Sign in to follow this  
kritch

[MOC] - Temple Arch

A temple arch. The design is not taken from any specific temple or culture, but takes inspiration from the temples of Tamil Nadu, India (although they are a lot more colourful). Also the guardian lions are more South East Asian.

44289349934_7f8e5a3734.jpg

44097556705_27a6b2fb0e.jpg

30072338777_53e3655d8f.jpg

30072337767_cacb59d5d3.jpg

44097556045_ba1d9493fc.jpg

44289347174_9113806b9c.jpg

This is a fantastic arch!  So many great little details here to appreciate.  I particularly like the use of the microfigs under the columns.  Overall, a very nice build.

Great work!

Beautiful! Some fantastic textures here and i love the minifig combo too. :thumbup:

A very nice study in texture, and I second Gabe about the fig combo. The surfaces are almost hyper-textured, but not overdone. I wonder what it would look like on a larger scale? Would it still look unified or would everything just get lost in a blur? Either way, nicely done. 

Awesome arch.  I like the way you incorporated the binoculars, handle bars, and other attachment pieces gives it a unique look.  The fig is also very nice.  

I'm not even sure what to say other than wonderfully done! So many different little stone details that all come together into a great arch that still looks defined. I know one of the most difficult things to get across in a MOC is the balance between keeping buildings interesting while not letting them become too busy and you've hit that balance on the nose. It's a lovely backdrop to the minifigures as well who tease a fleshed out history and draw the eye enough to balance the textured building. Excellent.

A great Arch indeed, like other said before, the details of the texture is just excellent !

A great build ! Good job ! :thumbup:

Beautiful! Man, I'd swear that I saw those lion statues somewhere, really true rendering!