AFOL SF

Instructions To Build ALL 30 Models Of The Lego Hobby Train (10183)

Thanks. I just found it a little bit ago. Looks like a similar reg edit fix. It worked. Now I'm back to where I should be (also after attempting a few system restores before finding the fix). What a pain!

In regard to these instructions, I was looking for them the other day and since LEGO changed their site, it looks like they took them off.

I'll check your Brickshelf folder tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad Cwetgo brought this up, as I just received the set from an eBay purchase. The link printed in the instruction manual for all 30 models (www.legofactory.com/buildinginstructions) is no longer valid and www.legofactory.com is now DesignByMe. It's a shame LEGO made the switch and forgot about those of us buying the set secondhand (or those of us who didn't download all 30 lxf files when they were available).

Also, my set did not come with printed instructions for the main model. Is that normal? I used the pdf file available from LEGO.com and ended up building the crocodile after much deliberation and I'm happy I did as it looks great (I had already downloaded the lxf file of the GP looking locomotive and LDD in anticipation of buying the set).

Thanks to Mr. Lego Bildur for getting them up. However, I think LEGO ought to remedy this problem by fixing the link provided in the manual, so that others are able to build the alternate models. I doubt I'll be taking the croc apart anytime soon though.

Edited by fyparr

Also, my set did not come with printed instructions for the main model. Is that normal? I used the pdf file available from LEGO.com and ended up building the crocodile switcher after much deliberation and I'm happy I did as it looks great (I had already downloaded the lxf file of the GP looking locomotive and LDD in anticipation of buying the set).

There should be printed instructions for the Crocodile as far as I remember (which by the way is no switcher).

LDD has an option to export to .ldr but it has problems. LDD 3 seems slightly better but there are still missing pieces and odd colours. A while ago I've cleaned up the export for model #5, James Mathis' eLoc. The .mpd can be found here. I'm working on doing instructions in LPub now.

If you can read ldraw files I can probably dig up my own models (6 and 22) and maybe some others. I'm happy to send my own but you'd need to get permission from the other builders before I'd send them.

Tim

PS. Although there's a chance they may not have been backed up properly... don't ask

Also, my set did not come with printed instructions for the main model. Is that normal?

Instructions for the main model can be found as a PDF here.

Instructions for the main model can be found as a PDF here.

Thanks, as stated I already had gone to LEGO.com for them. I was just wondering if it was normal that my box did not contain the printed manual.

Thanks, as stated I already had gone to LEGO.com for them. I was just wondering if it was normal that my box did not contain the printed manual.

I think initially the box came without any instructions as it was designed to encourage people to use Lego Factory (hence the 30 model instructions) but so many people complained TLG later produced printed instructions for the main model. I bought 3 MISB sets and none of them came with the instructions in the box. The instructions were sent with the box however.

I see, thanks for clearing that up Peterab, that makes perfect sense. I sometimes see it on eBay with the instructions included, but they are separate (not in the box) as you described.

I think initially the box came without any instructions as it was designed to encourage people to use Lego Factory (hence the 30 model instructions) but so many people complained TLG later produced printed instructions for the main model. I bought 3 MISB sets and none of them came with the instructions in the box. The instructions were sent with the box however.

Not quite right but close. The instructions were added before release but were printed too late to be added to the boxes. So they were sent separately.

Tim

There should be printed instructions for the Crocodile as far as I remember (which by the way is no switcher).

LDD has an option to export to .ldr but it has problems. LDD 3 seems slightly better but there are still missing pieces and odd colours. A while ago I've cleaned up the export for model #5, James Mathis' eLoc. The .mpd can be found here. I'm working on doing instructions in LPub now.

My 10183 came with instructions OUTSIDE of box, so it's possible that your seller forgot to include them or kept them for himself(if I'm correct they were added to each box)

m101832916.gif

Hi all,

I didn't had time to read the whole thread.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=328898

This gallery provides images as GIF for all Hobby Train models ...

As member of the Hobby Train Crew I can say that we did all models in MLCad, but we were not allowed to share these files online. These files were used for the rendering of the models for the Box art and the inspiring sheet.

But now fans have created various ressources to download all the instructions.

Holger

P.S. Congratulations to all the proud winners of the recent Train Contest!

I asked about this to Designbyme reps, here's the answer:

Regarding the building instructions for the 30 alternative train models we are working on developing some .pdf´s that we plan to include on the consumer service web-site.

Thanks for this thread everyone - I was reminded that I'd only built about 4 of these models! Have just built myself the little 2-2-0 train with tender and goods wagon, looks really nice. Hope to build an amended version incorporating dark green to stand in as a small engine of the same company as running Emerald Night (hope to do a little station scene with the two engines as part of a planned winter village scene).

Thank you for the info cagri! Good to know TLG haven't forgotten about those pdf's altogether, even if we already have our sources of getting them (thanks to everyone who's been so kind to upload them!)

Below all the models of the hobby train 10183, officiele alternative models. The construction plans can directly use you with the officiele construction programme of lego themselves. as it happens, legodesigner.

This programme must stand however already on your pc

:wink:

Visit My Website

greets Patje

:wink:

Hello i am new here

I just got my first two lego train sets. I got the power function passenger train set and the hobby train set. I built the crocodile engine with the hobby train set because that was the only one it showed you how to build in the instructions but there is heaps of different trains on the box. Is there anywhere i can download the building instructions for the other trains as i would realy like to make one of the diesel freight trains on the box. thanks in advance

You're right! :'-)

I've uploaded all instructions to my account.

Have fun!

THANK YOU so much for uploading those instructions Holodoc! :thumbup: I have scoured the internet looking for them, as well as, LDD and Lego Factory to no avail. So thank you, thank you! :classic:

Curious to know if anyone knows a link to where the actual 80 models are that this set was created from?

Gambort would be able to give you a definitive answer since he worked on the set, but I'd guess there might be restrictions on if they can be released or not.

Gambort would be able to give you a definitive answer since he worked on the set, but I'd guess there might be restrictions on if they can be released or not.

Not quite definitive as it's too long ago but I'm pretty sure only 30-40 (most of which are available already) of the 80 models were ever made as instructions. Some of the other contributors might remember better than me.

I'm pretty sure I lost all mine when my old laptop died.

Tim

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm not so much as worried about the instructions....just curious to get a detailed view of the models that were created. I'm new to Lego Trains, but I've always had a fascination with trains since I was a child. I actually just received the Lego Hobby Train a few minutes ago. I wrote Lego about possibly bringing back the My Own Train series, but they said it would be up to their design team to make that choice.

I'm actually looking for some really good flat car instructions if you guys know where I might find them....free of course. :)