37 minutes ago, 1gor said:

This one indeed looks a bit wider overall (both front and rear)

17JCB8330.jpg

I do not know anything about tractors so... why this insignificant difference between wheels?, just use 4 of the same, it seems to me more logical but I do not work for JCB. The tractor is beautiful anyway.

1 minute ago, jorgeopesi said:

I do not know anything about tractors so... why this insignificant difference between wheels?, just use 4 of the same, it seems to me more logical but I do not work for JCB. The tractor is beautiful anyway.

Usually it is easier turning with smaller front wheel; in my case 95mm tractor tire on 56 x 34 wheel racing medium would be perfect to represent 650/65R34 (like on picture) which is mounting on 2208mm wide front axle giving 2850mm (2208 + 650) overall width at the front axle and rear is 900/50R42 also 2900mm wide.

4 equal size tires is no go for Fastrac 8 series (and 4 series is very heavy when I built it)

1 minute ago, 1gor said:

Usually it is easier turning with smaller front wheel; in my case 95mm tractor tire on 56 x 34 wheel racing medium would be perfect to represent 650/65R34 (like on picture) which is mounting on 2208mm wide front axle giving 2850mm (2208 + 650) overall width at the front axle and rear is 900/50R42 also 2900mm wide.

4 equal size tires is no go for Fastrac 8 series (and 4 series is very heavy when I built it)

Thank you I did not know it. 

4 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

Thank you I did not know it. 

No problem. Every detail has its reason, so when there are 4 equal size wheels articulated steering is better solution.

Kind regards 

Little update for the weekend; cab, rear mudguards and rear axle (inclooding pto and drawbar) are finished. Next is the most challenging part - the engine bonnet. As you can see there are lots of small parts used on sides and lots of technic connectors used on rear mudguards ...

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by 1gor

Wow it's been awhile since I visited this forum and you did a lot of great work. Nice progress all around and like you i'm pretty pleased with Lego adding more tractor tyres to their assortment. 

I unfortunately slipped back into a dark age and don't see myself coming out of it soon. As much as I love lego the prices are just too much for me at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, Sjoemie himself said:

I unfortunately slipped back into a dark age and don't see myself coming out of it soon. As much as I love lego the prices are just too much for me at the moment. 

It is very easy to slip back in dark age thanks to artificial crises that pop-up every few years. For last project (1:18 Fastrac 8330) I'm waiting for few plates to finish it and then I'll post completed model. Next I'll probably go for telahandler overhaul but first there would be some rest...

Not just Lego prices, all prices went from bad to worse thanks to speculators... I hope that despite all complications you are ok, no health problems etc.

Kind regards 

1 hour ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Wow it's been awhile since I visited this forum and you did a lot of great work. Nice progress all around and like you i'm pretty pleased with Lego adding more tractor tyres to their assortment. 

Thank you; I would welcome additional 2 dimensions of tractor tires; 68 x 30 and specially 94 x 38 to enable all possible agriculture machinery to be replicated without need to "modify" existing tires.

Finally 1:18 JCB Fastrac 8330 is finished, but let pictures speak for themselves...

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

2 minutes ago, GerritvdG said:

Nice!!! Cool angled engine cover.

Thank you; it is developed from 4220 model that I made in 1:15 scale. I needed about 6 month for bonnet on 1:15 JCB Fastrac 4220 :wacko: but for this one only one morning (it is cooler in the morning)

...and for this one first disappointment was that Zetros tires were only 35mm thin (I was hoping for 38mm to fill them with 81.6 balloon tire and stretch over wheel 56 x 34 to gain bigger diameter). So I needed to think how to stretch Zetros tire to (at least 87mm) and only way was to put old 24 x 43 mm tire inside Zetros tire and on wheel racing small.

13 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

Nice one do not forget to show us a video with all its features :thumbup: .

Second this!

Very cool build :-)

@jorgeopesi and @Jundis to make a video I would need new equipment which is expensive as used car, so I'll keep building old fashioned way...about features:

- drive 2 L motors with 20-28 (central differential) and 12 to 28 reduction (at differentials on axles)

- steering 1 servo motor 

- front pto - m - motor 

- rear pto - m - motor 

No fancy things; the only thing that I can improve is to make a bit stiffer part where engine hood is connected to chassis...

Gentlemen to be honest this is the first time that I have only 2 complains to my own build - (perhaps) not stiff enough connection point between front and middle chassis part and missing 94mm tractor tires.

JCB Loadall 560-80 overhaul was started today and currently I only managed to make rough chassis construction as you can see here.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

...and with mounted tires...

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Any comments are welcome. Chassis construction (and so far boom) has some similarities with gorgeous :wub: Claas scorpion by @eric trax 

...only it has 19 studs wheelbase to fit 1:18 scale

Edited by 1gor

Easier part is done (battery box placement and hood),

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

next is to see what solution I need for cab...

35 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Nice job on the grill!

Thank you. :sweet:

Hello Igor

Firstly, nice work on the 8330. It’s recognisable from all angles, it looks great.

The Loadall’s coming along nicely. I like the way you’ve done the engine cover. Looking forward to some more pics as the build progresses.

48 minutes ago, grum64 said:

Hello Igor

Firstly, nice work on the 8330. It’s recognisable from all angles, it looks great.

The Loadall’s coming along nicely. I like the way you’ve done the engine cover. Looking forward to some more pics as the build progresses.

Thank you very much Clive :sweet:

Speaking of Loadall, today afternoon there were few hours available (in shadow since there was 38°C today) and after some recalculations I found out that engine cover should be 2 studs longer (one stud to front and rear), so I have made some adaptations to it as you can see here (sorry for bad photo, but my mobile phone has very limited range of light angle to give nice photos)...

800x600.jpg

...and I have finished stairs and integrated 2 receivers out of 3 inside...credit to @steph77 and his beautiful excavator that has similar receivers arrangement

800x600.jpg

(Light bluish gray frame is only as reference how high seat should be mounted in comparison to wheelbase line)

Glad you like it.

Kind regards 

As you can see I have started working on boom (had to change setup to L-shape liftarms since technic triangle didn't work :hmpf_bad:)

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

It has been a while since i had a time to touch my Lego...and found earler assembled front axle for one project that needed reduction hubs. It has some similarities with one that is under hyperlink that @functionalTechnic posted few days ago. Since it is "my" tread, I'll post images here:

800x600.jpg

800x1067.jpg

800x600.jpg

I hope for some time to make chassis and rear axle to test it and see if it is stiff enough to be implemented...

Edited by 1gor

On 12/1/2022 at 7:43 PM, 1gor said:

t has been a while since i had a time to touch my Lego...and found earler assembled front axle for one project that needed reduction hubs. It has some similarities with one that is under hyperlink that @functionalTechnic posted few days ago. Since it is "my" tread, I'll post images here:

Hi, did you publish this axle somewhere before. I don't know whether the other guy developped the axle himself. Anyhow, it seems to me to be a awsome concept to implement the hugs at a 11 wide axle between the tires. For me it seems important to use the follwoing triangular geometry: 4 studs for the opposite side of the triangle (between hub and differential), 5 studs for the adjacent of the triangel (between axle of the differential and the frame and 6 studs for the diagonal with the ball joint holder. 

2 hours ago, functionalTechnic said:

Hi, did you publish this axle somewhere before. I don't know whether the other guy developped the axle himself. Anyhow, it seems to me to be a awsome concept to implement the hugs at a 11 wide axle between the tires. For me it seems important to use the follwoing triangular geometry: 4 studs for the opposite side of the triangle (between hub and differential), 5 studs for the adjacent of the triangel (between axle of the differential and the frame and 6 studs for the diagonal with the ball joint holder. 

it is on my bricksafe folder for a while and it was on my Google drive (until I upload it to bricksafe).

It uses Pythagorean theorem principle