letsbuild

[LB-X18] Collaboration/Group Project

6 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Alright, checking in again.

@KikoTube, @Aventador2004, is your job here done?

@Didumos69, How's the framework going? do you think you're done?

@IA creations, Have you finalized the engine?

@BrickbyBrickTechnic, I need you to finish up that gearbox, bud!

@Offroadcreat1ons, how are the doors?

@TechnicRCRacer, could you start on the adjustable rear wing, please?

@Jeroen Ottens, any new progress on the body?

Finally, I still need an interior designer!

Like I wrote, I am waiting for the gearbox, before I want to move on (and doors would also help ;)

14 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Alright, checking in again.

@KikoTube, @Aventador2004, is your job here done?

@IA creations, Have you finalized the engine?

@BrickbyBrickTechnic, I need you to finish up that gearbox, bud!

@Offroadcreat1ons, how are the doors?

@TechnicRCRacer, could you start on the adjustable rear wing, please?

@Jeroen Ottens, any new progress on the body?

Finally, I still need an interior designer!

If i dont need to change more things im done. 

16 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I believe so, unless there are doubts.

2 hours ago, KikoTube said:

If i dont need to change more things im done. 

Alright, so you're on standby.

9 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Like I wrote, I am waiting for the gearbox, before I want to move on (and doors would also help ;)

That's right, I forgot about that.

I have created iteration 1 of the adjustable rear wing:

LXF

The piece on the back is a dummy for the mini LA. I am having problems with the new update, so it uses different colors. The red axle in the middle of the chassis can be connected to the HoG adjustment point, wherever @Didumos69 wants to put it. 

P.S. I can't find the 9L beam in LDD! Where is it?

@Offroadcreat1ons 

The wing door seems to work alright, but remember that there is a limited area that you can use due to the wheels when turned. I know it's not the right wheel but the diameter is the same as the one you're designing for.

Also, the amount it opens is determined by the two ½x2L beams as they touch each other when the door is opened (You can get a gist of that in the gif below)

4c0f60e6fa.jpg

9adb368135.jpg

28829d93cd.png

bece57b693.gif

@TechnicRCRacer

The spoiler is a different story. Either a 4-point system won't work or you will have to redesign it. I needed to put a spacer in with the LA at the bottom so that it wouldn't slide on the axle.

Otherwise it's quite solid, it looks weak but it's not.

First is a picture of the superpositions. Note that the LA is longer than the fixings and will extend backwards if raised too much. This causes the 12t bevel gear to catch on the black rack at the bottom.

2ad1013e71.jpg

c6620a43ce.gif

Edited by Carsten Svendsen

4 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

P.S. I can't find the 9L beam in LDD! Where is it?

Go to: View->New theme->LDD Extended. Now you have more parts on the palette, but only one color. You can switch colors at the bottom of the palette.

On 4/25/2018 at 12:41 AM, letsbuild said:

I'm certainly not done. I'm also waiting for the gearbox to be able continue. I could do some work on supporting the bodywork better, like @Jeroen Ottens asked, but based on the building experience of @Carsten Svendsen the parts that are supposed to support the fender-flex-axles are too close to the wheels. Perhaps @Jeroen Ottens could try to resolve that part of the bodywork before the gearbox arrives?

Edited by Didumos69

10 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:
3 hours ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

The wing door seems to work alright, but remember that there is a limited area that you can use due to the wheels when turned. I know it's not the right wheel but the diameter is the same as the one you're designing for.

Also, the amount it opens is determined by the two ½x2L beams as they touch each other when the door is opened (You can get a gist of that in the gif below)

@Offroadcreat1ons, if you would use different parts for the hinge, you could bring the hinge closer to the door, which would make the door more stable. It also allows the hinge (the bent liftarms) to move a stud upwards, which would make the door move less forward when it opens. That would avoid the door from colliding with the wheels when turned. It's up to you.

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

3 hours ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

The spoiler is a different story.

Could these> 11478.png be used instead of the 5L beams?

