Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

On 3/23/2019 at 5:05 PM, MisterBatfleck said:

Is that Zsasz and Firefly to the left of Bane?

And Scarface and Ventriloquist to the right?

That Joker face has to be a misprint, right?

Cause he has 4 eyebrows...

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

That Joker face has to be a misprint, right?

Cause he has 4 eyebrows...

Nope. The Superheroes Joker has *always* had green eyebrows, and then a darker pair to represent hollows around his eyes 

415GtOFt7ZL._AC_SY400_.jpg joker.png?l.r=-21829977

img_0117.jpg?w=351&h=448

You've never noticed that? :wacko:

That's mainly the reason I've wanted a new face for him, something that's more of an updated 06 version.

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Nope. The Superheroes Joker has *always* had green eyebrows, and then a darker pair to represent hollows around his eyes 

I've always thought the darker pair was supposed to be eyelashes or something, because that's what made the most sense to me.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:43 AM, Duncan Young said:

Now I've seen that I can't unsee it :grin:

1 hour ago, BrickBuilder1 said:

TLBM Joker only has one pair though, admittedly a very thick pair at that.

Ah, you see, eventually the Joker's eyebrows merged back into one. An event that broke the Source Wall and resurrected Jason Todd among other things

Does anyone know when these sets are being released? Is it sometime in April? Because if it is, shouldn't we be seeing official images for them?

3 hours ago, BrickBuilder1 said:

Does anyone know when these sets are being released? Is it sometime in April? Because if it is, shouldn't we be seeing official images for them?

No I’m pretty sure it’s June 

4 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Ah, you see, eventually the Joker's eyebrows merged back into one. An event that broke the Source Wall and resurrected Jason Todd among other things

Dr Manhattan at it again 

Another image of Gordon is on one of the usual accounts, and this time his left leg has dodgy printing. Seems like everyone's figure will be very hit and miss

Huh, haven't come across that one, but I did see a picture where the coat-print is printed level on the legs piece, except it's still a bit too low :sceptic:

Hope the majority of the upcoming Gordon figs doesn't have that problem!

Regards,
Mitch

Lego better look into this if it's not an isolated incident, or I expect they're going to get a lot of customer support emails asking for replacement Gordon legs.

3 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Lego better look into this if it's not an isolated incident, or I expect they're going to get a lot of customer support emails asking for replacement Gordon legs.

Honestly. This could be seriously bad for Lego, they better get this figured out quick.

Leaked figures have always had imperfections since they are taken from factories, I’m sure they’ll look a lot better when they’re actually released.

9 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Leaked figures have always had imperfections since they are taken from factories, I’m sure they’ll look a lot better when they’re actually released.

Nah. They won't.

Aren't you the optimist :wacko:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the Mr. Freeze from the upcoming set. Even though I just BL'd the parts to make my own preferred version (B:TAS design) :grin:

Regards,
Mitch

Looking at the new sets, I think they're a bit of a mixed bag.

The Batcave looks like a really sweet display piece (although I'm guessing the price is going to be a bit higher than I'd like).

I don't really care for the Batwing or Batmobile sets, they just seem a bit blocky and uninteresting even though they are really nice nostalgiabate.

The Mr. Freeze set seems pretty decent, but I've already got other versions of most of those figures so I'll probably pass on it.

The 4+ sets are both whatever. I might pick up the Arkham one for the green castle pieces but otherwise they're pretty clearly not aimed at me.

Overall not a bad wave. It's definitely more interesting than the last one in terms of builds, but still nothing really grabs me.

Edited by shadefoundry

I think the Riddler Helicopter and Batcave sets look very good, and have a great selection of minifigures. I like the layout and look of the Batcave, especially the inclusion of some trophy objects (the Dino, The penny). Two-Face is a nice diversion from past LEGO variants.

However, these seems very tried and true. The Batcave, batmobile, Batwing, even the Tunbler with a fin. We got most of these just 2 years ago with The lego Batman movie, and most of the characters are nothing new. While the sets generally look good, very little is jumping out at me.