Klaus-Dieter

Future Star Wars Minifigs

Since the first season of Rebels was literally teeming with Aqualish, Ithorians and Rodians I was really hoping for a Ponda Baba, or at least a generic Aqualish (like they did with the Ithorian Jedi) to customize. Dr. Evazan,Tessek, Zuckuss and the Max Reebo Combo are also high up on my wishlist, and many aliens more - TLG seems to randomly throw out new molds of the more obscure characters (i.e. Ree Yees), so I still have hope.

- Updated Scout Trooper helmets, and Rebel Navy Troopers as well.

- Madine and Cpt. Antilles update

- Dodonna and Bail Organa

- all the Cloud City stuff: Lando, Leia, Han, Luke, Cloud Car Pilot, ect.

- Luke training on Dagobah

- more imperial officer ranks

- it's not a minifig, but I want it sooo much: that Bantha from the 2015 video clip

On 2/16/2017 at 3:18 PM, Tariq j said:

For May 4th, I'd like to see characters like Admiral Yularen - not necessarily major like Han or Luke, but at the same time not generic like a Stormtrooper. I'd like to see Hurst Romodi maybe (given his extended appearance in RO) and possibly Bail Organa.  

I disagree highly. I think there's a wide range of Stormtrooper sub-types we could always use. An Imperial Jet trooper or even something like an Imperial Super Commando. We also should get different Imperial ranks.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:09 PM, Helghan said:

I disagree highly. I think there's a wide range of Stormtrooper sub-types we could always use. An Imperial Jet trooper or even something like an Imperial Super Commando. We also should get different Imperial ranks.

To each their own I guess. I'd also like to see Jet troopers and various other types of Stormtroopers, but for me they'd be better off in Battle Packs where they would be easy to army build as oppose to rare polybags.

I wonder why the distinct lack of a Sidon Ithano minifig. He was one of the more popular TFA designs and even got his own spinoff story and level in TFA's LEGO game.

On 3/29/2017 at 9:16 AM, doclord said:

I wonder why the distinct lack of a Sidon Ithano minifig. He was one of the more popular TFA designs and even got his own spinoff story and level in TFA's LEGO game.

We might get him in a future wave. I don't see it happening unless LEGO releases a companion set to the Battle of Takodana.

Edited by ChristopherLee

I hate being that guy because i'm unbelievably happy we have a Thrawn figure but I desperately hope we get the figures with a corrected rank plaque. 

4 hours ago, Forresto said:

I hate being that guy because i'm unbelievably happy we have a Thrawn figure but I desperately hope we get the figures with a corrected rank plaque. 

I wouldn't mind another version too.

3 days left for that R2-D2 may the fourth promo rumor to be debunked. I like R2 and the model offered but I really prefer getting more obscure characters, or some 2-pack mini-figs like the promo for Lego Batman movie would be awesome.

Imagine getting a Evazan - Ponda Baba combo polybag...

34 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

I wouldn't mind another version too.

3 days left for that R2-D2 may the fourth promo rumor to be debunked. I like R2 and the model offered but I really prefer getting more obscure characters, or some 2-pack mini-figs like the promo for Lego Batman movie would be awesome.

Imagine getting a Evazan - Ponda Baba combo polybag...

Yeah I'll be disappointed if it is R2. My bets have been on an updated celebration Luke figure, but there's plenty of options from ANH that they could've done and I think most would've been satisfied with as long as it wasn't a rehash or another "First Order Heavy Trooper".  

I am going to go out on a limb and say I think the poly bag figure Christopher Lee saw was Ponda Baba.  An OT unreleased figure that people would love to have.  Imho a perfect mini fig to have for the 40th anniversary of ANH.  Had to put that out there.  Sorry to the mods for the speculation.

4 hours ago, Smack said:

I am going to go out on a limb and say I think the poly bag figure Christopher Lee saw was Ponda Baba.  An OT unreleased figure that people would love to have.  Imho a perfect mini fig to have for the 40th anniversary of ANH.  Had to put that out there.  Sorry to the mods for the speculation.

Considering this is the "Future Star Wars Minifigures" thread for speculation, speculate away! 

Brickset hinted R2-D2 buildable polybag was going to be the promo instead of a figure. I sure hope not!

Yes i have seen that.  It is a nice poly bag, and goes right in line with being from ANH.  If true, however, it would be the first year we don't actually get a minifig for the May the 4th promo.  I for one will hold out hope for a minifig.  Plus we are long over due for an Aqualish fig.

I'd love to see a set with Fenn Rau, Gar Saxon, Imperial Super Commandos, and dark saber Sabine. I suppose her brother and mother too, but that'd be asking too much. Here's hoping we get some Mandalorian sets for S4.

