Sign in to follow this  
ZlatanXVIGustaf

Unintentional Exploring

An Avalonian fishingboat was caught in a storm and got shipwrecked. Three of the crewmembers managed to swim ashore but they have no idea where they are or what dangers might be lurking for them in the forests... 

25430665357_38477a5114_z.jpgUnintentional exploring by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

40256832122_a130a2e1eb_z.jpgUntitled by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

40301774481_9d2bfbb557_z.jpgUntitled by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

This was a fun build, nothing really challenging other than the small tree to the right. I really like how the beach turned out as this was my first. Overall, I'm happy with the outcome.

Also, pictures are terrible as usual... meh.

Hope you enjoy it!

Edited by ZlatanXVIGustaf

Nice job on the rockwork, I really like the cave and arch formations!  The light blue flowers add a nice touch of color too. :thumbup: 

Great job love the beach.  The rockwork and landscaping are nicely done.  I especially like the rock that arches out into the water.  

Very nice landscaping and especially rockwork, I particularly like the cave with the well-placed olive green grass and the larger tree.

On 2018-02-16 at 6:02 PM, Gunman said:

Nice rockwork and beautiful layering man...  Awesome 

Thanks Gunman, glad you like it!

On 2018-02-16 at 6:20 PM, KevinyWu said:

Very nice trees! The arches are also great!

Thanks! The arches was actually what I build first and at that point I didn't really know what i was going to build.

On 2018-02-17 at 4:02 PM, Kai NRG said:

Nice job on the rockwork, I really like the cave and arch formations!  The light blue flowers add a nice touch of color too. :thumbup: 

Thanks!

On 2018-02-18 at 5:30 AM, zoth33 said:

Great job love the beach.  The rockwork and landscaping are nicely done.  I especially like the rock that arches out into the water.  

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Gideon said:

Very nice landscaping and especially rockwork, I particularly like the cave with the well-placed olive green grass and the larger tree.

Thanks Gideon! I wanted the cave to look dryer than the outside so i decided to go for the olive grass. The tree is heavily inspiered your tree here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jonas_wide/33796369024/in/photostream/

Some great landscaping for sure! I really like your rockwork and irregular border, while the beach is just amazing. Good job Zlatan! :thumbup: 

Lovely colour combinations!

At first I thought there were 2 petrified sea snakes in the first pic but different angles proved me wrong :D

On 2018-02-19 at 10:30 PM, TitusV said:

Some great landscaping for sure! I really like your rockwork and irregular border, while the beach is just amazing. Good job Zlatan! :thumbup: 

Thanks Titus, I'm glad you like it!

3 hours ago, Puvel said:

Lovely colour combinations!

At first I thought there were 2 petrified sea snakes in the first pic but different angles proved me wrong :D

I can't unsee the sea snakes now:grin:

Those rock arches are incredible! Very good landscape layering too, which along with the pretty trees makes for a very compelling nature scene :wub:

18 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Those rock arches are incredible! Very good landscape layering too, which along with the pretty trees makes for a very compelling nature scene :wub:

Thanks a lot Isaac!

The vegetation looks great, especially that palm tree. The water and beach are good, as well. I enjoy the rockwork, too, though I have to agree that they look like giant petrified sea snakes! Too bad you posted this a week or so too late to be in the 5th Anniversary challenge, though, since it seems so appropriate for that. 

15 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The vegetation looks great, especially that palm tree. The water and beach are good, as well. I enjoy the rockwork, too, though I have to agree that they look like giant petrified sea snakes! Too bad you posted this a week or so too late to be in the 5th Anniversary challenge, though, since it seems so appropriate for that. 

Thanks Henjin!

You are spot on actually.:grin: It was going to be an entry in the challenge until I realised that I had only posted one free build and I didn't feel like posting five small and rushed builds just to be able to compete in the challenge.

Sublime landscaping here, that rock arch is brilliant! It's quite impressive how many shades of green you managed to fit in, while keeping any of them from looking out of place. 
Fantastic work with the trees too :thumbup: