TheArturro

Lego City 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

Space 4-people set is for sale online, however I don't see the beach pack listed.

6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Space 4-people set is for sale online, however I don't see the beach pack listed.

You meant fairground I think?

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

You meant fairground I think?

No, there's a pack with a pink parrot, icecream, and 4 beach figures , Set number 40344, just like there is a 4-pack for Space/Ninjago and Spider-man with this wave.

https://brickset.com/sets/40344-1/Summer-Celebration-Minifigure-Pack

40344-1.jpg?201905151200

I see it as available now on the US site but not on the NL site (yet?) Maybe US gets its first as the other packs over there are "coming soon" still.

Edited by TeriXeri

If anyone in the USA spots the new space sets out early, please post about it. I'm keeping my eyes pealed in case some retailers put those and the new HP sets out before July 1. 

Is that Mrs Claus in the Advent Calendar?   e.e

I hope so, because the rest of it looks like the same thing over and over again

Edited by Robert8

20 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is that Mrs Claus in the Advent Calendar?   e.e

I hope so, because the rest of it looks like the same thing over and over again

Looks pretty similar to last year's but I don't see as many "Microscale" builds this time around, 2 more figures also.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 6/9/2019 at 11:58 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

This looks like a nice set. My only complaint is the quality of the printing on the cockpit window piece. The printed white areas stand out like a sore thumb against the white bricks in the rest of the model which is a bit of let down. Especially considering it doesn't look like that on the box art or any of the promotional shots of the set. :sceptic:

On 6/12/2019 at 3:17 AM, Bricked1980 said:

This looks like a nice set. My only complaint is the quality of the printing on the cockpit window piece. The printed white areas stand out like a sore thumb against the white bricks in the rest of the model which is a bit of let down. Especially considering it doesn't look like that on the box art or any of the promotional shots of the set. :sceptic:

Yes LEGO needs to address this or someone needs to speak to lawyers about ad fraud. I've had enough of LEGO prices going up and the printing of the minifigures, and now cockpits being worse than trash.

But according to Brickiest I'm a troll and too negative if I'm part of the group that speaks out that not everything LEGO does is perfect.

I'm not too bothered by the price on normal retail sets, they get discounted 20% or more pretty quick. That cockpit is concerning though, I want to see it in person but may be worth complaining to LEGO about because the box is so inaccurate to the actual. 

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

There's more firefighters in 2020.

Thanks for the info, but not the best of news :hmpf:

Not all kids love police and firemen, surly a lot of them want a farm theme with plenty of animals, why can not Lego understand this :tongue:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Not all kids love police and firemen, surly a lot of them want a farm theme with plenty of animals, why can not Lego understand this :tongue:

Police and Firemen had sets for  decades now , I don't think they have much effect on other City subthemes at all.

I expect a standard City-Police wave, after 2 subthemes (Mountain and Sky for 2018/2019).

Hopefully they follow the 2019 Fire Station design and make a smaller Police station set and put the large vehicles in an Action-based set (like Downtown fire).

That said, I'd love to see sets themed with something like Farm, Horseriding, Circus, Zoo, etc sets in City.

38 minutes ago, legotownlinz said:

A new firefighter ship would be nice.

That seems very logical as it's the main thing that's "missing" , 2007, 2010 , 2013, 2016 had big Fire ships. 

Since the 2019 Fire Station and the Fire dockside set can be connected/re-arranged to form a waterside quay, I doubt the small boat and jet-ski would be the only boats.

Coastguard (2008/2013/2017) seems too early for 2020, as it's only been 3 years.

So maybe some mix of Harbour and Deep Sea.

It's been since 2011 since we got the last Harbour buildings (Marina and Cargo Harbours)

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Will point out Toothdominoes (A LEGO designer)  on Twitter stated Clemence, from LEGO City Adventures head print was going to be real, so maybe more LEGO City Adventures tie in stuff?:

Edited by jhuyser

17 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Would you be able to say by any chance that this is the only piece of info you're currently aware of regarding 2020's offerings? :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Would you be able to say by any chance that this is the only piece of info you're currently aware of regarding 2020's offerings? :shrug_oh_well:

That's the only I can tell. :wink:

11 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:
14 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That's the only I can tell. :wink:

Well, if nothing more can be yet said for next year, would you at least be able to divulge any information regarding this year's Collectable Minifigure Series 19 instead? :classic:

43 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, if nothing more can be yet said for next year, would you at least be able to divulge any information regarding this year's Collectable Minifigure Series 19 instead? :classic:

Unfortunately I don't have details about that one.

