SO hello everyone, i m kind a new here but i ll try to enter with a lot of sound :DDDD

Project that i m excited to start right now as you saw from this post title is McLaren P1.

Main features for now that i m planning to make is:

- Rear wheel drive

-4 speed transmision, i think i ll be using Sariel's one

-working fake engine

-hood, bonet, doors openable

-reatractive rear spoiler

rfbrywmx2sswrg1kor11c.jpg

-ofcourse i ll use PF in my plans is to try to make it with one buwizz, but i dont think it will be possible, i have sbrick too but that wont help much

So right here i ll be posting news about progress

(Some photos to those who didnt know how this beauty looks)flat,800x800,070,f.u5.jpg

I do like McLarens a lot, but I was hoping to see some progress as LEGO model. 

In the future, try to post some progress of the model, not just announcements about what's coming.

So... What scale is it gonna be in? What wheels are you using? Do you have any axle designs yet?

It's a tough one all around to replicate, front, back, door mechanism.  And then there is the adjustable ride height that you could try to fit in at 1:8 scale.  I will be interested to follow your build.  What are you starting it off with?

Can you not post a thread before you have progress photos please? It’s really annoying having to filter through this kinda stuff

Good luck with shapes!

It would've been nice to have at least some scaling pictures, or some 4 wheels as for Lego official chiron teasers.

So i m very sorry about my last post without any actual progress i learned my lesson, and now i wana show what i ve done so far, actually its not very much progress cause i have a bit bussy week but i did what i could in few days.

Rear axle:

I dont know for me it looks a bit too wide so i need your opinions?

https://flic.kr/p/25uv5UG

Gearbox"

Just a simple prototype 4 Speed gearbox

https://flic.kr/p/23Qcr8W

Given the size of the wheels, the axle is too wide, yes.

What scale are you after? Do you have any info on the size of the real car? It can help tremendously if at least you know

• length of the car
  • width of the car
  • height of the car
  • size of the wheels (radius/diameter)
  • distance between the axles (wheel base)

Then, using the Lego wheels and the size of the actual wheels, you can calculate the scale, and using that you can calculate the size in studs to aim for.

4 hours ago, LithuanianTF said:

Rear axle:

It's much too wide.

640x324.jpg

use scaler.sariel.pl

Edited by Jurss

2 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Given the size of the wheels, the axle is too wide, yes.

What scale are you after? Do you have any info on the size of the real car? It can help tremendously if at least you know

• length of the car
  • width of the car
  • height of the car
  • size of the wheels (radius/diameter)
  • distance between the axles (wheel base)

Then, using the Lego wheels and the size of the actual wheels, you can calculate the scale, and using that you can calculate the size in studs to aim for.

I m rebuilding rear axle right now soon, upload a photo of it :)

You can embed Your photos

41016656264_b453b190c5_z_d.jpg

In flickr there is download options, different sizes are offered, use to 640, just right clikck on the needed size link, then "copy link" un paste here

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

I assume you mean

Of course, there are also other usefull tools - wheel sizes, gear ratio calculator.

So i rebuild my P1 rear axle and made it a litle bit narrower. Few studs. Honestly i cant imagine how can i make it more compact. If you have good ideas plz post it.

41022772024_6e6241bf94_z_d.jpg40841333195_5f4cebd2d5_z_d.jpg

8 hours ago, LithuanianTF said:

So i rebuild my P1 rear axle and made it a litle bit narrower. Few studs. Honestly i cant imagine how can i make it more compact. If you have good ideas plz post it.

Looks great

What us the role of the linkage with the wedge belt wheels, 6L links and ball joint parts? What does that linkage do?

I am guessing they are going to works as brakes. I also see some pulleys at the wheels, which is the same thing my Sheepo cars with brakes have as well.

On 4/28/2018 at 3:22 AM, Erik Leppen said:

What us the role of the linkage with the wedge belt wheels, 6L links and ball joint parts? What does that linkage do?

I am pretty sure it is a anti roll bar. They go only up, or only down at once.

31 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I am pretty sure it is a anti roll bar. They go only up, or only down at once.

I thought that too, but they are brakes. If you look closely the liftarms on the side (top in the pic) are pulled in when the axle is rotated. The disc parts at the wheels are part of the brakes. A rubber connected the liftarms I mentioned (probably) has a rubber part which creates friction with the discs which acts as brake. 

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

I thought that too, but they are brakes. If you look closely the liftarms on the side (top in the pic) are pulled in when the axle is rotated. The disc parts at the wheels are part of the brakes. A rubber connected the liftarms I mentioned (probably) has a rubber part which creates friction with the discs which acts as brake. 

Yes its definitaly brakes, you are right :D

43343712521_042f310125_z.jpg29473591958_b80d7f550a_z.jpg42626651564_8a334cb911_z.jpg

So after a bit more than 2 months of silence, i finally able to post an update on this topic, not much progress, but still i m kind a proud to see what i did until now. So changes from last time is already builded working front axle, and made a place for gearbox (this thing will take a while to build, cause i will be trying to do it 100% myself without any help and i m not good at it)

So thats it for this time, hope you like it, leave your opinions below!