Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[Esl-FB] Ship - The Messenger

The Messenger

The Elisabethtown shipyards worked out very well and built a fast vessel for Felipe de la Manzana to open trade on more destinations.

The ship is quite fast with its cutter style rigging and is also used for delivering mail, news and orders to the MAESTRO settlements so the ship has been baptised "The Messenger".

Here it is on its first trade mission :

23964247377_c1864a30f6_c.jpg

38797965832_d2ddc9aa74_c.jpg

38797956402_48eeef0ffd_c.jpg

38797952592_366b865a0c_c.jpg

27052527139_788a772058_c.jpg

38828818541_a52a759793_c.jpg

A new vessel from me initially built for Brickmania Antwerpen in order to add a sloop of war to the bluecoat fleet at this event. I converted it into a nice fast trading vessel for my personnal fleet after the event.

It will be licensed as a Class 3 vessel as it is really close to the HMS Otter (the class 3 vessel of reference) in shape and rigging.

Name

Class

Cost

Stats

Range

Maneuver

Firepower

Crew

Cargo

Hull

Total

The Messenger

Any comment or criticism is welcome.

Edited by Faladrin

Very nice little ship Faladrin, I like how well equipped it is with cannons, detailed rigging, etc.! :thumbup: 

3 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Very nice little ship Faladrin, I like how well equipped it is with cannons, detailed rigging, etc.! :thumbup: 

Thank you Kai !

I tryed a more realistic approach for my ship and it worked out well ! I am happy you noticed all the details ! Thanks !

Un joli cotre à hunier, j'aime bien le cabestan.

Bonne idée la figure de proue... on croirait qu'il va klaxonner pour s'annoncer comme le facteur ou les boulangers/épiciers ambulants quand j'étais petit :thumbup:

Nicely done, Faladrin, a neat, trim vessel you've got there!  I think I'm going to have to try to include a tumblehome on my next vessel as well!  And, of course, kudos for that rigging! :pir-sweet:

40 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Un joli cotre à hunier, j'aime bien le cabestan.

Bonne idée la figure de proue... on croirait qu'il va klaxonner pour s'annoncer comme le facteur ou les boulangers/épiciers ambulants quand j'étais petit :thumbup:

Merci !

unfortunately the figurehead is unable to use its trumpet, so it doesn't Klaxon at all... :laugh_hard:

15 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Nicely done, Faladrin, a neat, trim vessel you've got there!  I think I'm going to have to try to include a tumblehome on my next vessel as well!  And, of course, kudos for that rigging! :pir-sweet:

Thank you Garmadon !

Rigging is always a pain in some moments but it's so nice to see a good rigging on vessel ! BTW I've redone my old Raennette ship's rigging to fit to this one (and some other little improvements) and like this I have a more harmonised fleet. (Maybe I should take pictures of my vessels all together...)

Just now, Kwatchi said:

Lovely.

Thank you !

Wonderful little ship, with lots of details: capstan, cannons, great figurehead. Nicely rigged, too. Great job all around! :thumbup:

20 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Wonderful little ship, with lots of details: capstan, cannons, great figurehead. Nicely rigged, too. Great job all around! :thumbup:

Thank you Captain ! I think I have bettered my ship techniques with this one, so expect to see better rigged vessels and more details on my ships now !

once again, thank you ! :laugh:

Absolutely lovely hull construction, I love how much realism you achieved in this small scale. The figurehead is very cool, and adds a lot of character.

I do not like the rigging, but that is just a personal thing. You have obviously put a lot of effort in it, and it shows - it is just not my taste. I do wonder why the rope at the front end has to be so thick? It looks really odd to me.

Other than that I am very impressed with the result. Keep your shipyard busy! :thumbup:

A nice, sleek ship! As others have said, I also like her rigging, especially the ratlines, which coupled with the superb "messenger" figurehead, is the two features I really really really like.

Only thing I don't quite like is how the main mast gets thinner midways in order to accommodate the lower mast of sail over the stern (which name is absolutely eluding me)

Oh, this figurehead, l'appel du clairon.:grin:

Très joli bateau, j'aime bcp son look réaliste.

On 5 décembre 2017 at 2:38 PM, Drunknok said:

Absolutely lovely hull construction, I love how much realism you achieved in this small scale. The figurehead is very cool, and adds a lot of character.

I do not like the rigging, but that is just a personal thing. You have obviously put a lot of effort in it, and it shows - it is just not my taste. I do wonder why the rope at the front end has to be so thick? It looks really odd to me.

Other than that I am very impressed with the result. Keep your shipyard busy! :thumbup:

Thank you.

The thick rope I left in front of the bowsprit is made to be cohesive with my previous ships (well, especially the Brickwall) where I've built a 2parts bowsprit and used the rope to strengthen the mast transition. I found it nice and kept the rope. Then when I remade the Raenette rigging (still need to add some pics of it Btw...) I made the same thing and just kept the feature on this ship.

you could consider it as an artist licence... :grin:

But you're right it's not fitting to a more realistic ship. I will avoid it in the future.

On 6 décembre 2017 at 12:09 AM, blackdeathgr said:

A nice, sleek ship! As others have said, I also like her rigging, especially the ratlines, which coupled with the superb "messenger" figurehead, is the two features I really really really like.

Only thing I don't quite like is how the main mast gets thinner midways in order to accommodate the lower mast of sail over the stern (which name is absolutely eluding me)

Thank you !

I think the name you're looking at is the Boom, the fore and aft mast supporting the spanker, is that right ?

I had to make a compromise on this mast, yes you're right it's not really the best. But believe it or no, I just ran out of some of my technic parts I usually use for the fore and aft sails. And like it was a ship I built quite quickly for BMA I just had to deal with it.

my next ship will not have this inconvenient. I can assure you that.

On 6 décembre 2017 at 1:47 AM, Bodi said:

Oh, this figurehead, l'appel du clairon.:grin:

Très joli bateau, j'aime bcp son look réaliste.

Merci !

the figurehead design just hit me when I saw the clairon in my minifig accessories box. :laugh: I am happy you like it too.