From a marketing POV, I can understand Fire and Police being popular themes within City, but I'll admit it's a bit redundant and boring as a collector. I think it's great, though, when they change up the theme a bit, like the Forest Police, or the Sky Police, for variety, as most standard City police stations look pretty similar, as do the fire stations. I'm glad we finally got a hospital set, as it's been a long time coming; I have to wonder why hospital/clinic isn't more of a recurring evergreen theme in City, as both offer fun playability along with police and fire.

All the suggestions made thus far make a lot of sense for filling out a cityscape beyond fire and police: a zoo would appeal broadly. They're doing fairground stuff this year, so that fills a niche that's been off and on over the past decade. I enjoyed the farm theme, and wouldn't mind seeing a renewal. The big omission in my mind is a proper museum set. However, from a playability standpoint, I can understand why LEGO hasn't done it. The closest we've come was a very small museum as part of the police wave in 2013 (Museum Break -In, set# 60008), which I thought was a brilliant set, if very limited so far as the museum itself goes. The Capital City set this year had promise with its inclusion of a museum, only to be quashed by the fact that it's under construction and contains no exhibits short of the caveman ad outside. It was a great opportunity, and LEGO didn't take it. :(

I guess City govt is pretty boring and limited for playability, but I'd like to see a nice City Hall set; I passed on the Town Hall modular, as I found the exterior to be somewhat bland, even if the interior was quite lovely. I suppose I was hoping for more of a Greco-Roman look to the entire exterior, not just a doorway. I passed on the Town Plan set back in 2008, which had a simple, yet nice Town Hall in it. I would have bought that as a stand-alone. Anyway, it's something I'd like to see, especially with the fluted cylindrical bricks to make some nice columns. Quick digression on that note, why oh why didn't LEGO make an ancient Greek/Roman theme? Would have been so much fun!

Short of beach adventures and now fairground, there seems little of entertainment in the minifig world: I look at Friends and all the stagecraft they have going on and wonder why that hasn't leaked over into City, as an open air stage for concerts and plays would offer a lot of storytelling within the theme. Something like that probably would have appealed to girls before Friends came along. 

I regretfully passed on the Coast Guard Platform set back in 2008, and I would love to see another open water platform set of this kind, whether it be for Coast Guard again or for salvage, or some other purpose short of oil drilling, as LEGO seems to shy away from that particular industry. There's something intrinsically cool about open water rigs that appeals to me, and I'd love to see a set of that nature produced in the City theme again.

I'm absolutely elated that City has a space theme this year, and moreso by what it offers. I'm glad to see a bit of real world space development reflected in these sets, and as we push forward with both Lunar and Mars missions, and with increased interest and media coverage of these and other planned space projects, I hope fervently that City Space will become more of a recurring theme, like Police/Fire. Space is, and always shall be, my absolute favorite theme in LEGO, whether it be sci-fi or City, and I welcome a more regular release of such sets.

7 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

I have to wonder why hospital/clinic isn't more of a recurring evergreen theme in City, as both offer fun playability along with police and fire.

The hospital of 2018 certainly wasn't a one-off set.

2018 also had a medical rescue helicopter (to rescue a snowboarder), and more might be coming soon.

(unreleased Ski Resort set) https://brickset.com/sets/60203-1/Ski-Resort

A while back I also saw some kid's activity book with a doctor figure in stores.

Overall, it's by far the largest presence of doctor/hospital related LEGO in recent times.

Edited by TeriXeri

22 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

The hospital of 2018 certainly wasn't a one-off set.

2018 also had a medical rescue helicopter (to rescue a snowboarder), and more might be coming soon.

(unreleased Ski Resort set) https://brickset.com/sets/60203-1/Ski-Resort

A while back I also saw some kid's activity book with a doctor figure in stores.

Overall, it's by far the largest presence of doctor/hospital related LEGO in recent times.

Yep, LEGO's been making rescue vehicles regularly over the years. The Ambulance Plane (60116) and the Rescue Helicopter you mentioned are only two of a decent list of ground and flying vehicles within the theme. My observation is that medical facilities have been few and far between. We have plenty of transportation for the sick and wounded minifigs, but until now, nowhere to take them for treatment. I would think that hospital or clinic sets would be more frequent releases, at least every four years or so.

I wasn't aware of a ski resort coming; while it's not really within my range of interest, I will say that it's a nice addition to City and fills some of the minifig entertainment void I mentioned. I hope it turns out great.