Sir Stig

Winners announced - Musicians Talent Fair [Mini-Challenge]

Aww, no more entries. Quite a shame. :sceptic:

@Sir Stig

Just asking here: when can we expect the results? If it was before coming Sunday, I would like to include them in the upcoming WTCM. :thumbup:

Edited by Drunknok

An MCTC representative hauled his body up to one of the center stages that had yet to be dismantled. He flipped his tophat over to the other side in an attempt to straighten it up. A stool left by one of the singer songwriter served as an inpromptu speaking podium. "Excjuse me... I ahve an anointment, no that's not right, I have an announcement to make. The Golden Bard of Bardo....."

He let the suspense hang in the air for a moment. 

"..is yet to be determined.

The judging process are in progress. Some of the judges are reported to have been spotted on a Musicians Talent Fair afterparty, as late as 20 minutes ago, by me. It may still be an ongoing afterparty. Okay.... it was me. Yay! The party never stops! Wigglewigglewiggle... (he tried to shake his body, but fails miserably)

The judging process will continue when I wake up, after the siesta. Oh no, tomorrow is the party to celebrate all the carpenters, merchants, chefs, waiters, decorateurs, trade ships, pilot cutters, tavern owners, beer brewers, and everyone that have participated in supporting the Musicians Talent Fair. Cheers to you! And with the current heatwave here, I currently survive by staying in the shadow and getting enough liquid. And water is sparse. Appreciate your participation to making the Musicians Talent Fair a recurring success. Now, my friend Raol, wants to say a few words". The MCTC representative zigzagged towards the other end of the stage and graciously fell off it.

"I am Raol, I will be your guide for tonight. We hope you enjoy your stay in Bardo. As we say: We hope you like it, and you can stay as long as you like it. Dramatic pause for laughter. Oh I was not supposed to read that out loud." The crowd laughed and you could see Raols satisfaction on his eyes. He had worked long with that one. "There are still leftover meats, snacks and spirit, now at a discount price, so feel free to expand your vacation here on An Toli. Explore Bardo River or the Bardine Creek. Rumor has it that there is a secret to be found on Colt's Island to the south. Delve into the jungles in one of the earliest colonized islands of the Brick Seas. Relax in one of the fresh water mountain basins. Still unsoiled by the masses. A genuine experience awaits. Explorer kits and rations for sale in the marketplace. Say MTF in any of the MCTC approved stalls to get a 10% discount, valid today and tomorrow! The town hall will stay open for mingling among those that seek to establish or improve business relations."

Another merchant chants in as Raols introduction fades off: "Mining tools for sale! Dig deep for our deluxe mining proffesional grate and shovel, and discover the money pit! Free sack for gold, all natural linen, with every purchase of more than 10 Db!"

Those still present in Bardo hear a faint voice over the melody from a flute, whispering words that seems like wisdom, but only the end of the verse are tangible "The spirit of Bardo are awakened once again. The Golden Bard Returned" There are no visible musicians on the streets. A cold summer breeze sweeps the heat of the moment. And.... CUT!

OOC: musikkfest/fete la musique are coming up the next couple of weekends in a lot of major cities around the world. A celebration of the love of music, free entry, public concerts. Don't miss it if you are in the  vicinity of one. I don't remember which date it is elsewhere, but in Oslo it is always the first saturday of june.

...anyway, the judging process will probably be ready in about a weeks time, I guess.

This may be a learning experience with Eslandolan culture (and paperwork process(es)). #summer mode

Edited by Sir Stig

12 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

@Sir Stig

Pssst has the commitiee revived from their drunken festivities? Theres a small crowd gathered awaiting the results.

Indeed, and they have brought pitchforks and torches. :devil:

Edited by Drunknok

12 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

No we said bring tuning forks and horses .... Blasted messenger 

Horses? There might be some parts stuck between my teeth...

To keep this remotely on topic:

ODE TO THE HORSE

Oh horse - we love thee,

thy taste and munchy.

Ador'ble thy meat,

hence our wish to eat.

Oh horse - we'll guzzle,

from hoof to muzzle,

your every wart,

not sparing a part.

Oh horse - be devoured,

t' our bellies detoured.

For nothing be good,

but end up as food.

Well @Mesabi, right to the WTC songbook with this one? :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Sir Stig said:

The judging process is nearing completion.

Must have been one hell of a party! :pir-grin:

Some of the judges were seen drunkenly staggering into the Music Festival offices yesterday, judging slips filled out and in hand. Final results should be known soon.

Now sit down right here, take a sip of Weelonds best luke warm beer, while we tell tales of drunkenness and cruelty.

In other words, the results are in. In other words, we have some winners to announce.

In Category 1 - Preparations for the festival

The Winner is....

[drumroll]

Roadmonkeytj (100Db)

Runner-up: Drunknok (50Db)

I hope you have enjoyed these summer time festivities in Bardo, that you got to see An Tolis rivers with jumping fish, and the MCTC Royal Cotton Factory where the cotton is high.

In Category 2 - Performance

The Winner is....

[drumroll]

Roadmonkeytj (100Db)

Runner-up: Drunknok (50Db)

There is no shame to be poor. But it's no great honor either! So we will see what you have done with your fortunes in

Category 3 - Social outreach

The Winner is....

[drumroll]

Roadmonkeytj (100Db)

Runner-up: Agent Kallus (50Db)

Now that everyone have heard the music and felt the wind, it is time to crown the 

The Golden Bard of Bardo

who have brought us serenades from the stars,

are....

[drumroll] 

[more drumroll]

Roadmonkeytj

Congratulations!  Now head off to the Inn, where your Innkeeper friend wants to name a drink after you (sorry for this reference)

And

AT LAAAAAST....,

Every entry submitted will receive 10DBs. Those that have licensed their builds must inform of this in this thread within 2 weeks, within 22nd of June, and they will receive an additional 15 DBs.

Oh, and a warm thank you to the other judges @Capt Wolf and @Elostirion. It was not their fault that it took some time before the results were ready. It was mine. All mine! Mwuahhahahah :)

@Roadmonkeytj, @Drunknok, @Agent Kallus, @Bart, @SpaceJoey86

Edited by Sir Stig

Wow the golden bard I feel quite honored.

If the grand city of bardo wishes they can licence the stage as their own (or tear it down).

Congrats to you as well @Drunknok, @Agent Kallus I enjoyed your entries as well.

Special thanks to @Drunknok as your questions about the hinged baseplate is what gave me the idea to build the campsite lol.

And a thank you to the judging panel @Sir Stig, @Capt Wolf, @Elostirion

Hopefully this can be a new semi-bi-annual tradition (or once a year for those currently scratching their heads) so lets not skip next year. 

14 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Hopefully this can be a new semi-bi-annual tradition (or once a year for those currently scratching their heads) so lets not skip next year. 

Aye! Just keep the judges sober and away from the parties next time! :pir-grin:

@SpaceJoey86 hahaha hilarious.  Nice challenge and congratz to the winners. It was fun checking out all of your entries, I keep regretting finding the BotBS so late ?

13 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Nice challenge and congratz to the winners. It was fun checking out all of your entries, I keep regretting finding the BotBS so late ?

I do know the feeling all too well, but rest assured: there will be new ones. The second main challenge is right around the corner, and later this summer there should be this years New Terra Soccer Cup. Many of us are looking forward to both. :thumbup: