Sign in to follow this  
Captain Genaro

[OL FB] Lavalette Warehouse

Recommended Posts

Here's a build I've had sitting around for months now. Originally it was going to be part of a continuing story, but sometimes life works out differently. The presentation isn't the best (for which I do apologize), but overall I'm fairly pleased with the overall build. 

Comments and criticism are welcome. 

There were always those who found the RNTC’s policies to be irritating and sometimes downright annoying. Some merchants, finding the RNTC’s taxes and fees to be an unacceptable burden on their profit margin, would decide to go through the standard process of unloading and selling goods while avoiding the step of giving the company a share of the revenue.

With the absence of Mayor Henri Hollande, these merchants became even more daring. Instead of unloading the goods along the wild shores outside of town in the dead of night, smugglers began mixing taxed and untaxed goods as the unloaded cargo in Lavalette’s harbor, right under the company’s nose. The merchants became more daring, yet the company took no action, furthering the merchant’s daring. Surely, the merchant’s thought, if we haven’t been caught yet we won’t be caught in the future.

But the merchants were playing a dangerous game, and one which they were about to lose. For while the civilian officials were seemingly unaware of what was happening, Major Wolfgang Hochstetter kept a close eye on everything that happened. And once he decided the time was right, once just enough contraband cargo was sitting in Lavalette’s warehouses, he struck.

38107897335_b2e365b4bc_z.jpgLavalette Warehouse by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Troops swarmed the quayside warehouses, searching for any barrel and any chest that lacked the stamp from the company’s port officials. One contraband was found, soldiers quickly stormed the building and began taking corrective action against all offending goods. Others formed a line to keep crowds at bay while Major Hochstetter interviewed the warehouse’s owners to ensure they understood the RNTC’s policies. Of course, the owners quickly learned their lesson, albeit too late to save their lives.

24130217617_aa6d366d04_z.jpgLavalette Warehouse by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

38107894175_b02a05cfae_z.jpgLavalette Warehouse by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

38994346481_788e5d32f6_z.jpgLavalette Warehouse by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Additional Pictures: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The building and quay are done well with the color variations and texture! I like how you portrayed the upset merchants with fitting facial expressions. Even the door broken off the hinges looks correct with the storming of a warehouse. Overall very nicely done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve said it before, but I do love dark red and it looks great here! Nice texture and design for the warehouse and great minifig placement. Summary execution seems overly harsh although, you could have at least had a quick trial and public execution :pir_laugh2: great job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second ! This dark red fits very well to you're warehouse...When I look at the old styled windows, I notice that it seems to be spiderwebs as befits a real warehouse !! You have to wait especially for that ? (you probably made it way too much *huh* )

7 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

Here's a build I've had sitting around for months now

Perhaps some glare due to the lighting for the pic.

Anyway ! That 'a nice one !

Edited by Professor Thaum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said, that building (brick profile and normal bricks really work well) and quay are really well built and I also like those strong emotions the minifig poses and faces depict!!! Needless to say we are as authoritative as we appear as a faction! Muhahahaha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oi, Oleons tyranny in action. *taking notes for the next "WTC Monthly"*

 

A great build and interesting story to go with it! Lots af things going on in this scene, with the crowd being well done. My favourite are the soldiers though, that "Boston tea party" work just looks awesome. And I love the dark red bricks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent build, the dark red looks wonderful, and I'm loving those stripes of dark grey ball connectors as well!  I second Professor Thaum on the apparent spiderwebs being a great point on realism too! :grin: :thumbup:  The minifigure activity and SNOTted dock are really well done, but I wouldn't want to be a Olean smuggler just now! :pir-grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As everyone else has noted, the dark red looks great here, and you've done a wonderful job of varying the texture. And the minifig posing is fantastic. The pics are alive with activity. Great posing and face choices. I'm glad you finally got around to posting this! :thumbup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

 Summary execution seems overly harsh although, you could have at least had a quick trial and public execution 

Yikes!  I have to agree there.  That seems overly harsh... oh wait, I'm a hypocrite. :laugh:

 

That building has a lovely look as others have said and the crowd scene is well staged.  Nicely done.