Thank you @Carsten Svendsen.

I appreciate your modifications @Didumos69, I will test them and see what to use.

15 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Perhaps @Jeroen Ottens could try to resolve that part of the bodywork before the gearbox arrives?

I agree, and think that I should wait for the fenders to be completed before I finalize the doors.

12 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Fixed it earlier than I expected. It was a simple fix with only a few parts. Try it now!
The original link has been updated.

Oh I see how you want to fix it. Why not just use the 4x4 bent liftarms then? Not steep enough or? Also, you would need to fix down those "new simple parts fix" because it's still pivoting.

Here is an update of the bodywork. I have lowered the attachment points of the front wheelarches. It looks like a 19L flexaxle will work. I also changed the attachment points so that the frontwheels have more room to steer. It has a lot of floating panels, so it can't be real life tested. I am personally not too sure about the rear paneling in terms of overall styling. It may be too McLaren-ish/Audi compared to the front... What do you think?

LB-X18%20-%20dev%20-%20JO%202.lxf.png

LB-X18%20-%20dev%20-%20JO%202_2.png

The LXF file can be found here.

Things to do:
- Fixate front panels
- Fixate rear panels
- Finish rest of bodywork

Leg godt

Jeroen

I'm not a fan of the wheel arches. You might have to redesign that whole panel on the front so that it gives a more natural curvature to help the look of the 19L flexaxle.

Also, I cannot testbuild it if you aren't going to fix the bodywork to anything.

Thirdly, having a removeable bodywork that would come off in just a few seperate pieces would be cool, but not a requirement.

2 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I assume just bodywork progress.

I am still waiting for feedback on the rear paneling...

On 4/27/2018 at 4:55 AM, Carsten Svendsen said:

I'm not a fan of the wheel arches. You might have to redesign that whole panel on the front so that it gives a more natural curvature to help the look of the 19L flexaxle.

Also, I cannot testbuild it if you aren't going to fix the bodywork to anything.

Thirdly, having a removeable bodywork that would come off in just a few seperate pieces would be cool, but not a requirement.

What about this?

Hello everyone.

First and foremost, I feel like I owe everyone working on this project an apology. I have been meaning to complete this gearbox for weeks now, however, I have not been able to find the time to do so. I have been traveling a lot lately, and with work becoming more intense I have not had time to think of building. I should have thought of this when committing to this project, and it's clear that I have not done my part. I'm sorry.

Now for the gearbox. I believe the spec called for a 4-speed. I apologize if this looks like one of @Didumos69's gearboxes in terms of layout, but, I mean, his gearbox is really the master of simplicity when a central differential is needed. I do not yet have a shifter, but what is presented should be enough to let the integrator add the 'box. Shifter soon, I promise.

Note: The 24z clutch gear, the red axle 2l connector, and the grey 16z clutch gear represent the center diff, and therefore the 2 axles protruding are the inputs. (I do not own one myself). This is visible in the first pic.

IMG_8829IMG_8830IMG_8831IMG_8834IMG_8835IMG_8836

On 05/05/2018 at 3:21 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Hello everyone.

First and foremost, I feel like I owe everyone working on this project an apology. I have been meaning to complete this gearbox for weeks now, however, I have not been able to find the time to do so. I have been traveling a lot lately, and with work becoming more intense I have not had time to think of building. I should have thought of this when committing to this project, and it's clear that I have not done my part. I'm sorry.

Now for the gearbox. I believe the spec called for a 4-speed. I apologize if this looks like one of @Didumos69's gearboxes in terms of layout, but, I mean, his gearbox is really the master of simplicity when a central differential is needed. I do not yet have a shifter, but what is presented should be enough to let the integrator add the 'box. Shifter soon, I promise.

Note: The 24z clutch gear, the red axle 2l connector, and the grey 16z clutch gear represent the center diff, and therefore the 2 axles protruding are the inputs. (I do not own one myself). This is visible in the first pic.

:snip:

Thank you for building a gearbox, how long should we wait for you te get the shifter in too?