Anonknee Muss

Speed Champions 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

The mid-engined Corvette C8 will be announced on July 18, so that's my odds-on favorite (basically thinking they'll do what they did with the 720S). That would also make a lot of sense as to why this wave was so small--as we know, it takes years for Lego to design a set--so they've probably had this in the can for a while and assumed they'd be able to release it with the first wave, but then the C8 was delayed.

Next likely is the mid-engined Ferrari hybrid supercar to be announced this Friday (5/31).

Beyond that, the timing just doesn't make sense for either the McLaren GT or the Speedtail, and I can't think of anything else singleton-release-worthy.

9 hours ago, OpenBagTwo said:

The mid-engined Corvette C8 will be announced on July 18, so that's my odds-on favorite (basically thinking they'll do what they did with the 720S). That would also make a lot of sense as to why this wave was so small--as we know, it takes years for Lego to design a set--so they've probably had this in the can for a while and assumed they'd be able to release it with the first wave, but then the C8 was delayed.

Oooooh, yes, I totally forgot about that date!!! :sweet:

On 5/28/2019 at 5:25 AM, OpenBagTwo said:

Next likely is the mid-engined Ferrari hybrid supercar to be announced this Friday (5/31)

A Ferrari range-topper with a twin-turbo v8, sounds like the second coming of the F40, which coincidentally, is in this year's lineup as well.

If the new set is indeed a new Ferrari hypercar ill be running to the shop to get one, if it is a new corvette... ill probably end up getting one because i enjoy building SC sets, but i dont really care for corvettes

2 hours ago, vectormatic said:

If the new set is indeed a new Ferrari hypercar ill be running to the shop to get one, if it is a new corvette... ill probably end up getting one because i enjoy building SC sets, but i dont really care for corvettes

You are not the only one ?

Good News, glad to hear we are getting another SC car this year. I always suspected they might do something like this since this year's wave was smaller than usual. 

Hopefully it looks pretty good, still I guess it doesn't  matter, I will get it anyway. 

10 hours ago, vectormatic said:
On 5/27/2019 at 10:25 PM, OpenBagTwo said:

Next likely is the mid-engined Ferrari hybrid supercar to be announced this Friday (5/31)

A Ferrari range-topper with a twin-turbo v8, sounds like the second coming of the F40, which coincidentally, is in this year's lineup as well.

Speaking of such...

Autoblog - Ferrari SF90 Stradale is a 986-Horsepower Plug-In Hybrid

undefined

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That'd be an interesting car to see made into LEGO, very smooth and rounded looking car. 

Certainly would have to look studless unlike the older boxy looking F40 from the 80s (which even has some studs in the Speed Champions set but I think it's okay for that car)

26 minutes ago, carlo.fadel said:

Don't forget last Vettel's helmet.. a new Ferrari is coming?

Between their current livery and how horribly Binotto & co. are botching this year, I'm guessing we're not seeing any Lego Ferrari F1 cars for a while.

I have a good feeling it's gonna be the new Corvette C8. I hope it comes in yellow. I may even mod it into the racing version.

On 5/29/2019 at 3:13 PM, TeriXeri said:
On 5/29/2019 at 1:54 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

That'd be an interesting car to see made into LEGO, very smooth and rounded looking car. 

It very much evokes the LaFerrari to me, at least with the shape of that color-contrasting cabin. :shrug_oh_well:

8 minutes ago, RacerRabbit said:

I have a good feeling it's gonna be the new Corvette C8. I hope it comes in yellow.

Hmmm, we've already had the Z06 built in Yellow, so I'm hoping for something else if we do see the C8.

36 minutes ago, carlo.fadel said:

Maybe is this new colour?

IMG_20190601_190943.png

Nope. It was first in a big City set in that colour back in 2015.

54 minutes ago, RacerRabbit said:

Nope. It was first in a big City set in that colour back in 2015.

It was introduced in 2015 yes, but not in turqouise.

City Square from 2015 has 2 in Dark Bluish Grey.

Edited by TeriXeri

13 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

It was introduced in 2015 yes, but not in turqouise.

City Square from 2015 has 2 in Dark Bluish Grey.

Turquoise? I thought the piece in that image was Dark Bluish Grey. Must be my colour-blindness.

On 2/28/2019 at 7:38 PM, mcmarta said:

I hope they make Mercedes G 4x4 squared or Mercedes G 6x6, it would be perfect nice square shape.

*insert image here*

*insert image here*

MERCEDES G 6X6 YES PLEASE

On 5/27/2019 at 7:26 PM, whung said:

There will be 75895 to be released in 2HY 2019, a 180 pieces set, which is supposed to be the fourth single car.

https://fr.shopping.rakuten.com/offer/buy/3721160917/lego-75895-75895-conf-2019-lsc6-v29.html

Cheers man, I knew it!

On 6/2/2019 at 1:33 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, such a random, thumbnail image. I wonder who on Bricklink posted it. :shrug_confused:

You know how people steal minifigures from factories and sell them then they get leaked? I’m guessing this is the same scenario.

17 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

August set is not a new car but 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0.

Well that sounds great! Any sources and extra info about this?