PS: I just noticed the two nefarious merchants are wearing green.  Nice touch!

Edited by Kwatchi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent build. This warehouse looks awesome, I like all these dark red bricks, and the roof technique, consider it stolen.:pir-grin:

Is it there a torso of miss-pirate from the 90's? And I do agree that the execution of the smugllers is a bit harsh, but on the other hand, it;s very dissuasive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:27 PM, Dukesc said:

The building and quay are done well with the color variations and texture! I like how you portrayed the upset merchants with fitting facial expressions. Even the door broken off the hinges looks correct with the storming of a warehouse. Overall very nicely done!

Thank you, Duke. I always like it when I stumble upon the perfect minifig head for a scene. 

22 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I’ve said it before, but I do love dark red and it looks great here! Nice texture and design for the warehouse and great minifig placement. Summary execution seems overly harsh although, you could have at least had a quick trial and public execution :pir_laugh2: great job!

Harsh? Sir, you haven't begun to see harsh:pir_laugh2:. But I'm still glad you like it.

21 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

I second ! This dark red fits very well to you're warehouse...When I look at the old styled windows, I notice that it seems to be spiderwebs as befits a real warehouse !! You have to wait especially for that ? (you probably made it way too much *huh* )

Perhaps some glare due to the lighting for the pic.

Anyway ! That 'a nice one !

No spiderwebs, just glare from the lighting, but I am glad it looks okay. Thank you for the comment.

18 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

As others have said, that building (brick profile and normal bricks really work well) and quay are really well built and I also like those strong emotions the minifig poses and faces depict!!! Needless to say we are as authoritative as we appear as a faction! Muhahahaha!

Thank you very much. Hopefully this authoritarian gesture helps put the fear of the gods and the law back into people.

17 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Oi, Oleons tyranny in action. *taking notes for the next "WTC Monthly"*

 

A great build and interesting story to go with it! Lots af things going on in this scene, with the crowd being well done. My favourite are the soldiers though, that "Boston tea party" work just looks awesome. And I love the dark red bricks!

Tyranny? Such language I would expect from a lawless pirate, but for a Corrie to consider the enforcement of laws tyranny comes as quite a surprise.:pir_laugh2: I am glad you like the soldiers dumbing the goods into the harbor. Those have to be my favorite pics, too. 

13 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Excellent build, the dark red looks wonderful, and I'm loving those stripes of dark grey ball connectors as well!  I second Professor Thaum on the apparent spiderwebs being a great point on realism too! :grin: :thumbup:  The minifigure activity and SNOTted dock are really well done, but I wouldn't want to be a Olean smuggler just now! :pir-grin:

I wasn't so sure about the ball connectors, but I'm glad to get some vindication on their use. 

13 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

As everyone else has noted, the dark red looks great here, and you've done a wonderful job of varying the texture. And the minifig posing is fantastic. The pics are alive with activity. Great posing and face choices. I'm glad you finally got around to posting this! :thumbup:

Thank you, sir. The texturing can take a while, and I'm glad it paid off. 

8 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Yikes!  I have to agree there.  That seems overly harsh... oh wait, I'm a hypocrite. :laugh:

 

That building has a lovely look as others have said and the crowd scene is well staged.  Nicely done.

PS: I just noticed the two nefarious merchants are wearing green.  Nice touch!

I'm glad you like it. Thank you. 

Err, that's pure coincidence. Yes! Purely a coincidence. :innocent::grin:

4 hours ago, Bodi said:

Excellent build. This warehouse looks awesome, I like all these dark red bricks, and the roof technique, consider it stolen.:pir-grin:

Is it there a torso of miss-pirate from the 90's? And I do agree that the execution of the smugllers is a bit harsh, but on the other hand, it;s very dissuasive.

Thank you very much. Don't worry about stealing the roof design as I doubt I'm the first to use it. 

Yes, that is a lady-pirate torso from the 90's. I got it from a garage sale, and I'm not sure if the head and hair are the proper match (but it works for me). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.