Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

40 minutes ago, sahidko said:

Damn 42cm could be already too much for my space. :D

I was surprised too! It doesn’t look that tall, but the tower on the left is 12 Hobbits tall :classic:

…I hereby propose to use Hobbits as a measuring unit. You’re welcome.

Yeah that's why i didn't get people complaining about size. I think it's going to be much bigger in reality than this blurred picture shows right now.

I accept your proposal. :D

1 hour ago, sahidko said:

Yeah that's why i didn't get people complaining about size.

Exactly! I’ve seen comments that this set should only be $300 or less. Come on, this is 80cm wide, at least 40cm tall, and pretty deep too! I think the price is justified, especially with the piece count and number of minifigs in mind :sweet:

Edit: It’s actually either 11 or 12 Hobbits tall, depending on which one you pick as a reference:laugh_hard: Hoping for the former, would save me a headache

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

What do you guys think? Could we see the cmf24 orc jaw piece again in the lotr line? I have to say I adore it. It gives orcs a more cartoonish vibe and keeps the cuteness minifigures should have in my opinion. I always disliked those disgusting mouths on the original Lego lotr orcs ^^'

Honesly I don't think so and I personally hope we don't. As you mentioned bit too cartoonish for my taste. :)

56 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

What do you guys think? Could we see the cmf24 orc jaw piece again in the lotr line? I have to say I adore it. It gives orcs a more cartoonish vibe and keeps the cuteness minifigures should have in my opinion. I always disliked those disgusting mouths on the original Lego lotr orcs ^^'

Then you are not the target group of those sets :) Thats just ok 

58 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

Um, no. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great piece, but it doesn’t fit the Middle-Earth style of Orc at all, in my opinion. Looks more like the WoW orcs with their tusk-like teeth

1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

I also really hope not. Those S24 orcs look more like Chima characters than LOTR characters

3 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I really hope not, it doesn’t look anything like LOTR Orcs. WoW Orcs sure but that’s a totally different take. That jaw piece on LOTR Orcs just doesn’t work. Orc mouths are supposed to be disgusting not cartoony

51 minutes ago, chewymurphy said:

When do you guys think it’ll get revealed? Hoping for an early VIP access but I doubt it now

Latest rumors say announcement next week...

Edited by Altair1

11 minutes ago, Altair1 said:

Latest rumors say next week...

Are we expecting it to come out the first week of March? Historically when do UCS/D2C come out in March?

21 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Rumor I think is March 1st right now. 

Yes, for the actual release

27 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Rumor I think is March 1st right now. 

Is that VIP or general? I'm a VIP member so it's irrelevant but still wanted to make sure

8 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

Is that VIP or general? I'm a VIP member so it's irrelevant but still wanted to make sure

Probably general, hoping that there’s an early VIP. If the rumors are true that it gets revealed next week, there might be early access, recently sets without VIP have been getting revealed only a few days before, this would be like 2-3 weeks before

Just now, chewymurphy said:

Probably general, hoping that there’s an early VIP. If the rumors are true that it gets revealed next week, there might be early access, recently sets without VIP have been getting revealed only a few days before, this would be like 2-3 weeks before

The castle was VIP early release and it was super convenient since I was first in line for that lol. Hopefully this is similar so there isn't a ton of people waiting in line

If there's no good GWP I'll just hold off for that or a double VIP personally

My Lego room is currently overflowing with all the stuff we moved around the basement for reno's anyway :S 

5 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

My Lego room is currently overflowing with all the stuff we moved around the basement for reno's anyway :S 

I am not holding off on Rivendell, I will jump on it at the second it is released :-) 

41 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

I'll be *using* my VIP points for this, so no reason to hold off for double for me ;)

Day one purchase for me too.  Would be disappointed if they do not ship enough sets but I’ll be at the store before it opens.  Don’t want to wait for a future shipment.  It might be nice if they limit purchases early as well.  I am hoping they do a decent gwp though would make waiting all these years even nicer.

51 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

Since I’m at University I’m not going to be able to build it for a few years anyways, so I’m in the same boat. I’ll get it whenever is the best deal.