good luck! :') It is near impossible to get to... I was lucky enough to access it through a 'aliens contest', that made alien's homeworlds accessible...

7 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Good luck! :') It is near impossible to get to... I was lucky enough to access it through a 'aliens contest', that made alien's homeworlds accessible...

Oh . . Uh . . hang on. I saw a route linking Imynusoph to Skye and that Imynusoph was on the end of the Hydian Way (which is the southernmost planet that the Confederacy has access to), and thought all I'd have to do is take Imynusoph . . but now I'm looking closer and realising "that's not a route, it's a sector line," and also I checked the Planet IP spreadsheet and Imynusoph isn't on it? So, uh . . I'm realising that I messed up a bit and also why isn't Imynusoph on the spreadsheet yet? Is it just that no one's got any IP points on it? Also, follow-up question; Sector J21 only has two planets, Imynusoph and Kinooine. Would the Confederacy be treated as controlling that sector if we had 50 IP on both those planets? Since there's no third planet to take? (I'm working on a new strategy for getting to Skye, but for now this is hypotheticals.)

26 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Oh . . Uh . . hang on. I saw a route linking Imynusoph to Skye and that Imynusoph was on the end of the Hydian Way (which is the southernmost planet that the Confederacy has access to), and thought all I'd have to do is take Imynusoph . . but now I'm looking closer and realising "that's not a route, it's a sector line," and also I checked the Planet IP spreadsheet and Imynusoph isn't on it? So, uh . . I'm realising that I messed up a bit and also why isn't Imynusoph on the spreadsheet yet? Is it just that no one's got any IP points on it? Also, follow-up question; Sector J21 only has two planets, Imynusoph and Kinooine. Would the Confederacy be treated as controlling that sector if we had 50 IP on both those planets? Since there's no third planet to take? (I'm working on a new strategy for getting to Skye, but for now this is hypotheticals.)

Here's a link to the detailed map that is used: http://www.swgalaxymap.com/search/

J21 has three systems: Imynusoph, Kinooine and Zonju. You'd need to control (get 50IP) on all three planets in order to access all eight adjacent sectors. Then you could access I20 that only has one planet. You would need to control that sector in order to move on to sector H19. So if my calculations are correct then you only need to earn 200IP before you can access Skye... :excited:

6 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Here's a link to the detailed map that is used: http://www.swgalaxymap.com/search/

J21 has three systems: Imynusoph, Kinooine and Zonju. You'd need to control (get 50IP) on all three planets in order to access all eight adjacent sectors. Then you could access I20 that only has one planet. You would need to control that sector in order to move on to sector H19. So if my calculations are correct then you only need to earn 200IP before you can access Skye... :excited:

Ah. Zonju didn’t show up on the one in this topic . . oh well. Long term goals, I guess. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

58 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

What Darth Bjorn shared is accurate. And Imynusoph and Zonju are not on the spreadsheet yet because no one has IP on those planets as of yet. Keeps the spreadsheet easier to use if we only have active planets showing. 200IP may seem like a lot. But if you take advantage of the Double IP you get for Limited Time Challenges I think you'll find you can get there pretty quick. And if you can get a couple teammates to help you out you'll be there in no time at all!

An Imperial cadet who excelled in covert operations, DT-R65 became a death trooper in the galactic empire. He was raised in an imperial family on Coruscant and always aspired to climb the grand ladder held by the one and only emperor. While assisting a mission on the planet Lothal, his current officer in command, director Orson Callan Krennic had traveled to Scarif, and was killed there along with much of his squad in the following disaster. DT-R65 was later dispatched to many other commanding officers, and on rare occasion to Darth Vader himself. He fought many battles and made many sacrifices for the empire, which brought order and prosperity to all systems that welcomed it. After the fall of the empire, his blind loyalty and devotion led him towards the Imperial Triumvirate. A place he could gather with other imperials, and regain the power the great empire once held. As a skilled commando soldier, and a fanatic imperial idealist, DT-R65 will make any measure to ensure victory for his allies.

DT-R65

Edited by ARKUM ELO

4 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

@ARKUM ELO A warm welcome to Factions RPG. Super cool character and back story - he's gonna be a real asset to the Triumvirate!

Thank you very much! I am very much looking forward to it. :-P 

You need to choose a Faction - Triumvirate, Clan Eldar, Corsec, Black Sun or Confederacy of Free Systems - then post in their topic requesting to join. The faction leader of the faction you choose will help you set things up from there. The Triumvirate would be glad to have you ;)

Edited by marvelBoy123

@Greg the Gungan Will you be playing as a Gungan? Coz that's awesome. Come join Clan Eldar? Non-humans are very welcome among the Mandalorians, and a Gungan would tie in very well with my character's back-story (raised on Naboo, which we have access to build on).

Edited by Ross Fisher

thank you guys for all of this I will be consedering to join clan eldar but since my minifigure parts hvent arrived yet it will take some ttime to create my minifig agagin thank you:classic:

also ı have some problems with that map thingy

Yes, you can change factions at any time, but once you have made a sigfig, this must remain the same regardless of whether you change factions.