It's dawned on me that there will be many characters from the show that we'll probably never see in minifig form. The chance of a Ponda Baba in a rerelease of the cantina is much higher than most TCW and Rebels characters. 

I notice it's already been 3 years since we've gotten our last Ep 3 Anakin(upcoming burned Anakin doesn't count). Kinda long time isn't it? So any chance we'll get updated Anakin next year? Maybe Duel on Mustafar set for 50-60$ to recreate iconic scene from Ep 3? So we could get Nute Gunray, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Wat Tambor and 2 Battle Droids. If Lego does justice to the final duel of ROTS, it will definitely sell well.

The last Yavin IV Rebel Trooper was in 2013...

I want a lot of these. I feel like it was a missed opportunity with Rogue One having none represented in Lego. Heck, a scene with like 5 or six of these and Darth Vader, and you build the hallway where they get slaughtered.... 

I just want Yavin IV Rebel Troopers.

On 4/2/2017 at 4:53 AM, benderisgreat said:

I notice it's already been 3 years since we've gotten our last Ep 3 Anakin(upcoming burned Anakin doesn't count). Kinda long time isn't it? So any chance we'll get updated Anakin next year? Maybe Duel on Mustafar set for 50-60$ to recreate iconic scene from Ep 3? So we could get Nute Gunray, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Wat Tambor and 2 Battle Droids. If Lego does justice to the final duel of ROTS, it will definitely sell well.

There was a reddit post saying Lego should use the Ninjago Movie Lloyd hairpiece. Maybe Lego is waiting for the Ninjago Movie sets to come out so they can use the hairpiece. I think a new Duel on Mustafar will be out soon though.

I'd like a Jedi Guardian, like the ones we see in the clone wars. I think they'd be a cool minifigs with a double yellow light saber and the mask printed kind of like kylo rens printed head. It'd be nice to have a battlepack with a couple and a jedi knight plus Jedi master.

34 minutes ago, FishW said:

I'd like a Jedi Guardian, like the ones we see in the clone wars. I think they'd be a cool minifigs with a double yellow light saber and the mask printed kind of like kylo rens printed head. It'd be nice to have a battlepack with a couple and a jedi knight plus Jedi master.

I'm astonished too that Lego didn't release one or two of them, because they usually release every interesting character holding a lightsaber, Jedi Temple Guards could have come with the Coruscant Police Gunship or in the Yoda Starfighter, but they didn't.

I wish we'll see them soon, maybe in a battlepack with other figs, maybe in a set, there still have interesting stuff to do with TCW. I consider Jedi Temple Guard as the most interesting generic fig too release now with some clone troopers

Next time Lego makes an OT Yoda I would like him to be a different mold, like groot. I think that Yoda should be a little bit bigger than groot though. This could make OT Yoda look more accurate and not have to use the same PT Yoda head. What do you guys think?

8 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Next time Lego makes an OT Yoda I would like him to be a different mold, like groot. I think that Yoda should be a little bit bigger than groot though. This could make OT Yoda look more accurate and not have to use the same PT Yoda head. What do you guys think?

I do not think TLG would go that way and diminish the "playability" of the standard minifig style just for accuracy - and I wonder if it would even look like LEGO anymore or more like one of the countless mini/micro figures of other companies - AND they would then have to go the whole way and make Jawas, Ewoks and such in the same style.

Regarding Jawas I was really hyped when the Simpsons theme came out and I saw that Maggie torso - I was totally sure the next Jawas (Sandcrawler) would use the same mold in brown with printing - no such luck of course...

4 hours ago, Moff Muffins said:

I do not think TLG would go that way and diminish the "playability" of the standard minifig style just for accuracy - and I wonder if it would even look like LEGO anymore or more like one of the countless mini/micro figures of other companies - AND they would then have to go the whole way and make Jawas, Ewoks and such in the same style.

Regarding Jawas I was really hyped when the Simpsons theme came out and I saw that Maggie torso - I was totally sure the next Jawas (Sandcrawler) would use the same mold in brown with printing - no such luck of course...

I think ewoks look fine, but I think Yoda could benefit from a different mold. Maybe if they position his arms in a different way it could fix a few playability issues. They could possibly make his hands hold a lightsaber if they wanted to. Also Yoda didn't really do anything in the OT except lift the x wing and be on Luke's back.

latest?cb=20120118233404

This might be an obscure character, but ever since the Lego Star Wars game I wanted this character to be a minifigure.

Edited by Franklinw1234

27 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

Ah, yes the quacking imperial spy! Yes, add that to my list as well!

I know right :laugh:? He was one of my favorite characters in that game. Maybe we could get him in a cantina/tatooine set. 

Edited by Franklinw1234

Does the Darth Vader coming in the next set (with him, palpatine, and his messed up burned self) come with the helmet that can be taken half off? I still don't have that version of Vader.