Falconfan1414

James Bond 2018

I love the idea of a Bond car and maybe it's just me but I like the "plainness" for lack of a better term, of the creator cars. They're not really attached to anything(Franchise wise) and it's why I like them so much. I'm not a fan of Licensed sets (except car brands). I think this will be the first car, if it falls in the Creator Expert line that is licensed to more than just the car brand. 

I'd be surprised (and disappointed) if it wasn't the DB5, it's by far the most iconic Bond vehicle* and would seem to have a bit more "play" value than the more modern Aston Martin's, which have toned down the gadgets a bit.

*Well that isn't a Lotus Esprit!

I just hope it has that extendable spinning axle thing, with the shredder bit on the end it. I think there are several LEGO elements that could represent it just fine. 

14 hours ago, SheldonF said:

I think this will be the first car, if it falls in the Creator Expert line that is licensed to more than just the car brand. 

It sure will be an interesting one. If they don't do the James Bond branding, it will fail to attract James Bond fans. If they do, it won't feel like real a Creator set.

8 hours ago, MAB said:

It sure will be an interesting one. If they don't do the James Bond branding, it will fail to attract James Bond fans. If they do, it won't feel like real a Creator set.

Yeah they'll have to give that dilemma at least a nanosecond's thought...:wink:

9 hours ago, MAB said:

Maybe so, if nothing else though, it would render the whole Twitter thing pointless, which I am sure was very well planned. 

I do agree though, it won't really be like a normal 3 in 1 Creator set, after all what would the other two models be. 

Edited by Johnny1360
Added some stuff

4 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I do agree though, it won't really be like a normal 3 in 1 Creator set, after all what would the other two models be. 

Creator Expert sets never have alternative builds to begin with, as this presumably wouldn't be a typical Three-In-One set, if it is indeed Creator branded.

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Creator Expert sets never have alternative builds to begin with, as this presumably wouldn't be a typical Three-In-One set, if it is indeed Creator branded.

Yes, that is what I meant, thanks for clarifying. 

please no. we do NOT need adult themes here, thank you very much. (i haven;t actually seen the movies, but it seems adult enough)

I think lego just needs to continue and improve the already popular themes, and cut off the lesser ones. Maybe expand into some kid-friendly themes they haven't yet. but this goes a little bit too far... 

5 hours ago, meepinater said:

please no. we do NOT need adult themes here, thank you very much. (i haven;t actually seen the movies, but it seems adult enough)

I think lego just needs to continue and improve the already popular themes, and cut off the lesser ones. Maybe expand into some kid-friendly themes they haven't yet. but this goes a little bit too far... 

Adult themes? What, you mean like in Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Ninjago etc. :hmpf:

Yet funnily enough there you are on the other thread enthusiastically advocating for a Dr Who CMF line that's never going to happen for many reasons (the best reason you said yourself, "cutting off the lesser ones"). You and Dalekbuster should start a counselling group :tongue:

Anyway, it's not like we're getting sets of a Connery minifig on a table with a red light brick "laser" slicing him in two or a dead-eyed gold painted girl minifig (those are Goldfinger scenes by the way, you really should watch it you know, it's a classic).

No, all Lego have teased and all we're just talking about is a possibly gadget-accessorised vehicle that happens to be one of the most beautiful and iconic cars ever produced (google it as assume you're not familiar with that either). What's wrong with that?

Edited by Lucarex

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

How many pieces would everyone desire for a bond vehicle?

Minimum 1400+ based on other Expert Creator vehicle models.

7 hours ago, meepinater said:

You've just posted German soldier decals in MCW, is that not adult themed?

James Bond movies are not adult themes, any more than a car is. Most have been PG or PG-13 for USA, so maybe not suitable for pre-teens but fine for older children.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

James Bond movies are not adult themes, any more than a car is. Most have been PG or PG-13 for USA, so maybe not suitable for pre-teens but fine for older children.

Yeah I was going comment the same thing, then I reread it and just assumed it was Flame Bait, same as the one in the DW thread. I mean after all many pages have been dedicated to that very aspect of the James Bond Theme, thought that was already discussed Ad nauseam.  Perhaps he couldn't be bothered with reading it. 

I do hope we hear something soon, as usual my expectations are high and I don't really care to be dissapointed. I keep adding more and more features in my head that I know won't be included. 

7 hours ago, MAB said:

like i said, i didn't watch them. i'm not allowed to watch most pg-13 movies...

my apologies, i was being somewhat hypocritical. sorry!

