Norton74

[MOC] Ice Planet 2002 | Mobile Research Laboratory

ICE PLANET IS BACK!

My latest build is an armoured vehicle decked out in Ice Planet livery used by the peaceful men as a mobile research laboratory.
Ice Planet 2002 was a subtheme of LEGO Space introduced in 1993 and marked by a very cool color scheme: white, blue and trans-neon orange.
Even if I've never played with these paceful guys (at that time I was a teen with other interests on my head) I've always appreciated this series.
The ground vehicle is not equipped with weapons but with a lot of retro space components. Ice Planet are in fact engaged in secret researches about renewable energy rather than interplanetary wars.

30663979238_a20b1ffde3_b.jpg

30663968748_a331f39239_b.jpg

The canopy opens to expose a detailed little interior with such an assortment of retro-tech computers and equipment. 

30663974128_40da1b020b_b.jpg

29596378157_095239279a_b.jpg

More info and pictures here. I hope you like it :classic:

The Ice Planet vehicle joins the other space armoured vehicles I built in the last few years:
1) Space Tank in Classic Space livery;
2) White Tiger Futuron Tank;
3) UFO Shado Mobile Evo;
4) B-59 Blacktron APC.

Thanks for stopping by.

Edited by Norton74

Nice design of the vehicle. :thumbup:

A lot of space on the inside and great setup of controls and panels.

The presentation of the build is also nice. Great shapes in the snow. :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, sander1992 said:

Nice design of the vehicle. :thumbup:

A lot of space on the inside and great setup of controls and panels.

The presentation of the build is also nice. Great shapes in the snow. :thumbup:

Many thanks for your words, really appreciated :sweet:

Looks like the black one :classic:
This one looks great too with those colors. I like the 'garagedoor' at the back and all those controlpanels and pipe.
Presentation looks great too on the snow/ice.

1 hour ago, neonic said:

Looks like the black one :classic:
This one looks great too with those colors. I like the 'garagedoor' at the back and all those controlpanels and pipe.
Presentation looks great too on the snow/ice.

Thank you! Yes the style is quite similar to the B-59, it's like my MOC's signature :wink:

Best

On 9/20/2018 at 5:58 PM, Great Ball Pit said:

Nice build, but I was hoping to see some sort of living quarters inside. 

Thank you. Living quarter is a good idea for next MOC ;)

That is really cool! (no pun intended). I always liked the Ice Planet theme. The interior and orange panel at the back are my favorite parts. I think I would like just a tad of white on the outer hull as well, but it does portray a hulking demeanor like that!

Edited by Maranar

On 9/27/2018 at 4:00 PM, Maranar said:

That is really cool! (no pun intended). I always liked the Ice Planet theme. The interior and orange panel at the back are my favorite parts. I think I would like just a tad of white on the outer hull as well, but it does portray a hulking demeanor like that!

Thanks @Maranar :sweet: 

This is a fantastic build with an amazing interior but I almost feels like it suffers from a lack of neutral colors on the exterior. Changing some of the details like the "vents" on the exterior to a color like black might help—that'd both make it more authentic to the color scheme of the Ice Planet sets and help to make those details seem less washed out in a sea of blue.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:17 AM, Lyichir said:

This is a fantastic build with an amazing interior but I almost feels like it suffers from a lack of neutral colors on the exterior. Changing some of the details like the "vents" on the exterior to a color like black might help—that'd both make it more authentic to the color scheme of the Ice Planet sets and help to make those details seem less washed out in a sea of blue.

Thanks @Lyichir.

You're not the only one who has remarked the lack of white or black. I'll add more neutral colors in my next Ice Planet-themed MOC. Thanks for your suggestion ;)

This has some Axl Tower Carrier vibes but without the medieval influence, really nice.

Edited by TeriXeri

16 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

This has some Axl Tower Carrier vibes but without the medieval influence, really nice.

Thank you :classic: