Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

I wanted to share my attempt to improve the Mk 38 "Igor" armor.

0yFHoDa.jpg

Unlike a lot of folks, I didn't think that the original design was completely terrible, but it certainly left a lot of room for improvement. I didn't think it was necessary to make the build accomodate a minifig, so removing that requirement opens up some options for a more accurate torso build. The head tilts upwards so that it can face forward when the suit is in its typical hunched over position. The arms and legs are largely unchanged, with an extra bracket and tile added to the thighs to make them a little less spindly, and I used the large curved bricks for the shins to cover up the knee joint a bit. For the arms I brought the shoulders in to make them a bit more narrow and I modified them slightly. For the lower arms I extended the forearm plating to be a better match for the original. Overall I think that the build is a little bit better of a representation of the dimensions of the actual suit while still retaining the look of the official design.

@Warbinator I honestly like your version of Igor. But I guess it really depends on the preferences.

Some of us might want a certain scale, some of you guys want it to be able to fit a minifigure inside, and others like you wanted to make it more simple and remove that functionality.

It's lego.. unlimited imagination and creativity. There's no perfect build for this. But we all have to agree that the official build have flaws or a better word: it sucks.

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Warbinator I honestly like your version of Igor. But I guess it really depends on the preferences.

Some of us might want a certain scale, some of you guys want it to be able to fit a minifigure inside, and others like you wanted to make it more simple and remove that functionality.

It's lego.. unlimited imagination and creativity. There's no perfect build for this. But we all have to agree that the official build have flaws or a better word: it sucks.

Yeah. Mine's just bulked up and has no chin.

I found Iron Man and Dum-E at Walmart today. I’m happy to start small with this wave. The Dum-E build is cool, and it’s a nice parts pack for the transparent pieces and blue flames. I like the team suit printing on Iron Man, and cant wait to get the Quinjet later this month!

Edited by Aegis2000

16 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I found Iron Man and Dum-E at Walmart today. I’m happy to start small with this wave. The Dum-E build is cool, and it’s a nice parts pack for the transparent pieces and blue flames. I like the team suit printing on Iron Man, and cant wait to get the Quinjet later this month!

I’ve been keeping an eye out at Walmart, I haven’t seen it yet, but I’m hoping it pops up near me soon

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’ve been keeping an eye out at Walmart, I haven’t seen it yet, but I’m hoping it pops up near me soon

My local Walmarts had them misfiled all through last week. I was told a store had as many as 24, when in actuality they had none. I saw a stock adjustment of 30 this afternoon on Brickseek and sure enough, the shelf was full of them! Just keep an eye out, happy hunting! 

Edited by Aegis2000

Jesus Christ, I cannot believe some idiots are bidding $10,300 for 5 Molten Man sets on eBay. That’s how you know people have too much money. That’s a $150 retail value. 

So, I just rewatched Iron Man 3, and noticed some interesting parallels. The House Party scenes prominently featured Igor/Mark 38, Heartbreaker/Mark 17, Thumper/Mark 25, Bones/Mark 41, and Red Snapper/Mark 35. There were a couple of others - I didn't recognise all of them, but I saw Tony use the Shotgun/Mark 40 directly against Killian. 

Which lined up pretty well with the armours that are featured in the Hall of Armour set. In addition to the Mark 1 and the Mark 5, which were obviously chosen because of how important they were in Iron Man 1 and 2. Obviously we already got Mark 17 back in the actual tie-in sets for IM3, but . . it definitely positions me to believe that we might see Thumper, Red Snapper, and Shotgun (in order of prominence and therefore likelihood) in future comics sets, similar to how we got Hammerhead/Mark 37 and Gemini/Mark 39. (In spite of the fact that both of those sets were based on Avengers Assemble, when neither suit was actually used in the show, so there's precedent.)

I would love to see a Mark 25 or 40. Mostly because of the colour variance to other suits - please do Shotgun in sand blue - while Red Snapper . . well, it's kinda in the name. Thoughts, anyone?

So now that I've got a minifig scaled Igor build, I've started working on a slot in the hall of armors for him. Here's what I got so far (note the heads are there to make sure I had the correct height to fit him). Thoughts would be well appreciated. :laugh:

nlEqK3k.png

Edited by shadefoundry

21 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Jesus Christ, I cannot believe some idiots are bidding $10,300 for 5 Molten Man sets on eBay. That’s how you know people have too much money. That’s a $150 retail value. 

I seen this spoke of earlier but wait it serious there are people bidding that kinda money for 5 of those sets? Let alone the fact by May 1st honestly probably within the first 2 days of being released they most likely will be 20%, are some people just stupidly rich where they can spend 10 thousand on 5 of the same set a few weeks early? Massive waste of money that the person could of bought a bunch of sets and use some of it for good and still have some left over. 

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

My local Walmarts had them misfiled all through last week. I was told a store had as many as 24, when in actuality they had none. I saw a stock adjustment of 30 this afternoon on Brickseek and sure enough, the shelf was full of them! Just keep an eye out, happy hunting! 

Ugh...last week I checked, having Brickseek show 15 at mine, but there was none in their system.:wall:

46 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I said that 2 times.....

59 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, I just rewatched Iron Man 3, and noticed some interesting parallels. The House Party scenes prominently featured Igor/Mark 38, Heartbreaker/Mark 17, Thumper/Mark 25, Bones/Mark 41, and Red Snapper/Mark 35. There were a couple of others - I didn't recognise all of them, but I saw Tony use the Shotgun/Mark 40 directly against Killian. 

Which lined up pretty well with the armours that are featured in the Hall of Armour set. In addition to the Mark 1 and the Mark 5, which were obviously chosen because of how important they were in Iron Man 1 and 2. Obviously we already got Mark 17 back in the actual tie-in sets for IM3, but . . it definitely positions me to believe that we might see Thumper, Red Snapper, and Shotgun (in order of prominence and therefore likelihood) in future comics sets, similar to how we got Hammerhead/Mark 37 and Gemini/Mark 39. (In spite of the fact that both of those sets were based on Avengers Assemble, when neither suit was actually used in the show, so there's precedent.)

I would love to see a Mark 25 or 40. Mostly because of the colour variance to other suits - please do Shotgun in sand blue - while Red Snapper . . well, it's kinda in the name. Thoughts, anyone?

The suits that I want the most at this point are Mk 2 (which would double for War Machine Mk1), Mk3 and Mk4, just because I feel like it would be nice to have the first five lined up on the first level of my Hall of Armor. After those three, I'd really like to see the Mk22 "Hot Rod" armor, which is the one with red arms and red legs with flames. It is also the armor that War Machine Mk2 is based on. 

1 hour ago, shadefoundry said:

So now that I've got a minifig scaled Igor build, I've started working on a slot in the hall of armors for him. Here's what I got so far (note the heads are there to make sure I had the correct height to fit him). Thoughts would be well appreciated. :laugh:

<image>

If you plan on stacking up the bays in the Hall of Armor, I would consider making the bay for Igor exactly two bays tall so that it would line up with the height of the the rest of them along the top. I like this idea and look forward to seeing your final build!

13 minutes ago, Warbinator said:

If you plan on stacking up the bays in the Hall of Armor, I would consider making the bay for Igor exactly two bays tall so that it would line up with the height of the the rest of them along the top. I like this idea and look forward to seeing your final build!

That's what I did for my Igor. It's still a little tall, though, and I'm hopeful that I can cut down its height. Maybe decrease the feet from three studs to two . .

I just ordered the hall of armor set, this is a set that is gonna cost so much in the future due to the minifigs included so I would buy it asap if any of you haven't yet

1 minute ago, TOTDForever said:

I just ordered the hall of armor set, this is a set that is gonna cost so much in the future due to the minifigs included so I would buy it asap if any of you haven't yet

I'm actually considering getting a second one to just sit on sealed when they come back in stock at my local Mastermind. Seriously guys, if you don't have the set yet, get your hands on it, even if you don't care for it.

11 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

I'm actually considering getting a second one to just sit on sealed when they come back in stock at my local Mastermind. Seriously guys, if you don't have the set yet, get your hands on it, even if you don't care for it.

The mark 1 alone could make the price for this set a year from now skyrocket 

4 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

I really like it! Might need to do something like that when I get the set.

I've been experimenting with LDD too and found a way to have Rhodey's shoulder cannon displayed by adding a gray 1x4 plate to the front of the pod (and all others for consistency) thus making each pod a 4x5 instead of a 4x4 and then putting 2 jumpers for the suit to stand on.  The only thing is that the little fork piece of the shoulder cannon needs to be angled about 45 degrees for it to fit past the long inverted slope brick.

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

3 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I said that 2 times.....

Yeah people really have problems if they're willing to drop that much on a couple of plastic bricks. Especially ones that are going to be available in like 2 weeks!!!!! :hmpf:

Edited by Legocity2713

4 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I said that 2 times.....

Yes, I know, I’m just reacting to the news. We only know about it because you mentioned it. 

I have a bridge to sell you clowns if you think those sets will actually be paid for.

what’s the Wally sku for the iron man poly?

14 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

I have a bridge to sell you clowns if you think those sets will actually be paid for.

what’s the Wally sku for the iron man poly?

That is a cruel prank to play on the seller...he actually started the bid at $60 for the 5 sets, which is actually really good. The clownery came from the bidders ?

1 hour ago, Starboy072 said:

Hey guys, i just wanna know where can i find some Bricktober packs here in the US 

thank you

You can't get them anymore. Your only chance is through either Ebay or Bricklink, but you'll have to pay the big bucks if you want to get it