10 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Adult themes? What, you mean like in Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Ninjago etc. :hmpf:

Yet funnily enough there you are on the other thread enthusiastically advocating for a Dr Who CMF line that's never going to happen for many reasons (the best reason you said yourself, "cutting off the lesser ones"). You and Dalekbuster should start a counselling group :tongue:

Anyway, it's not like we're getting sets of a Connery minifig on a table with a red light brick "laser" slicing him in two or a dead-eyed gold painted girl minifig (those are Goldfinger scenes by the way, you really should watch it you know, it's a classic).

No, all Lego have teased and all we're just talking about is a possibly gadget-accessorised vehicle that happens to be one of the most beautiful and iconic cars ever produced (google it as assume you're not familiar with that either). What's wrong with that?

i guess my experience in that type of movie gave me this position. i've heard of (and seen) similar movies that have more profanity in 5 minutes than my whole family uses in one day.

also, how many other movies have gadgetized cars? isn't it almost every single one? maybe this is the first one. 

1 hour ago, meepinater said:

li guess my experience in that type of movie gave me this position. i've heard of (and seen) similar movies that have more profanity in 5 minutes than my whole family uses in one day.

also, how many other movies have gadgetized cars? isn't it almost every single one? maybe this is the first one. 

There's very little (if any) profanity in the Bond movies, it gets into some tongue in cheek double entendres and the attitude to women (particularly in the older films) is horribly dated but the films themselves were frequently Saturday afternoon pre-watershed entertainment in the UK without any editing. 

And pretty much every gadget-laden car is inspired by the Aston Martin from Goldfinger.

Edited by AndyC

12 minutes ago, AndyC said:

There's very little (if any) profanity in the Bond movies, it gets into some tongue in cheek double entendres and the attitude to women (particularly in the older films) is horribly dated but the films themselves were frequently Saturday afternoon pre-watershed entertainment in the UK without any editing. 

And pretty much every gadget-laden car is inspired by the Aston Martin from Goldfinger.

yeah, that makes sense. (about everything)

isn't the golden gun from james bond? i'd love to see a lego version of that. maybe a pearl gold stud shooter?

On 6/26/2018 at 9:25 PM, meepinater said:

What's wrong with adult themes?

13 hours ago, meepinater said:

Prrrrrobably not something you should mention on an adult forum. Aside from punctuation, you seem fine, though. Just keep that on the DL.

15 hours ago, meepinater said:

I'm going to assume you can't watch them because you're too young. I've seen members have to take a break for admitting they're that young. As rob-ot500 stated above as long as you don't ACT like you're that young you should be fine.

Many kids, even those not old enough to watch a PG-13 movie, and adults like cool cars.  The DB5 is a cool car, especially after having some gadgets added by Q.  I bet it sells quite well.

16 hours ago, meepinater said:

Site guidelines.

Age: Eurobricks is a site intended for an adult audience, which for the purpose of these guidelines are people of around the age of 18 or greater. We reserve the right to ban anyone who does not meet that requirement. Posting that you are not an adult is a quick way to be banned. If you choose to ignore these guidelines and sign up anyway, it is not our responsibility if you are offended by what you read or see.

It is not a good idea to complain things are too adult if you are under 13. James Bond movies are not adult movies, so if LEGO did want to make sets based on them, then is no more a problem with that license than any other license such as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, the Super Hero franchises, etc.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

Site guidelines.

Age: Eurobricks is a site intended for an adult audience, which for the purpose of these guidelines are people of around the age of 18 or greater. We reserve the right to ban anyone who does not meet that requirement. Posting that you are not an adult is a quick way to be banned. If you choose to ignore these guidelines and sign up anyway, it is not our responsibility if you are offended by what you read or see.

It is not a good idea to complain things are too adult if you are under 13. James Bond movies are not adult movies, so if LEGO did want to make sets based on them, then is no more a problem with that license than any other license such as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, the Super Hero franchises, etc.

I'm not under 13... I'm over it. and talking to everybody else that replied... I can handle this! as you have probably seen... The capitalization is the only thing here, but sometimes i am in a rush... anyways... is the golden gun in james bond? I hope they don't use a pearl gold stud shooter...

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

He could be 30 and special needs.  Let’s go with that.

trust, me i'm not 30. I also don't have special needs. let's just put it this way... i don't CHOOSE to watch most pg-13 movies. I am not a big fan of excess profanity.